Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I am also of the understanding that once the clearance item is scanned by the markdown team, the price is automatically changed in the system. You should have been able to purchase the TV for the lower price as soon as she scanned it. I would have just picked it up and taken it to the register after she scanned it or put the dcpi # into a store scanner to check.

I am also of the understanding that once the clearance item is scanned by the markdown team, the price is automatically changed in the system. You should have been able to purchase the TV for the lower price as soon as she scanned it. I would have just picked it up and taken it to the register after she scanned it or put the dcpi # into a store scanner to check.

Now that I know that I will certainly do that next time! Thanks for the info.

008-09-1433 32" Vizio 1080p Java Series 225.24 ($450)

Are those the numbers I can enter into the price checker and see if they have the tv in stock?

If the item is on clearance and you enter the numbers in the price checker, most likely the system will tell you it is not in stock. If you want to know if any of your stores have them in stock, you will need to check with Guest Services. If you are at the store, just tell them you have a DPCI and want to know if any nearby stores have the item and they will tell you what the count is at each store in your area. This count is not always accurate when it is a clearance item, especially when the count is under 3. Just keep that in mind. You can also do this over the phone by calling your local Target.

Once the item is scanned with the discounted price, it should be that new price when you bring it up to the registers. I did that during the toy clearance -- if the markdown team didn't get to my item yet, I would bring it to them to see if it was going to be marked down, they'd scan it, and if it was discounted more, that's all that needed to be done (it was in their system once it was scanned with the PDA).

I have run around all over the St. Louis/St. Charles area since yesterday morning looking for this TV...even when they did the item locator and it showed in stock at another store, once I got to that store they would tell me they had all been sold yesterday and the system just hadn't updated..at one store I missed the last TV by mere minutes...I am so bummed I lost 2 days looking for one and didn't find any! Oh and I checked: Brentwood, Hampton, Kirkwood, South County, Bridgeton, Ballwin, St. Charles (Mexico Ave), Ferguson, Florrisant, St. Charles Rock Road, and Lindbergh...now I am going to try Illinois!! Wish me luck!!

I have run around all over the St. Louis/St. Charles area since yesterday morning looking for this TV...even when they did the item locator and it showed in stock at another store, once I got to that store they would tell me they had all been sold yesterday and the system just hadn't updated..at one store I missed the last TV by mere minutes...I am so bummed I lost 2 days looking for one and didn't find any! Oh and I checked: Brentwood, Hampton, Kirkwood, South County, Bridgeton, Ballwin, St. Charles (Mexico Ave), Ferguson, Florrisant, St. Charles Rock Road, and Lindbergh...now I am going to try Illinois!! Wish me luck!!

I'm with ya there. I went to 6 different locations between yesterday and today and nothing! I missed one by minutes myself! Not a good feeling! Kinda like missing hitting the lottery by one number! :(

There are 2 different types of handhelds they use though and unless they are hooked into a little machine that spits out an orange ticket, it's hard to say for sure what the price came up as at that point of the morning. Sometimes there are folks working in the aisle who may appear to be part of the markdown team, and even are using handhelds, but unless the sticker machine is with them, they are most likely doing something else besides marking down.

If she had a little machine hooked up to her handheld and she scanned the tv, an orange ticket would have automatically popped out... I may be wrong, but I don't think they even have control of the orange stickers coming out. Those come out automatically if the price goes lower.

There are 2 different types of handhelds they use though and unless they are hooked into a little machine that spits out an orange ticket, it's hard to say for sure what the price came up as at that point of the morning. Sometimes there are folks working in the aisle who may appear to be part of the markdown team, and even are using handhelds, but unless the sticker machine is with them, they are most likely doing something else besides marking down.

If she had a little machine hooked up to her handheld and she scanned the tv, an orange ticket would have automatically popped out... I may be wrong, but I don't think they even have control of the orange stickers coming out. Those come out automatically if the price goes lower.

The little orange sticker thingy is connected wirelessly. It could have been in the next aisle out of site, but still would have worked.The 2 different handhelds are just 2 versions of the same thing. The difference is what part of their system they are in. Only the markdown team can check the price change, so if it wasn't someone on the team, or if she didn't have it set into the price change mode, it would not have done anything.

The little orange sticker thingy is connected wirelessly. It could have been in the next aisle out of site, but still would have worked.The 2 different handhelds are just 2 versions of the same thing. The difference is what part of their system they are in. Only the markdown team can check the price change, so if it wasn't someone on the team, or if she didn't have it set into the price change mode, it would not have done anything.

I flagged a team member down randomly once as he was walking around the store. I had the item with me and asked him if it was being marked down today. We were pretty far away from the section where the item belonged. He scanned the item with his PDA told me the current price it was coming up as, and then said it was going to be marked down to 75% off and that the mark down team probably hadn't gotten to it yet. I took the item to the cashier afterwards and it scanned as the 75% off price. I don't think the orange sticker thing had anything to do with his scanner at the time though.

Thanks to all of you that posted about the 32" Vizio TV. All the stores near me were completely sold out. I called the store near DH's office and they had one left in the back. The nice girl in Electronics said she would keep it in the back until my DH got there! I made DH leave work to go and get it! :cheesy: We desperately needed a new TV for our den.

Both Sioux Falls stores are out of the TV, and so are Watertown and Sioux City. :( I really wanted that tv!

I did, however, manage to score a GE TV Antenna for like $5.xx and 2 pk canned air for $2.48, both were 75% off the regular prices.

Yes, they will. Just take it to customer service with the receipt. It may be helpful to bring the item, too...sometimes they return it and then resell it to you with the coupon.

Also, regarding the TV lady...she obviously knew it would be marked down. If she scanned it with the markdown gun the price would show on her "gun" and it once she scanned it, it would be that price whether there was a sticker on it or not.

Thanks, I got the price adjusted today. I have to say though, I am not happy with the Target price match policy. I tried to get an item price matched that is on sale at Kmart this week. I didn't get the Kmart ad in my paper so I printed out the weekly ad from the kmart website. The woman at customer service said that they couldn't accept that. It has to be the actual full paper advertisement. Now I have to try to find a paper ad or see if Walmart will do the match without it :no:

any news on haloween markdowns today .. i have to get my DS costume but I dont want to spend a lot for an 2 hr thing.. its was 30% on monday

If you have a Marshalls near you, I know a lot of the costumes were on clearance for $2-$3. Ours still had a lot left to choose from (adult and kids).

Thanks, I got the price adjusted today. I have to say though, I am not happy with the Target price match policy. I tried to get an item price matched that is on sale at Kmart this week. I didn't get the Kmart ad in my paper so I printed out the weekly ad from the kmart website. The woman at customer service said that they couldn't accept that. It has to be the actual full paper advertisement. Now I have to try to find a paper ad or see if Walmart will do the match without it :no:

I just tried to get a price match for a Kroger ad, but it was a no-go. I was told they don't price match for Kroger, something having to do with having a Kroger Card. Whatever.:confused:

I just tried to get a price match for a Kroger ad, but it was a no-go. I was told they don't price match for Kroger, something having to do with having a Kroger Card. Whatever.:confused:

The official policy says that they won't price match if it requires a club card. We've been lucky so far, but they'll probably straighten that out so we don't get it anymore. I use the Walgreens ad a lot.

Just paid $3.15 total incl tax on 3 bags of Mars Snack Size Candy bars (I grabbed snickers,twix,M&Ms) by having Target price match Rainbow Foods ad ($1.78/bag) and used $1of/3 bags Target coupon and three $.50 off each bag Manu coupon found stuck to the bags of candy.

That is only $1.05 per bag!! Prob saved more if used Target coupon for M&Ms instead of the $1 off/3bags.

The Rainbow ad actually advertises a limit of 2 (additional bags at $2.19ea) but I had no problem at Guest Services and they didn't bat an eye to give me all 3 for $1.78.

Price match at Target starting to get a bit better ... but still feels like only a select few employees can figure out what to do. And they are suppose to be doing it at the registers now, but the store I went to made me go to Guest Services.

My Kmart always has a TON of their ads right at the front door. Hope you can find one!

My Kmart always has a TON of their ads right at the front door. Hope you can find one!

My closest Kmart is 25 miles away, so I was trying to avoid going all the way there when Target is about 3 miles away. Oh well. Maybe I'll try Target again tomorrow and see if a different person will do it for me. If not, I guess I'll venture to Kmart.