AT&T Refurbished iPhones $99

shilo101

Good deal...Unfortunately I am an ATT customer and cannot get it at that price. Someday, someone will need to explain to me why an existing Cel Phone customer is not treated as well as NEW customers when new offers are available. Very strange customer service in the Cell phone industry.

Good deal...Unfortunately I am an ATT customer and cannot get it at that price. Someday, someone will need to explain to me why an existing Cel Phone customer is not treated as well as NEW customers when new offers are available. Very strange customer service in the Cell phone industry.

I am also an ATT customer and often wondered the same thing myself.:confused:

I am also an ATT customer and often wondered the same thing myself.:confused:

I think its because the phone discount is built into the cost of service under a new 2-yr contract. They would lose money if they offered you multiple such discounts. Thats why companies such as Metro PCS can offer such incredibly low price service -- you have to pay the full price of the phone, which makes it work out close to the same in the end. I did the math once when I considered switching to Metro PCS.

This is a good deal.

Most of my friends and fam. have Iphones, from what I hear the monthly bill is almost always over $100 and you have to purchase a "data plan."

I wonder how long it will be before ATT requires all customers to pay for a data plan? Currently it is only required for PDA phones.

Ditto this. It's frustrating!

Because the new customer is what they want. If the existing customer leaves they end up paying the termination fee(varies now depending how far you are into your contract) and the service provider still makes money, and usually you end up paying the extra fee's on there phones. If you bought that phone $50 when you signed up for a new service and then cancel, the leftover of what they say the price is(say $300 for the phone and you got it for $50) you would owe termination fee + the leftover phone cost($250)

I have a premier account through AT&T and up until about July i was getting 6-8 brand new phones from AT&T per year for the last 5yrs because i was a premier member. I would sell all these phones and make 5x more than what i paid for it usually. They cracked down on it recently and its looking like i may be only getting 2 a year or so. Premier is done through website only though. It just shows you how much there phones actually mean to them. Its the service they want and make there money off of.

If your really interested in this stuff go to http://www.howardforums.com/ There is about 950,000 members there and all they do is talk about phones and phone service. If you want to find out any tricks to get your price lowered or anything regarding phones thats the place to go.

This is a good deal.

Most of my friends and fam. have Iphones, from what I hear the monthly bill is almost always over $100 and you have to purchase a "data plan."

I wonder how long it will be before ATT requires all customers to pay for a data plan? Currently it is only required for PDA phones.

PDA phones actually do not require a data plan. Sam's Club/Walmart both sell PDA phones that do not require a data plan. Many folks who text use them for just texting.

However, PDA phones are not eligible for the unlimited MediaNet service ($15/month), instead you must have a PDA Internet plan that starts at around $30/month.

-----

It will be interesting to see what Wal-Mart does with the iPhone (a data requirement, or not) when they begin selling them in 1st Quarter 2009:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/11/18/iphone-3g-coming-to-wal-mart-on-december-28th-select-sams-clubs-as-well/

PDA phones actually do not require a data plan. Sam's Club/Walmart both sell PDA phones that do not require a data plan. Many folks who text use them for just texting.

However, PDA phones are not eligible for the unlimited MediaNet service ($15/month), instead you must have a PDA Internet plan that starts at around $30/month.

-----

It will be interesting to see what Wal-Mart does with the iPhone (a data requirement, or not) when they begin selling them in 1st Quarter 2009:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/11/18/iphone-3g-coming-to-wal-mart-on-december-28th-select-sams-clubs-as-well/

I know, I have a PDA phone that I mainly use for texting; however, I really don't want it now(Samsung Blackjack II) and I don't have a data plan...However, I'm under contract and can't change phones w/o paying full price at this time....

I know, I have a PDA phone that I mainly use for texting; however, I really don't want it now(Samsung Blackjack II) and I don't have a data plan...However, I'm under contract and can't change phones w/o paying full price at this time....

Many people buy cheap-o GoPhones and move their SIM card over. Or you could buy a phone off ebay.

And they do know what phone you are using. We have a family plan with 4 phones and with 2 teens we are always replacing them usually with phones from eBay. When you look at your AT&T bill online, they have pictures of which phone you are currently using. We have never told them when we switch phones, but the pictures are always current.

And they do know what phone you are using. We have a family plan with 4 phones and with 2 teens we are always replacing them usually with phones from eBay. When you look at your AT&T bill online, they have pictures of which phone you are currently using. We have never told them when we switch phones, but the pictures are always current.

The IMEI # gives it away...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imei

This is a good deal.

The cell phone companies will always find ways to squeeze money out of us.