Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Does anyone think that Razor scooters may get marked down before Christmas? I think that is what I'm getting for my son's "big" Christmas gift and I (obviously) want to get a great deal on one. But it seems like I probably missed out on getting one at a clearance price, huh?

Does anyone think that Razor scooters may get marked down before Christmas? I think that is what I'm getting for my son's "big" Christmas gift and I (obviously) want to get a great deal on one. But it seems like I probably missed out on getting one at a clearance price, huh?

They are considered sporting goods, and they've already clearanced that department, so yes for the clearance question. However, they always seem to have good deals on those around Christmas time each year, so I would expect to see some good deals for Black Friday if not before. 2 years ago Target included a $10 off coupon in the toy coupon book for them. So, I'd wait and see. Of course, if you are worried about them not having them left, you could always get one and hold the receipt. You have 90 days for the return, so at least you'd know you had it.

Some lucky lady in the checkout in front of me got an adorable lavender and white striped little girl's mini-recliner for $14.98! I got out of line and rushed back there to see if there were any more left and they had a pink microsuede one but it was for $79.99 :(

I picked up a pink and teal paisley ottoman for $4.98 and my girls were happy with that.

i also found 2 cookware sets! I had given up and was ready to leave, but decided to check the regular aisles again and there they were with a few random things middle of aisle not an endcap with a 30% off sign. Glanced to see the price and :cheesy: grabbed them both!! That is a great deal. Got a few other things, but got there late and only had 15 minutes and my baby was sacked out on my shoulder, still managed an overflowing cart, would have gotten more if i had time to really look.

They had the purple gingham kids rockers for 19.99, wish i had gotten it, but couldnt fit it in the cart....

Hooray!!! I too also scored the cookware set... I got the last one. Some lady was looking at it but I managed to take it because I knew it was a clearance item. I am still looking for more. I have friends that are in line waiting for me to find more:yup::yup:. If I do find more, we are going to do a raffle to see who gets the cookware... I did go to two other stores around my area and are set to go to one last one later this evening. Btw, I found a blue and white bench some had mentioned for $22...:eyepoppin:eyepoppin. It was only marked down to $44 on the box, but when I checked the DCPI number, it was only $22. I almost did the happy dance...:yup::yup::yup:

No cookware to be found for me, not a hugh deal I already have the same set but thought it would have been a great gift for my mom. She always goes on and on about how great they are when she is here.

Did find a KitchenAid 4.5-qt. Ultra Power Stand Mixer - White at 50% so $124.98, stood waiting for her to scan it so I could grab it as it was the last one. Hadn't even seen that one on sale anywhere else.

### 072.04.1560 KitchenAid 4.5-qt. Ultra Power Stand Mixer (orig. $249.99) $124.98 50% off

Link to website http://www.target.com/KitchenAid-4-5-qt-Ultra-Power-Stand/dp/B000UVHUDO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&searchView=grid5&pf_rd_r=0KBAT1K1K191XW08300D&node=1038576&pf_rd_s=center-3&field_browse=1038576&searchSize=30&pf_rd_t=301&field_availability=-2&id=KitchenAid%204%205-qt%20Ultra%20Power%20Stand&refinementHistory=subjectbin%2Ctarget_com_age%2Ctarget_com_gender-bin%2Ctarget_com_character-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchKeywords=072041560&pf_rd_p=489944911&searchNodeID=1038576&pf_rd_i=0&field_launch-date=-1y&searchRank=relevancerank&searchPage=1&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&field_keywords=072041560

Edited by sabbie

It's really helpful when people post the DPCI numbers. I have several Targets in my area (over 10 of them) and I usually call them to see which stores have the items I'm looking for in stock. I know their count isn't guaranteed for clearance items, but it gives me an idea of which stores to go to and which ones might be a waste of my time. If you can, please post the DPCI numbers with your deals. :)

### 056.05.0507 Disney pix frame (hannah montana and fairies faceplates) - (orig. $74.99) $18.74

### 056.05.0308 Diego rugged digital camera (orig. $49.99) - $12.48

### 056.05.0612 Mickey Mouse Clubhouse digital camera (orig. $59.99) - $14.98

### 056.05.0505 Pink Disney Pix Click digital camera (orig. $49.99) - $12.48

### 056.05.0609 Hello Kitty digital camera (orig. $49.99) - $12.48

### 204.12.0907 Play Wonder Kitchen Accessories Set (orig. $14.99) - $5.23 (65% off)

### 097.04.0314 Circo Medium Blue Wooden Bin - $6.24 (75% off)

### 097.04.0388 Circo Blue "car" shelf - $4.98 (75% off)

Has anyone heard about Target recalling merchandise and won't sell it to you? I found clearance utensils and was at the checkout. When the lady scanned it, it beeped and the monitor says 'recall' and it won't let her go any further without a manager approval. The manager came and picked it up and said she wasn't allowed to sell it to me.. Can they do that? Well anyways, luckily, I asked the register lady if she could sell me another set (which is also clearance, but not the same price as the other one), she was kind enough to say 'sure' go get it. I've never had that happened to me. I just thought that was kinda strange to have a recalled items they don't know about...

Has anyone heard about Target recalling merchandise and won't sell it to you? I found clearance utensils and was at the checkout. When the lady scanned it, it beeped and the monitor says 'recall' and it won't let her go any further without a manager approval. The manager came and picked it up and said she wasn't allowed to sell it to me.. Can they do that? Well anyways, luckily, I asked the register lady if she could sell me another set (which is also clearance, but not the same price as the other one), she was kind enough to say 'sure' go get it. I've never had that happened to me. I just thought that was kinda strange to have a recalled items they don't know about...

Yes. This has happened before. Remember when all those toys got recalled? It happened a lot then. It has also happened to me with some of the Smith Hawken stuff in the past. Usually it is because they have found something wrong with it, and the manufacturer wants it back. Sometimes it is lead levels, sometimes something else.

Got some framed artwork 75% off, also was able to "rebuy" some lamps/lampshades I bought at 30% off ;)

Quite a bit of cute stuff for kids! The previously mentioned paisley storage ottoman is cute and is only $4.98, in pink/white and black/teal. Also saw some kids' nightstands for $14.98 in light green and red, and a floor lamp with a pink shade and white shelves built into the base for about the same price. Sorry, no DCPI's.

Target is really good about this. It probably has to do with them no wanting to be liable if they sold something after a recall was already issued. For the most part, Target stores will give you a discount on something similar if you ask. I think that is why people keep coming back. They know in the long run giving some one who shops there a lot the occasional few dollars discount is going to pay off in terms of overall sales in the long run.

They have to do that, they can't sell anything that's been recalled, they can get fined if they do. They probably pulled them off the shelves and then someone else found one somewhere else in the store and put it with other clearanced stuff in that department not realizing it was recalled. They have to put it in the system as recalled because they can't sell it anymore.

Yes they will not sell it to you once it is recalled. They can also be sued if you or your family is hurt or injured from the recalled product. Also management is suppose to remove all recalled items before we are able to purchase them. I guest they missed that one!:no:

GRRRR....I just got back from another frustrating trip to my local target. The cashier was just manually putting in the "not on file" items at whatever the last tagged price was, even after I advised her that was not correct. Some woman came around with a gun and just said yeah they're that price without scanning anything.

They only had 2 jonas brothers cameras and 2 diego ones but both were scanning 24.98 I think? I think the best buy may have been the tea tumbler thing though I'm not sure who for.It made by aladdin,looked like a clear water thermos but has a filter at top and says its for use with loose tea leaves, tea bags or ground coffee? I had picked up a funtainer that was probably on clearance too(not on file and had the hanging tab) but it was smaller than I'm used to and I wasn't sure about the straw idea.They had a caphalon 4.5 quart straining lid pot I wanted to get but was only 50% off and my mother talked me out of it saying the coating comes off. They also had IMUSA coffee makers stove top percolator kinds 4.88 6 cup aluminum of 13.88? 6 cup stainless steel and a few pans.

finds:

056050600 caribiner clip camera in pic 4.98

059110173 brain games-preschool learning cards 1.98

080031623 dvd-rw dual layer double side 18.74

066060253 rubber mat 2.48

200000006 tea tumbler 3.74

2000700005 stainless steel flatware set 6.24

253010003 gallon glad freezer bags 1.95

084093370 red lantern-possibly xmas last year? 7.48

054251334 wooden photo box-baby 4.98

083051969, 083051984, 099090999 dog tshirts/polo 1.98

GRRRR....I just got back from another frustrating trip to my local target. The cashier was just manually putting in the "not on file" items at whatever the last tagged price was, even after I advised her that was not correct. Some woman came around with a gun and just said yeah they're that price without scanning anything.

It actually is their official policy to enter the last price they have in the computer if they can find it. If it has a red tag on it and it rings up NOF, they are supposed to enter what is on the tag. It stinks, but that really is the official policy. I've gone round and round with a manager or two and phone customer service on the issue. Some have suggested removing the red sticker, but it is illegal and tantamount to shoplifting in most states, so not recommended. I forget what they call it, but basically something to the effect of trying to hide the actual price - yes despite the fact that it might have gone cheaper...

Oh, good call on the funtainer, IMHO. We went through about 4 of them before giving up because they all leaked. I bought one and returned it 3 times thinking there was a bad batch. I finally decided they just leaked. Made a huge mess in DS' lunch box.

Didn't know there was a policy related and neither cashier or other lady explained as such. It just seemed lazy,ratty since months ago one of the cashiers typed in something and rescanned item and computer came up with last price in system. He refused to sell me something that came up .01 but at least he looked it up :) One of the dog shirts i bought had no sticker and they just put as 1.98 with the other two nof that had the sticker for the same. Not sure if they'll fit or if I'll have problems returning them if they don't. Local target always had great steals but for the last 6 months or so have been pretty bad for good clearance and even worse with customer service. I don't expect my way, but some explanation or even acknowledgement of the fact I just asked about a price that didn't ring up rather than just typing in a price would be nice :)

Run! Don't Walk! To your local Target - if you have a Camp Rock or High School Musical fanatic! They had Comforters for $7.44 and sheet sets were $6, both full & twin. Wishing I hadn't already got Jess's, as I had to pass on this deal

Didn't know there was a policy related and neither cashier or other lady explained as such. It just seemed lazy,ratty since months ago one of the cashiers typed in something and rescanned item and computer came up with last price in system. He refused to sell me something that came up .01 but at least he looked it up :) One of the dog shirts i bought had no sticker and they just put as 1.98 with the other two nof that had the sticker for the same. Not sure if they'll fit or if I'll have problems returning them if they don't. Local target always had great steals but for the last 6 months or so have been pretty bad for good clearance and even worse with customer service. I don't expect my way, but some explanation or even acknowledgement of the fact I just asked about a price that didn't ring up rather than just typing in a price would be nice :)

Oh, I agree. And that is why I have gone round and round with them. It makes me crazy that they don't simply train their employees and have it applied across the board. Of course, my own preference is to get it as cheap as possible, so if it just was on clearance, I'll push them to look it up, since I know what the price should be. But if it has been very long, sometimes they put the price back to full in the system, and it works against you. So, more often than not, I try my best to pick a cashier I think will just ask me the price. I sympathize with what happened. It is the inconsistency more than anything else that makes me crazy.

I believe some times the stuff that rings up a penny was probably marked as 'do not inventory' at one point so that is why it comes up that price. As for the red tags ringing up the regular price, the cashier should have explained the policy but at least they asked someone else on. It sounds like that person was in a rush to do something else, rather than help you find out if the item was indeed selling at a cheaper price. Overall I'd say Target has way better customer service than walmart and other stores but in this case they didn't deliver.