Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Okay so this weekend my son decides to submerge his Mickey Mouse digital camera in the bath tub. Don't ask I have no idea what he was thinking but now I see it is on clearance but of course I have planned c-section this thursday and I'm about to pop I don't think I can make it there. Seems anytime I really need something it goes on clearance at the worst time. LOL!!!! Glad everyone is finding great deals!!!!!

Run! Don't Walk! To your local Target - if you have a Camp Rock or High School Musical fanatic! They had Comforters for $7.44 and sheet sets were $6, both full & twin. Wishing I hadn't already got Jess's, as I had to pass on this deal

do you have a dcpi on these items? esp the hs musical comforter? thank you for the post!

Okay so this weekend my son decides to submerge his Mickey Mouse digital camera in the bath tub. Don't ask I have no idea what he was thinking but now I see it is on clearance but of course I have planned c-section this thursday and I'm about to pop I don't think I can make it there. Seems anytime I really need something it goes on clearance at the worst time. LOL!!!! Glad everyone is finding great deals!!!!!

sorry to hear that, I got an $8(orig.$80) pink digital polaroid was going to give my best friends daughter at the baby shower next weekend hope she doesn't have the same idea late november before baby is due :P

I was able to get 8 chairs. Delano Collection. Anna Chairs for $17.48 each. They were marked down from $69.99. They are antique black. DPCI 249-13-0095.

They were on the floor. But there were tickets that they are stored in the back room. They said once they hit clearance they put them all out on the floor. They were in plain brown boxes. No picture or anything on them. So I don't think anybody knew what they were which is why they still had them and why you may be able to find some but because I need to know what is inside, I had to open a box. The collection also had a writing desk, a book shelf and a pretty neat printer stand. I have an older style table that if you saw a picture you'd say....Hey I've seen that table EVERYWHERE. I got a new formal dining room set so I was planning on using my old dining room table and I wanted to update with new chairs. I was SO jazzed to find these.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51uCo2TNxpL._AA260_.jpg

I think the writing desk was $34.98 (???) The Narrow shelf was $44.98 (??) The printer stand was like $29.99 (??)

http://www.target.com/Delano-Office-Collection/dp/B0013FAOCK/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=0XYGX5P7CZPEJWW9P2T5&pf_rd_p=481695111&pf_rd_i=B001C1LD0C&class=productTitle&pf_rd_s=left-5&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&pf_rd_t=201

I think everything was about 75% off.

There was also a shelf (not 100% sure it was this one but similar) for $24.98 regularly $99.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/410R4TgCvxL._AA260_.jpg

Edited by debbieshops2003

Question for you guys, I bought 4 Tag Readers when they were on clearance for gifts. This weekend gave one to a friends daughter and my friend called today to tell me that the pen was missing out of the box. Went and looked at the other 3 and 2 more of the boxes were missing the pens. They looked sealed, but on closer inspection they had been retaped. How do I prove I didn't remove the pens? Is there anyway I will be able to take them back, I know they were only $2.50 each but still sucks.

Question for you guys, I bought 4 Tag Readers when they were on clearance for gifts. This weekend gave one to a friends daughter and my friend called today to tell me that the pen was missing out of the box. Went and looked at the other 3 and 2 more of the boxes were missing the pens. They looked sealed, but on closer inspection they had been retaped. How do I prove I didn't remove the pens? Is there anyway I will be able to take them back, I know they were only $2.50 each but still sucks.

Eek! Going to have to check mine. I'd just take them back and tell them what happened. You can't prove it, but just point out that even though they were only $12.50 (they already got the $10 for the mfg coupon, so they'll refund that to you), you can't use them because the main piece is missing.

I would ask if you can exchange the Tag readers...they will probably say no, but it stinks that you thought you were all set with the Tags for gifts and now you are not! It's always worth asking.

I think if you are honest and show them where it looks like they are taped back together, then they will not question you (assuming you have the receipts).

What a potentially embarrassing situation... even if it is a good friend. It made me nervous enough to go and check the few that I have to give as Christmas gifts. Mine are all good.

Just a tip if you want to check your box out to make sure the pen is in there.... The pen is packaged in a way so that if you carefully unstick the tape on the side of the box that lists all the computer requirements, and just open the box, you won't even have to remove the cardboard "innards" to see the pen. You can just peak inside. Everything is wrapped in the cardboard pretty tight, so if you do have to pull the whole thing out, it isn't a real big deal. It just went a little quicker for me when I discovered that all my boxes were packed the same way. The tape sticks back very securely and looks untouched. (I suppose that is how the loosers who rip them off in the first place get by with it!!)

Actually, once you are sure that one box has the pen, you can almost judge by the weight of the box in your hand as to whether the pen is in there or not. Of course I've also heard crazy stories on this forum of people finding rocks and such wrapped up in lego boxes, so I guess ya never know.

I have never ever opened something from a store to find that it's been replaced with something else. Not sure what I would do (besides be screaming mad)!!

My sister had bought the Madden 09 game on xbox that was sealed for her son and when they got home case was empty. They went back to Target and they let them get another one, and the lady said it wasn't the first time this has happened. They had the cashier open it then and there to make sure it wasn't empty again.

I posted about this happening to me a few months ago with a travel swing...I heard different things here about how people's previous situations were handled, and I called the manager at a DIFFERENT Target store, since the one I'd bought the swing at was out of town from where I live. I explained the situation, and the manager was very apologetic, and told me they are supposed to check the boxes when the items are returned (you could see that they used Elmer's glue to re-seal the box)...I was very lucky, because it had already been a couple of months since I'd bought the swing (and I explained to the manager why that was, since I was still pregnant, and hadn't needed it yet), and we had water damage in the area where the swing was, so I was taking it out of the box to wash the cover, when I discovered there was a cheap bouncer in there instead. He took my name, I took his, and told him when I would be making the return so that there were no issues...the guest services clerk was pretty surprised by what had happened, but I had a good experience with the issue, so I was happy...good luck!

That's horrible how people could just do things like that.

Yes it is horrible! I had something similiar happen to me with a food scale. I bought it on clearance and someone switched it for a cheaper version. Luckily for me I didn't have any problems returning the item for a refund. If you do return them back to the store and they give you a hard time. You can ask management to check the store electronic journals records to see if that item was returned prior to you purchasing it within 90 days. That will be proof enough that you didn't do it because someone purchased it before you and returned it back to the store in that condition.

Hope that helps!!

Thanks everyone, I am going to take them back today and see what happens. At this store they have this one women that works customer service all the time and she is horrible just to return anyting to. Everytime she is just nasty about having to do her job, I hate to think what she will be like when I try to return these. Oh well, I will just give a try and see what happens.

Had to run in quick for printer ink today, and while I was checking out, there were lots of informational brochures at the registers about the new RedCard discount that they are switching to (5% off all Target redcard purchases everyday instead of an accumulated points system and monthly 10% certificate).

Anyway, Kansas City IS a test area for this program. The cashier, who was also a trainer, told me Target is committed to the new rewards program through 2010 for this area. I don't know if that means that they won't roll it out anywhere else until the trial is done here, but I would assume as much.

Was doing a MAJOR set of returns today and ran into something new. They limited the total value of what I could return to $500. I had just over that, and they cashier suggested taking it to another store, but it was pretty annoying. Anyone else ever have that? It isn't like it is a regular issue, but if I can think of a couple of items in garden that could put you over that in a minute.

Had to run in quick for printer ink today, and while I was checking out, there were lots of informational brochures at the registers about the new RedCard discount that they are switching to (5% off all Target redcard purchases everyday instead of an accumulated points system and monthly 10% certificate).

Anyway, Kansas City IS a test area for this program. The cashier, who was also a trainer, told me Target is committed to the new rewards program through 2010 for this area. I don't know if that means that they won't roll it out anywhere else until the trial is done here, but I would assume as much.

Wish there was some way to use up all my points on the old system if they do!

got my little one a hello kitty camera and disney video camera today without her noticing!! she is 7 now so it is hard. she was engrossed in the ads running on the tv's behind her though and I told her that I had to ask the guy at the counter something. she was like 3 feet from me!!! i took her back home and scored one of the digital picture frames too!! i am trying for non toy gifts this year as much as possible. also picked up one of each of the pirates for my nephew! and to think I almost skipped target today!

I know this may not mean much to anyone, but if someone is really vacillating about whether to buy the digital cameras/videos, etc. that are so cheap... here is my two cents....

I have gotten those low pixel cameras before for my daughter(s), who was about 6-7 at the time. They are kind of a big PITA and here is why...

When you give cameras to kids that age, they want to take pictures of EVERYTHING... and I mean everything. In no time, they will come to you with a full card and wonder, "what next, mom?" Can we print the pictures now? So, I found myself saying, well I'm not sure that having 12 pictures of the fish tank; 8 pictures of your baby doll; 15 pictures of the cats, 3 pictures of the mailbox, etc... is worth a trip/cost to have them printed off. (Especially when you have a sorta low pixel camera and the prints don't turn out all that great.) So, I at least try to make them wait until there is a cheap sale on prints, but by then... nobody cares anymore. Kids want instant... "now, mom, now!!

So, maybe just have them put them up on the computer screen to view. That's great too. And if you can convince them that is enough... GREAT. My girls really wanted to HAVE the pictures in their hands to frame/put in their room/take to school, etc.. Maybe you can just print them on the printer, mom?? Sure, I can do that... again though kind of a wasted cost in ink considering what 6, 7, 8 year olds want to take pictures of. (And again on a pretty low pixel camera.)

Anyway, I am in no way trying to party poop on anyone's great gift idea. I'm just saying that I have found nice quality digital cameras 5 or 6 mp cameras for pretty cheap (at Target). They don't have Hannah or Diego on them. They are just normal digital cameras. But at least, I can feel a bit better about them using a good quality camera and when I do splurge for pictures of the sidewalk, at least they are good quality! LOL!! (Honestly though, my daughter is almost 9 and is really only now ready to have control of a camera after many conversations about how to take pictures and the costs involved, etc.)

I realize more than anyone (after 3 kiddos) that most toys are really just for some fleeting fun, and what really makes these cameras any different? I mean they ARE cheap enough and for that money, kids can just pretend or do whatever and you won't be out too much. I'm just saying that most of those low mega pixel, character looking cameras have ended up at the bottom of the toy box after so much pestering finally went unanswered. I mean THE KIDS can take the pictures, but ultimately, it will probably be a parent who has to see the picture through to whatever happens next... whether it is put up on the computer, put into a digital picture frame or made into a print.

Just my two cents. I'm sure that there are moms out there with kiddos who have taken award winning photos and unlike my girls, don't find it all that much fun to take pictures of potted plants, their sister's feet, or ME first thing in the morning!!

Again, this is really just my own opinion. After my experiences with these types of cameras, quite honestly... I would NOT like to see one given to my younger daughters (4 and 6) as a Christmas gift. It would really be more of a parental hassle than anything.

I found a 26" Sony Bravia L-Series LCD HDTV 720p-Small Screen HD on Clearance for $175 Regularly $4xx.xx. Does anyone have this TV? Is it decent, I thought it was a great price.

Do you have the numbers for this? I would go buy one RIGHT NOW if my store had one!

Thanks

Went to Target and found some great stuff at 75% off, for Christmas presents. I found a Trutech alarm clock for $1.74 reg. priced at $9.99, my DS the middle child who is 7 has asked me numerous times for an alarm clock. I figured this will be good for him. Need for speed for PSP $7.48 regularly priced at $29.99. Hancock for PSP $4.98 reg. price $19.99. Madden 09 PSP $4.98 reg. priced $29.99, the PSP games and movies will be for the my oldest son 17. A SS lamp bass $4.98 reg. priced $19.99, I needed this for my youngest boys room. 7" digital picture frame $21.24 reg. priced $84.99 I bought the last one. I also bought two 8" digital picture frames for $24.98 ea reg. priced $99.99. The digital picture frames will be gifts for my mother, and two sister in laws. Total spent $90.38, if purchased at full price the total would be $394.91 without taxes. Total saved $304.63.:D