Girl Gourmet Cupcake Maker

lakj98

Did anyone else buy this? I bought it for my daughter. She asked for it all of the time before Christmas. I noticed it had some bad reviews on it, but I bought it anyhow cause she seemed to really want it. Not it has been over a week since Christmas and she has not opened it. She hasn't even asked to open it or anything. So I am wondering if it is actually as bad as the reviews make it out to be? Wondering if I should just return it and get her something else. Especially if we do open it and she only plays with it once or twice.

So if you have it, what are your thoughts on it?

I bought it for my nieces. They haven't used it yet. I've bought them Easy Bake Ovens in the past. They don't use them alot. The mixes are expensive. I don't think it will be something they use all the time. Just a few times maybe? It may depend on how much you paid for it. I bought mine from Amazon and paid like $10.00 (?) so I'm thinking if they don't play with it much it is fine. But these were like $30.00 at Toys R Us. That wouldn't work for me. HTH

Well it was my daughters must have present so she got it. We tried it immediately. Yuck and messy. The cupcake is microwaved. The icing has to be put into the little hole on top that you couldn't even get your finger in. Then it just runs out. I dread getting it out again. She wouldn't eat it so yes it is a waste.

This was all DD asked for. She played with it on Christmas Day and hasn't asked since. I didn't think it was too bad. The cupcake looks really gross and spongy baked in the microwave. It's pretty simple, and much easier to clean than I imagined.

As far as the mixes go, I've been told that a normal cake mix with water will do the same thing. The mixes were more than the machine!

My 10 yr old DD wanted one and her little cousin (5) got one and they played with it. I'm glad I didn't get DD one. they ended up frosting the cupcake with a knife. I told DD we would just bake real cupcakes and make real cookies for her to decorate and she was fine with that. The decorating part of the the contraption really is pretty cruddy.

We bought one from amazon for 9.99.......and my 5 year old dd used it on Christmas day. We did not think it was that bad either. I don't mind having it b/c I only paid 9.99. I know my DD will use it again.

That's what we paid for it. I would have been disappointed if I spent 29$ on it at the store. For 10$ it works fine

I bought it from Target for $20.00. I am thinking I am going to return it. I took my daughter (5) to the kiddie cake classes at Michaels and I also took her to the cupcake class. We bake cupcakes often and I usually get a decorating bag ready for her and she uses that to decorate her cupcakes.

My daughter used hers once already & thought it wasn't bad but I agree what the above poster said about the icing thing being messy & it was a PITA to wash all the icing parts out & clean the icing off the machine. I looked at the mixes the other day and they were $6 and made either 2 or 3 of those mini cupcakes. Overall not any worse or better than the Easy Bake Oven. If anybody tries making it with the regular cake mix come back and post & let us know how it turned out because I will NOT pay $6 for a mix.

Return it! My DD wanted it for xmas. I read the reviews and didn't want to buy it. Then when I was out shopping bought it anyway. I thought how bad could it be.

WOW what a big waste of money. the cupcakes are chewy. The icing was weird. Our icing looked like silly putty. We put the icing in the tube and my daughter pushed down on the bar. the Cupcake went flying across the counter. The only thing I can say good about it, is we laughed and laughed. She has not asked to play with it again.

I would return it and use the money to buy supplies to bake real cupcakes.

We've used ours so I don't think I will return it. I'll chalk it up to lesson learned. She wanted it real bad so I guess it was worth it. We had another fiasco toy. The day spa. Girls can mix their own lip gloss, perfume, and face masks. It has a little waterfal that looked cool for awhile and then it just got to be a mess. She loved it for awhile and now she hasn't asked for it. It's gone anyway.

I think it's a pain, but my daughter loves it and has eaten both the cupcakes she made, so that's all that matters to me. It is the main thing she asked for and the first thing she tells anyone she got when they ask her what Santa brought.

We've used ours so I don't think I will return it. I'll chalk it up to lesson learned. She wanted it real bad so I guess it was worth it. We had another fiasco toy. The day spa. Girls can mix their own lip gloss, perfume, and face masks. It has a little waterfal that looked cool for awhile and then it just got to be a mess. She loved it for awhile and now she hasn't asked for it. It's gone anyway.

I'm glad I didn't give in to my DD 8 and buy either one for christmas. She had $40 to spend that her grandpa gave her and the first thing she picked was the cupcake maker. I flat out told her NO! The next thing she picked was the spa factory. Thankfully walmart didn't have any of the extra refill kits or whatever and I was able to talk her out of it.

She finally decided (after an hour of looking and being indecisive) on two different sets of blendy pens. Which is perfect for her since she loves to color and draw.

My DD wanted that day spa too. I was going to pick it up the other day at Sam's Club (clearance), but I passed on it cause it looked messy. My DD is only 5 so I thought she may be a bit young for that. Thanks for sharing though. Now I know to pass on it for sure.

I was just about to post a thread on this. Man! What a waste! It was on DD's list and of course, my DW wouldn't just let her have just the CCM, she bought the $70.00 bundle with every accessory, mix, cake plate, rake, frosting tip, you could imagine. And boy.........did it ever disappoint!

I was told by my DW that my DD's were excited to get the mixes going, only to have them taste the cake and immediately toss them in the garbage! They complained about the texture and taste saying it was "Gross!" and "Yucky!" This is getting re-boxed and shipped back to TRU!

I was just about to post a thread on this. Man! What a waste! It was on DD's list and of course, my DW wouldn't just let her have just the CCM, she bought the $70.00 bundle with every accessory, mix, cake plate, rake, frosting tip, you could imagine. And boy.........did it ever disappoint!

I was told by my DW that my DD's were excited to get the mixes going, only to have them taste the cake and immediately toss them in the garbage! They complained about the texture and taste saying it was "Gross!" and "Yucky!" This is getting re-boxed and shipped back to TRU!

Sorry to hear that. I would be upset too if I had spent 70.00...yikes! I bought ours off amazon for 9.99 flat.

We actually returned ours yesterday. My daughter asked for it for Christmas, but she realized yesterday that she really didn't want it, so we took it back to Wal Mart. (I thought it was a stupid idea anyway considering I bake all of the time, and make real cupcakes at least once a week)

I'm glad they called it a GIRL cupcake maker. My nine year old son would have gone wild over the idea if it had been packaged differently.

My nephew wanted this too. He is 7 and he loves to cook and bake. I wanted to get it for him, but my brother said NO WAY because it said GIRL Gourmet on it. LOL

this was a #1 request as well...and its still sitting unopened....we bought for 20$...anyone have suggestions on broaching the subject to a 7yr old that fully believes in Santa that its ok to return a santa present? Hate for her to have something she wont use but also dont want to damage Santas rep :D

this was a #1 request as well...and its still sitting unopened....we bought for 20$...anyone have suggestions on broaching the subject to a 7yr old that fully believes in Santa that its ok to return a santa present? Hate for her to have something she wont use but also dont want to damage Santas rep :D

I am going to return it while she is at school or something. I will just tell her that it didnt work right so I traded it for something better.

My daughter is very easy to please and always shows gratitude for everything so I know she wont mind and wont think much of it.

My daughter and I used this for a second time the 1st being christmas which was a flop. So we decides to just make our own cupcakes and then we bought frosting to use in the machine. It took forever to get the frosting in the machine anyway, then it doesnt even hold enough frosting to cover the cupcake, complete waste of $30 yes i was the dumb one and spent that much. I would return it if i had kept the box. I'll just know better than go against my gut feelings.

My daughter and I used this for a second time the 1st being christmas which was a flop. So we decides to just make our own cupcakes and then we bought frosting to use in the machine. It took forever to get the frosting in the machine anyway, then it doesnt even hold enough frosting to cover the cupcake, complete waste of $30 yes i was the dumb one and spent that much. I would return it if i had kept the box. I'll just know better than go against my gut feelings.

See my above post plz.

And yes. my DW took it back and got our $$$ back for it. DD now has a science kit and somemore Barbie accessories.

We got one for DD5 and she loves it of course. I can say that watching the online video helped to understand what consistancy the mixes should be. We will have fun with it. I have a recipe for microwave cupcakes that you make in a coffee mug and that will make 2-3 cupcakes in her baker and then I am going to use really thick homemade frosting.

I love to cook with my daughter, and if this gets her in the kitchen, I love it!