Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Did anyone notice if the picnic items were also going on clearance, or is it just the outdoor furniture?

I didn't see any picnic items, but I am not sure which section you mean. Do you mean the mini seasonal stuff? Picnic blankets, summer toys and such? Blue & green theme this year? Where they stock the bulk items when they have them? If so, those clearance separate from the patio furniture, but that should be coming soon too. :-)

The BTS stuff is really getting pushed this year. Seems even earlier than in the past. Ironic this year since we don't start back till September 10th!! So late this time!

Every toy isle was filled with red clearance stickers! Looked like at least half the inventory was marked down. That surprised me. Terminator, GI JOE, Funkeys, Tech Deck, Spy Gear and lots of other lines newly marked. NOTHING had gone 75%. Lots of things marked 30% had moved to 50% and tons of items not marked yesterday went 30%. Everything that I remembered being 50% yesterday remained at 50% today.

none of the picnic stuff was even marked down at ours. I'm guessing they will wait until after the holiday to start that. They sure did have a lot of alcoholic mixes!

Here too. Outdoor furniture was on 30% and some toys were marked 30%. Disappointing trip :(

I didn't see any picnic items, but I am not sure which section you mean. Do you mean the mini seasonal stuff? Picnic blankets, summer toys and such? Blue & green theme this year? Where they stock the bulk items when they have them? If so, those clearance separate from the patio furniture, but that should be coming soon too. :-)

The BTS stuff is really getting pushed this year. Seems even earlier than in the past. Ironic this year since we don't start back till September 10th!! So late this time!

Yep, the picnic blankets, where the bulk used to be. I saw interesting "containers" that I could use for my lunch (one for salad, where the dressing is kept separate) and I wanted to get it, but really didn't want to pay $3 bucks for it (I know, I'm being super cheap) but I'd definitely pay 1.50...

I figure I'll check on Monday or Tuesday.

Yep, the picnic blankets, where the bulk used to be. I saw interesting "containers" that I could use for my lunch (one for salad, where the dressing is kept separate) and I wanted to get it, but really didn't want to pay $3 bucks for it (I know, I'm being super cheap) but I'd definitely pay 1.50...

I figure I'll check on Monday or Tuesday.

I finally went back through last year's threads, and the summer picnic stuff went 75% June 15th!! I bet they wait till after July 4th this year. One store I shop has already started consolidating and stocking bulk again. Last year the bulk only lasted 3 weeks before it got moved out again.

Also, FYI: Last year the Patio stuff went 75% off July 15/16 (varied by area) and the first report of toys 75% last year was July 25th.

i finally went back through last year's threads, and the summer picnic stuff went 75% june 15th!! I bet they wait till after july 4th this year. One store i shop has already started consolidating and stocking bulk again. Last year the bulk only lasted 3 weeks before it got moved out again.

Also, fyi: Last year the patio stuff went 75% off july 15/16 (varied by area) and the first report of toys 75% last year was july 25th.

thanks so much for taking your time to update us~:D:d

I hit our store today at about 2 pm and the clearance team were still in the process of going through the toy aisles. It was hard to tell what had been scanned and what hadn't. Has anybody seen any Barbie stuff marked down? I noticed a while ago that the Rapunzel doll and the Maripsa doll were "NCF" but were NOT marked clearance. It was crazy busy, so I decided I'll go back on Monday to check it all out.

I bought the Sean Conway Adamsville patio set last night (dining table, 2 swivel chairs, and 4 regular chairs). It was marked down 75% off plus I got an extra 20% off the 4 regular chairs because there were none in boxes & I bought the floor models.

I bought the Sean Conway Adamsville patio set last night (dining table, 2 swivel chairs, and 4 regular chairs). It was marked down 75% off plus I got an extra 20% off the 4 regular chairs because there were none in boxes & I bought the floor models.

WTG! That's a great deal! :yup:

I keep forgetting to post this. Target changed their no receipt return policy yet again. Now you can return a total of $70 or $75 (I forget now) worth of merchandise in any combo of transactions on your license. It is no longer a total of 2 times with a limit of $35 each time. I thought that was a good change.

Yesterday I got:

3 Toddler Circo Brand Puzzles for $2.88 each

1 Full Size Bed Sheet Set - $4.98

3 Toddler Shirts - $0.75 each

3 Toddler Shorts - $0.75 each

1 Toddler Dress - $0.75

1 Welcome Mat - $2.98

3 4packs of Lemon Izze - $2.73 each

There were more bed sets on sale but they were only 50% off. Their lawn/patio furniture was all at the 30% off rate. :(

I'll have to keep checking back on them as I need patio furniture.

They had almost 2 whole aisles of clearanced toys!! I didn't see anything that I wanted for dd, but i MIGHT go back to grab some for her little friends' birthdays.

I got a 4 pack of socks for 1.48 (reg. 5.99) Growing Socks by Richelieu

I also got Hanes 2 boys Star Wars Box Briefs for 1.44.

I saw a whole bunch of Conair mini travel size ceramic hair straightners for 15% off. Will wait until at 50% off for this.

And I saw a whole bunch of Jensen silver projection alarm clock for 7.50 (Original 15.00). Will wait for 75% off.

I am much more excited about the toy clearance now. I went to the Branson MO Target and they had about 30-40% of the toy section marked down and had some really great stuff that ours in Springfield hasn't marked down yet. (Imaginext, Planet Heroes, Ben 10, Geotrax, lots of action figures and Hot Wheel stuff) It looked like there was a lot in the girl toys as well, but I only have boys so I didn't pay much attention. I found some of the National Geographic toys that I had planned to stalk already marked down to 50% off. They're only 30% at ours and pretty picked over. I'm hoping it's a sign of things to come because this Target is always a few weeks ahead of my regular store.

lot of stuff at downtown,MN store..

got twin comfortor from kids section for 12.99 org 49.99

matching window panels for 4.99 org-19.99

also have kids full size /twin size

quilt thats marked down 50% off - 24.99 i think org is 50.99

also queen size sets on clearance bed in bags, comfortor sets.

no good buy on clothes though :( wanted few for DS.

bummer they do not hold stuff on clearance so have to buy right away.

toys are still 30% off i think. i will check today.

I am much more excited about the toy clearance now. I went to the Branson MO Target and they had about 30-40% of the toy section marked down and had some really great stuff that ours in Springfield hasn't marked down yet. (Imaginext, Planet Heroes, Ben 10, Geotrax, lots of action figures and Hot Wheel stuff) It looked like there was a lot in the girl toys as well, but I only have boys so I didn't pay much attention. I found some of the National Geographic toys that I had planned to stalk already marked down to 50% off. They're only 30% at ours and pretty picked over. I'm hoping it's a sign of things to come because this Target is always a few weeks ahead of my regular store.

Thanks for the heads up! I really ought to get to Branson- DS9 LOVES the National Geographic stuff. All I found at Springfield was the remote controlled tarantula and the globe thing. We're headed to Camdenton tomorrow- depending on riding arrangements, I may drive separately and head to the lake. I'll let you know if I do.