Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Also I wonder if I read the thread from last year (this time period) will that give me an idea what to look for being clearanced next or is it completely different from year to year.. I guess maybe someone who has shopped at Target for years can answer this one. Thanks.

Kinda depends on what they will do with that "home stuff" (global bazaar) ... That will be clearing out soon...unless Target drags that on and on and on like the toys :(

Also in February is big time clearance in linens (nice throws, pillows, sheets, comforters, etc.)

Reading from last year's thread should help you a lot with other specific items as well.

Our Target in Mt Pleasant, SC had wipes 30% last week. Not many clearance diapers left though. I managed to get 2 boxes of wipes. I bought the advertised diapers today...19.99 a box, buy 2 get a $5 gc. Also got a mailer from Target w/ a $1 off Huggies coupon + a $1.50 off Huggies coupon. The Aveeno baby Shampoo/wash w/ bonus lotion was $2.99 and I had a $1 off cpn in the mailer+ $1 off from Sunday's paper.

Also found lots of candles and candle holders clearanced at 75%. I bought the Flameless Votives 2 pk for $2.24.

Edited by shoppinmama

###097-04-0831 Circo medium bookcase espresso finish 59.98 (50% off)

It was in the kid aisle in bedding and is very nice- at least the picture on the box is. Must be sturdy because it weighs a ton. They also had a white medium bookcase with beadboard finish that was half off- I think around $65.

I once thought that too, but when I got it home, my husband who is a union carptenter laughed at me. He said it's heavy cause its glueboard, sawdust mixed with glue and shaped into a board. He said it was junk and to not to ever buy anything made out of it again because it will chip and disintegrate real easy.

Kinda depends on what they will do with that "home stuff" (global bazaar) ... That will be clearing out soon...unless Target drags that on and on and on like the toys :(

Also in February is big time clearance in linens (nice throws, pillows, sheets, comforters, etc.)

Reading from last year's thread should help you a lot with other specific items as well.

**Thanks!!

Finally I found something to report.... all of you seem to find the things first lately.. but today I went to get those Butterfly houses for $3.94 (by the way... those are listed on Target.com for $15.74) and above them were the Backyard Safari Animal Callers for $2.48 (these are listed for $15-$24 on the internet) They are really cute and they have calls and it says the harder you blow the louder the sound. It makes 10 cool animal sounds. Anyways, hope you find some before they realize its marked wrong cause its more than 75% off right now.

Finally I found something to report.... all of you seem to find the things first lately.. but today I went to get those Butterfly houses for $3.94 (by the way... those are listed on Target.com for $15.74) and above them were the Backyard Safari Animal Callers for $2.48 (these are listed for $15-$24 on the internet) They are really cute and they have calls and it says the harder you blow the louder the sound. It makes 10 cool animal sounds. Anyways, hope you find some before they realize its marked wrong cause its more than 75% off right now.

I saw those animal callers last week when I bought the butterfly houses, but I didn't buy the animal caller my DD2 was scared of it and told me she didn't want it. I thought it would be fun, but I she apparently didn't think so:).

I have been married 24 years and have had approximately 4 complete correlle sets. Every piece of it has smashed in millions of pieces. I called them and they sent replacements for a while, but I won't do it anymore. The shards are too small and sharp like needles and you can never find all of them. It was too dangerous for my kids to have in the house anymore, I have went to Melamine type plates.

Be careful with Melamine - they are not safe for the microwave!!!

Be careful with Melamine - they are not safe for the microwave!!!

**It's so hard to find any usefull dishes/cookware nowdays. Everything either causes cancer or is bad or whatever! Makes it a lot harder to save a buck too! My hubby has thrown all of our tephlone (sp?) cookware a while back cause it causes cancer if scratched and used..so now we only use stainless steel (too bad for me it weights A TON - esp. when I have to flip it over to drain pasta..that's a real work out) We also don't put anything plastic in a microwave so all of those things are pretty much a waste in our house.. I'm frankly mostly confused on what is safe in that department so I live it up to him to buy that stuff (he's the cook in our family in anyway so I'm at a loss as to what most of that stuff is for anyways...)

arelf27, we also don't use plastic in microwave or anything but stainless. have you tried pyrex for the microwave? i'm pretty happy with that...(i also leave the cooking to hubby, but i'm the worrywart who insists on buying the good stuff and throwing out the bad stuff <g>)

Our Target in Mt Pleasant, SC had wipes 30% last week. Not many clearance diapers left though. I managed to get 2 boxes of wipes. I bought the advertised diapers today...19.99 a box, buy 2 get a $5 gc. Also got a mailer from Target w/ a $1 off Huggies coupon + a $1.50 off Huggies coupon. The Aveeno baby Shampoo/wash w/ bonus lotion was $2.99 and I had a $1 off cpn in the mailer+ $1 off from Sunday's paper.

Also found lots of candles and candle holders clearanced at 75%. I bought the Flameless Votives 2 pk for $2.24.

can you use both coupons for a single product?

**It's so hard to find any usefull dishes/cookware nowdays. Everything either causes cancer or is bad or whatever! Makes it a lot harder to save a buck too! My hubby has thrown all of our tephlone (sp?) cookware a while back cause it causes cancer if scratched and used..so now we only use stainless steel (too bad for me it weights A TON - esp. when I have to flip it over to drain pasta..that's a real work out) We also don't put anything plastic in a microwave so all of those things are pretty much a waste in our house.. I'm frankly mostly confused on what is safe in that department so I live it up to him to buy that stuff (he's the cook in our family in anyway so I'm at a loss as to what most of that stuff is for anyways...)

Get a pasta pot! Much easier! The insert with the holes just sits in the water, then you pull it out of the pot to drain. Life got much easier when I got one! And you can get inexpensive ones.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31E1915NPML._SL500_AA280_.jpg

can you use both coupons for a single product?

Yes. As long as one is a Target coupon and the other is a manf coupon. I think there is a $2 off Aveeno coupon out there somewhere, but I only had the $1 manf + $1 Target. $2 off would have made it free of course, but I was happy w/ .99. I found the Aveeno in the baby section on an endcap near the diapers and wipes. There is also Aveeno lotion there too for 4.99 so be careful to grab the right one.

Get a pasta pot! Much easier! The insert with the holes just sits in the water, then you pull it out of the pot to drain. Life got much easier when I got one! And you can get inexpensive ones.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31E1915NPML._SL500_AA280_.jpg

**I hear yah! :) You know we actually had one of these until recently (got it as a wedding present more than 10 yrs. ago.) I guess it finally got too old as it burned a whole right through it. Wouldn't you know, we have never used the insert. Just used it as a regular pot. Not even sure why we didn't. I don't even know if I knew that's how you're supposed to use it. :confused: I guess maybe it's time to look for a new one. It seemed kind of chincy and too lightweight. That might be the whole point though but is there a good one out there that's not so thin??

arelf27, we also don't use plastic in microwave or anything but stainless. have you tried pyrex for the microwave? i'm pretty happy with that...(i also leave the cooking to hubby, but i'm the worrywart who insists on buying the good stuff and throwing out the bad stuff <g>)

Never heard about pyrex. I will have to do some research on it. Can you buy it at Target? We usually just stick a microwavable plate in but the real challenge has been figuring out how to send dd3 lunch to daycare so it can be microwaved. They don't allow glass or anything that breaks.. I guess hubby was saying even those ChefBoy RDs (sp?) are packaged in plastic bowls and even frozen lunches are supposedly not that safe (even though I do eat those sometimes.) We do use mostly Corelle dishes at our house (LOVE how light they are) but who knows if those are even safe??

**I hear yah! :) You know we actually had one of these until recently (got it as a wedding present more than 10 yrs. ago.) I guess it finally got too old as it burned a whole right through it. Wouldn't you know, we have never used the insert. Just used it as a regular pot. Not even sure why we didn't. I don't even know if I knew that's how you're supposed to use it. :confused: I guess maybe it's time to look for a new one. It seemed kind of chincy and too lightweight. That might be the whole point though but is there a good one out there that's not so thin??

We got a decent one at Macy's back when we got married, but Target carries them on their website. The good ones aren't cheap, but we also use the main pot as a good big soup pot and such. You want a heavy bottom and good 18/10 steel for a good quality one. But if you just need a cheap one, I'd get the old enamel one (like camping dishes) and run with it. Those pots are pretty sturdy.

I went early this morning in hopes that the linens and stuff would be 75% off.. The global bazaar was.. I asked about the other stuff and she said she wasn't sure.. blah blah blah, i know they will be marking it lower today. Something i thought was strange.. There was an old lady working around the store with a price gun... she went to the TOYS checked all of the clearance stuff.. of course it didn't go any cheaper than 75%.. just thought that was strange for a Tuesday.. Why couldn't they have had anything good..

Two things: Global Bazaar is 50% off in Kansas City, too. Still nothing I want. Maybe at 75% I will be interested.

And, I found my first MM...and it's a "bonus pack" with 12 boxes and was still $.69! I feel like I'm part of a secret club now. :)

Which store do you usually shop at????

Hi there,

Got 6 Mm last night-- che out the frozen foods- tons of markdowns on Health Choice dinners and sandwiches

Ditto here on the frozen foods. Plus all sweaters/winter wear and Converse jeans (some xhileration) 75%. The jeans were between $6 and $8 and seem to be good quality. All girls' hats, scarves and gloves were also 75%-for some reason these didn't go down when the womens' did.