Dyson Vacumn Updated 1/09/09

Well I have to get a new vacumn. With the cleaning for the holidays, our current vac is giving up the fight. I would like to get a Dyson. We have 2 shedders, a Black Lab and a cat, other 2 dogs dont shed plus we have 3 birds. I have been looking at the DC07 All Floors the yellow one(Sears/$280 and Circuit City/$260). I also saw the purple DC07 Animal at Circuit City for $325.00. Does anyone have either one and how is it? I know there are others, but DH will not spend the $500 for the more expensive Dyson Animal vacs.

Another questions is does anyone have any coupons for either Sears or CC. I would prefer to get it at CC with a coupon and the free shipping if possible since DH would be even happier the less I spend.

Thanks for all replies, I know I will get some honest answers from you guys.

UPDATE: 1/09/09

Well I purchased the Dyson from Sears for $279 last weekend. Tonight DH went back to Sears to get prices adjusted on some tools and a tool chest he purchased. He walked by the vacumns and the DC07 was marked down even further to $199:eyepoppin. He got our receipt adjusted. Now I am even happier about getting it. I really did not want to spend too much especially after DH was out of work since August and just went back on Monday.

Edited by racerfan
Update

I have the yellow DC07 all floors that I caught on a sale at Target almost 4 years ago. I wouldn't trade this vacuum for anything. It's paid for itself. I put it head to head with my brother's Oreck and of course, I won!!!:D Sam's Club used to have a Dyson that was made for them that I thought about getting...you might look in Sam's Club or Costco before purchasing, but wherever you get it from, I'm sure you'll be pleased.

I bought a Filter Queen 20 years ago from a door to door salesman. It was worth the 1000 to never have to buy one again. I have bought 2 usesd hoses csheap off of ebay and bought 2 used ones at garage sales for 5 bucks to swap out parts. BUt you can't buy cheap and expect them to last. My daughter's inlaws own an appliance store and gave her an Oreck, it still don''t compare to my Filter Queen. I'd buy a used one on ebay before I'd buy anything else.

I bpught a reconditioned Dyson animal from Amazon.com. It is the best and really picks up the human and animal hair. With it being reconditioned, I was worried about how it would look and perform but everything looked and acted brand new

I had the dyson animal (actually still do but its sitting on my back porch with a chewed up cord) and now have 2 dyson slims.

The slims work just as well as the animal did just less bulky and weigh less. Buy the less expensive dyson you can find and then buy whatever attachments you want separately.

I bought the bissel pet hair attachments and adapted them to fit my dyson since they were cheaper than the actual dyson attachments and my pet hair dyson attachments crapped out on me.

Just an Update to my original post

Well I purchased the Dyson from Sears for $279 last weekend. Tonight DH went back to Sears to get prices adjusted on some tools and a tool chest he purchased. He walked by the vacumns and the DC07 was marked down even further to $199. He got our receipt adjusted. Now I am even happier about getting it. I really did not want to spend too much especially after DH was out of work since August and just went back on Monday.

Just an Update to my original post

Well I purchased the Dyson from Sears for $279 last weekend. Tonight DH went back to Sears to get prices adjusted on some tools and a tool chest he purchased. He walked by the vacumns and the DC07 was marked down even further to $199. He got our receipt adjusted. Now I am even happier about getting it. I really did not want to spend too much especially after DH was out of work since August and just went back on Monday.

Wow! That's great!!

Sooooo...... How do you like it? Give us a review please! I love mine. BTW get the dusting brush atachment. It is a blessing.

I have not opened it yet since I was hoping to get a deal on it. DH went last night so today is the day to try it out. Will let you know.

do you think this is a ymmv deal or should it be available at my sears too? if so, i am goi ng out today and getting it, lol.

You could call them. I have not checked any other Sears. This one is in the Wilkes Barre/Scranton area and we just happened to be there to p/u a tool chest for DH that we had ordered. It is the DC07 the Yellow one. I was told by the guy in the store that it was being discontinued.

I have a Dyson Animal DC07, and I love it. I've had it for 3 years and still works as good as the day I took it out of the box. That being said, I've had to replace the hose twice. I do use it everyday, but for a $500 vacuum the hose shouldn't tear! If you are close to your warranty ending, I recommend getting a replacement hose sent to you before you have to buy one on ebay! I still recommend the Dyson, however.

I have a Dyson Animal DC07, and I love it. I've had it for 3 years and still works as good as the day I took it out of the box. That being said, I've had to replace the hose twice. I do use it everyday, but for a $500 vacuum the hose shouldn't tear! If you are close to your warranty ending, I recommend getting a replacement hose sent to you before you have to buy one on ebay! I still recommend the Dyson, however.

I thought there was a 5 year waranty on all Dysons.

I bought the Dyson Animal about a year and a half ago at LNT with the coupon. I absolutely love it, but I need to use it more than I do! It's incredible at getting all the dog hair that my Oreck didn't pick up. I loved my Oreck until I got the Dyson. The only negative to the Dyson is that it's a little heavy. I was used to the lightweight Oreck.

Let us know how you like the Dyson!:)