Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

for the first time ever, i was there when they opened. Only about 10 people there waiting to get in.

I snagged a ton of the bag of chips for the girls' lunches, along with goldfish, animal crackers, the quaker oat bars, gripps chocolate chip cookies, paper towels, ziplocs and even a shirt for hubby that is a Ghostbusters one for 3.50. OH - also picked up the Wii Dance Dance Revolution DISNEY version of the game w/2 game mats for 17.98! Putting it up for Christmas.

I am so jealous of the Disny game. My kids so want that for Christmas. Our Target didn't have it at all. I may have to try another.

Thanks! I have inside knowledge and didn't want everyone to get too excited just yet! I will let everyone know the day before it gets marked down further. Which will probably be sometime near the end of the week!

Funny, it isn't 30% everywhere. I got M&Ms as well as Hersheys Kisses and Tootsie Rolls. Gave out a pile of coupons to people. My M&Ms were $.49 with stacked coupons.

Our store was only letting people buy 10 bags of candy. :gdparanoid: There were no signs but when people went to check out they would say sorry only 10. The cashier I was talking to said they were taking whole carts of stuff back because people were loading up then getting upset and leaving. Um, ya at 30% off who cares how many bags people buy? It isn't that much off so they would still be making money. I thought it was very strange. Target isn't what it used to be. :no:

That is SO weird. Our stores were encouraging people to take it. Take it all! They need to set up Christmas and they want it GONE!

Does anyone think there will be a thing left for 75-90% off?

I really want some majorly cheap candy (for football team-boys will eat anything) and will be stalking from here on out.....

The way it sounds,there won't be anything left!

:shock:

I seriously doubt it. There wasn't near as much as years past to start, and it was pretty grim by the time I hit a couple other stores in the afternoon. I didn't even leave my stashes for fear I just won't get stuff.

Most bagged candy was 30%, but the Snickers, Mars, etc in the plastic candy jars were 50% and Target.com has a coupon for $1 off the Snickers. Made it 3.xx.

Costumes, paper products, toys, decor was 50% off. Hit two Targets and stuff that I usually wait for 75% off I decided to play it safe and pick up at 50%. There were probably 3 times the early morning clearance shoppers than in years past, and they were loading up. I was VERY surprised to see all the activity.

I couldn't find the coupon on the website...... can anyine refresh my memory on how to get them.... thks so much!!!!!:o:o

Found out the reason for the different price % from 30% to 50%. The stores who had tons of candy and didn't sell as much as other stores went immediately to 50% in order to get rid of the excess candy faster. While the stores who did good with candy sells only went to 30%, because of lighter inventory of candy.

Our store was only letting people buy 10 bags of candy. :gdparanoid: There were no signs but when people went to check out they would say sorry only 10. The cashier I was talking to said they were taking whole carts of stuff back because people were loading up then getting upset and leaving. Um, ya at 30% off who cares how many bags people buy? It isn't that much off so they would still be making money. I thought it was very strange. Target isn't what it used to be. :no:

That is strange that they were limiting candy like that. I can tell you this, they are trying to delay entirely getting rid of Halloween because Christmas is not fully set up yet. At Target they frown against leaving aisles empty. If they empty those aisles right away then they will have to scrabble to find merchandise to fill there temporarily. Since they have scaled back on inventory from previous years, this will make it difficult. If an aisle is empty they will lose sales. Whenever they re-set a department, they have a time frame of when it has to be set up. Christmas should be fully set and decorated by either Thursday or Friday of this week. They also have not received the bulk of the Christmas merchandise from the DC. Some stores finish setting Christmas faster than others, it just depends on the team. The closer they are to finishing the faster Halloween candy will be marked to 50%,75% and maybe 90%. In the next few days the markdowns will progress very fast. So be on the lookout, because it will be gone before you know it!

Should I bother going to the Collierville TN store or did you wipe that one out too?:P (Howdy neighbor, I'm in Byhalia MS)

No, don't bother going to the Collierville store - then there won't be anything left for me when it goes 75%! Just kidding! Actually, after any holiday, the Target in Germantown at Forest Hill Irene & Poplar has more stuff left, because they are a bigger store with more seasonal items to start with. (I'm in Collierville!) I alwasy start at the Germantown store, and it isn't much farther away.

I didn't see the softsoap, quaker oat bars or gripps. Did anyone notice the packaged Doritos combo expiring Nov 3rd. I'm taking mine back this morning. I hope they don't give me any grief.

You realize that is the sell by date, not the eat by date. They are still good for a few months generally.

Found out the reason for the different price % from 30% to 50%. The stores who had tons of candy and didn't sell as much as other stores went immediately to 50% in order to get rid of the excess candy faster. While the stores who did good with candy sells only went to 30%, because of lighter inventory of candy.

I don't know if I agree with this. Our store had almost 3 aisles FULL of candy (just candy, not including the other halloween stuff) and NOBODY was buying it at 30% off. The other Halloween stuff seemed to be going quickly, but I didn't see anybody picking up candy at all. I got a 20 pack of playdoh for $2.49, a 24 pack of kids' cards games for $2.49 and a 2 pack of black "spooky" flashlights with batteries for $2.49. At only 30% off and buckets full at home, I can wait on the candy.

Stopped by Target this morning and picked up quite a bit at 50% off. I was going to get a few bags of the Halloween Quaker granola bars but they came up item not found??? The cashier grabbed them back and said that they must have been recalled and refused to sell them to me. My question is does anyone know if they were recalled?:eek: My kids got quite a few of those while trick or treating and I would like to know if they were really recalled or if they were just telling me that.

I had the same thing happen to me when I scanned the granola bars but I asked a manager and she let me buy them at 50% off. Got 6 bags for 1.24 each plus several boxes of chips at 2.49 each, Oreos and Gripps snacks for 2.49 for the kids school lunch. Also stocked up on paper plates, Bounty, plastic ware and cups for Thanksgiving. Who cares if they are orange and black? :-)

Edited by blssed2bme

I bought several bags of chips for school lunch for DD, paper towels, paper napkins, and paper plates--the dessert size are perfect for Thanksgiving appetizers & desserts. Books, stuffies, playdough and a baby outfit (going to a baby shower next week). DD really wanted one of those black throws, it was 50% so I bought one, it is very soft and a good size. Softsoap was 50% I bought the ones with the pumkins, so they will be in the bathrooms until I decorate for Christmas.

Candy varied from 30% to 50% off, depending on what type of candy.

Edited by trbarginhunter
left out half the list

Man! i went to my target hoping to find the ziplock bags and other halloween stuff like that. They didn't have anything! They have TONS of costumes and candy left though. Everything was 50% off. But I am going back in a few days anyway so I didnt get anything, figure I don't NEED anything, so I will see what they have left at 75-90% off. Scored big 2 years ago and ds is still playing with those costumes! LOL! If I get any I will save it for his bday, if not he won't know the difference. I actually was there looking for the 14.xx microwave, no luck. BUT I did score a few good finds though!

Home Charging station reg 20.xx got it for 4.98

Rival waffle cone maker reg 25.xx got it for 6.24

Wall art, chicago stadium canvas pic reg 29.xx for 7.48 (I have been waiting on this to clearance for a year! LOL!)

Halloween carving kid reg 3.99 got it for 1.99

Lightsaber toy (from the Halloween dept) reg 7.99 got it for 3.99

Anyone think 75% off tomorrow? Here is last years schedule. They seem to favor Tuesdays and Saturdays for markdowns on holiday stuff, so that's why I'm thinking tomorrow for 75 and Saturday for 90. Or do you think Wed and Sat?

Halloween 08

Nov. 1st, 2008 = 50%

Tue. Nov. 4th, 2008 = 75%

Sat. Nov. 8th, 2008 = 90%

Anyone think 75% off tomorrow? Here is last years schedule. They seem to favor Tuesdays and Saturdays for markdowns on holiday stuff, so that's why I'm thinking tomorrow for 75 and Saturday for 90. Or do you think Wed and Sat?

Halloween 08

Nov. 1st, 2008 = 50%

Tue. Nov. 4th, 2008 = 75%

Sat. Nov. 8th, 2008 = 90%

usually they go 3 days in between for holidays except Christmas, tho last year it really varied between stores.

Scored! Got the Vizio TV today, there was one there last week and went around the corner and it was gone so went over to the clearance games and there it was. Slow in the store, so ask the man if he knew if it went down anymore, he scanned it and it was showing up funny, so he took it to the register and it said $450. The electronics manager was coming by and I mentioned this may be going to $225 soon so he checked again on the little handheld and went over to someone else who I know does markdowns, they talked about how did that get missed-he excused himself and said he would be right back-he comes back with a red barcode sticker and marks it $225 and asks if I still wanted it LOL UMMMMM, yes sir!

On the halloween front, we have a ton left. Got some candy with the coupons on the Target website, got two props (mister/fogger thing, lights) but no paper towels or household type of goodies. There wasn't any of that last year either. I will check again when it goes 75% off, sometimes things find their way back.