Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

our candy was only 30% and other halloween stuff was 50%. Got some treat bags, playdoh, and puzzles at 50%, but I'll wait on the candy.

On a happy sidenote, I went to return the first DDR wii Disney ($50) because I had to purchase the second one at 34.95 to get the lower price. She scanned it and said, Wow! It's like $17! I said, "I know (from here) it's been marked down every time I walk in the store. Can I just re-buy it?" She said that was fine and just bring back the other one I bought ($35). Done!

So overall, good trip, but I was bummed the candy wasn't cheaper. I guess I'll just have to go back to return the other DDR and buy candy. darn. ;)

I have pretty much given up on the Vizio TV's. I have gone to so many Targets, made so many phone calls, and NOTHING. Today I went on a goose chase through a really bad neighborhood and 15 miles out of my way because I was told they had 5 in stock. Got there and they said that those TV's were "salvaged" WHAT?!?!?!? I really really wanted to get these TV's for my kids, I guess I'll have to sit through another 14 hours outside BestBuy in the 17 degree cold to get one (well two acually). I had such a bad experience waiting out and getting nothing on my list that I don't even know if its worth it! :cry2:

I made my first halloween run at 1pm this afternoon and I can't believe how much was left. A whole endcap full of ziploc's, 2 endcaps full of Bounty towels & napkins and TONS of candy. The good stuff too! Not just lollipops. Hardly any decorations and about 1/2 an aisle of costumes.

I can't get back there until late tomorrow morning so I went ahead and got a few paper towels and ziplocs but if it does go to 75% tomorrow, I plan to load up!!!

I saw a bunch of Halloween softsoaps also. Are those marked down this year? I know in the past, it's been iffy.

I have never seen any of the Halloween paper towels, napkins, Softsoap. Can anyone post a picture? I swear our Targets never had them to begin with....

Picked up Hefty Halloween gallon sized ziploc bags (50% off) for $1.49 and used a 20 cent coupon as well.

You might check the regular area if you don't see them in Halloween stuff.

Some electronics clearance got marked to 75%, lots of cell phone car chargers for $2.48 and some Sony noise cancelling headphones for $24.98.

Halloween was 30% off candy, 50% off everything else.

I noticed a woman returning A TON of Halloween stuff at CS. I always thought if you returned holiday items, they would refund you at the current selling price, not the price you paid. I know some stores encourage you to buy as much as you need and return what you don't use, but I wasn't sure Target does that. Anyone know? It seems like that would encourage people to return and rebuy at clearance prices. It wasn't candy she was returning, it looked like Halloween-themed party items.

I have never seen any of the Halloween paper towels, napkins, Softsoap. Can anyone post a picture? I swear our Targets never had them to begin with.....

The soaps were with the regular halloween stuff for me. They had orange striped ones with two pumpkins on the front. I think they had black ones too??? Can't remember. but I think it had candy on it. HTH!

That candy is just going to sit on the shelf at 30% off. It was cheaper on sale than it is now on clearance I think. Dumb dumb move I'd say. Especially when they need to make room for Christmas.

Man I wish I could be there right when they open for the 90% off (I did that with Christmas last year and scored like no other). If it's on Saturday, hey it might just happen for me. Or if it's Friday I might have to skip school to go get a few deals lol.

I noticed a woman returning A TON of Halloween stuff at CS. I always thought if you returned holiday items, they would refund you at the current selling price, not the price you paid. I know some stores encourage you to buy as much as you need and return what you don't use, but I wasn't sure Target does that. Anyone know? It seems like that would encourage people to return and rebuy at clearance prices. It wasn't candy she was returning, it looked like Halloween-themed party items.

That is the corporate policy (you get the current selling price on seasonal merchandise), but some states don't allow it, so they get back full retail. You might want to find out. On the other hand, she might have gotten carried away yesterday and returned it right away to avoid losing even more if it goes lower.

Some electronics clearance got marked to 75%, lots of cell phone car chargers for $2.48 and some Sony noise cancelling headphones for $24.98.

Halloween was 30% off candy, 50% off everything else.

In our area, it doesn't matter when you return it, you get back what you paid for it as long as you have your receipt. You can buy something full price; change your mind, and it doesn't matter if it is currently selling at 90% off... as long as you have your receipt, you can return it and get back the full price you paid.

Some have said it's based on state laws, but I have no idea how that works. I've never been told that I couldn't have my full refund in the Kansas and Missouri stores that I frequent.

(Obviously if you do a return without a receipt, you'll only be refunded the current selling price of the item no matter what you paid for it unless they can do a receipt look up.)

The soaps were with the regular halloween stuff for me. They had orange striped ones with two pumpkins on the front. I think they had black ones too??? Can't remember. but I think it had candy on it. HTH!

You might check the regular area if you don't see them in Halloween stuff.

I checked the regular aisles up and down and they were nowhere to be found. I mean, maybe they were there but sold out before Halloween came around. Thanks for the tips, though!

Someone earlier mentioned a popcorn machine on clearance.

Does anyone know which size it was or have a # for it?

Dh would love one of these, has been on his list for awhile :)

I'm not sure you'll find one anymore, they went 75% off with the other clearance small kitchen appliances last week. All my stores have left now are waffle cone makers. I only ever saw one popcorn maker, and I think it was gone at 50%. It was one of those ones that looks like the box at the movie theater, cute for a media room. No DCPI, sorry!