Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I got all green. You could buy a pink one from TRU & switch them out & return the green one :eek: Or buy one of the new pink ones from Target & switch out the pens & return the pink box with a green pen in.

Since the "new" pens are different from the clearanced ones, that really isn't advisable. How would you feel to purchase a pink Tag for regular price to open it and find an old version green pen inside?

I agree with Richmond....replacing it with another color isn't fair to the next person who is buying, they will probably buy based on the color (preference for some little one)of the pen since the sets are identical except for the colors. There is nothing more upsetting then buying something to get it home and pieces are missing or been replaced by some other shopper.

I was allowed to use the $10 off TAG coupons this morning on the TAG books (marked down to $9.99 this week) making them FREE!! :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin

The cashier said "it says Tag Reading System on the books so it's fine".

did the coupon scan through or they put it in manual?

that sounds like an interesting idea for additional books

not sure what coupon says explicitly though, sounds like it may be a shady area for interpretation.

I'm still kind of avoiding Target from my last visit, all this marking stuff back up is ticking me off. I suppose the 1 TB hard drives they have for 99.99 will only go up rather than be clearanced to a REALLY worth while (BF-like) price.

In reference to the switching out of Tags, that is theft as would be replacing with a different item. Wether the CS rep notices and action is taken would be a risk that individual takes. Separate to that, its not fair and I don't think any of us would want to be the one stuck w/ the wrong thing.

One of the tags I got was open and I didn't really check it beyond making sure a pen was in there, wil have to check when I get home. I'll be delighted if I got the new pen in old box but that store didn't have any new ones in stock so doubt it.

Edited by tinkrbel
adding

did the coupon scan through or they put it in manual?

that sounds like an interesting idea for additional books

not sure what coupon says explicitly though, sounds like it may be a shady area for interpretation.

I'm still kind of avoiding Target from my last visit, all this marking stuff back up is ticking me off. I suppose the 1 TB hard drives they have for 99.99 will only go up rather than be clearanced to a REALLY worth while (BF-like) price.

It scanned. It was not a big deal at all.

FINALLY got some school supplies 75% off. They were actually just marking in the regular stationery section, but I slipped a few items in that I wanted, and they got marked down. I was glad because when I asked, the girl said maybe Wednesday. So now I have trunk full of stuff to tote over to my kid's teachers and the office.

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but here is a whole bunch of target coupons. One of the coupons is for $5 any cranium game.

http://www.afullcup.com/target-coupon-generator/2/pp/25

Our target has Three Cranium games for 9.99, making them 4.99 each after coupon. But some targets have them for 7.99 making them 2.99 after coupon.

The games are for preschoolers and are

Cranium Puppy Pals Bingo,

Polar Bear A-B-C,

Duck Duck 1-2-3.

We bought them yesterday and played them, and they are very nice, high quality.

Hope this helps someone!

Went to Target today and was able to buy alot of baby/toddler clothes 75% off! :D

The cashier told me that if you bring in your cloth recycle bags to use at the cash register you get 5 cents off your purchase for each bag they fill up...every time you go. So, you fill up 6 bags that is 30 cents off and it's every time you go. Small savings, but when you go as much as I do that will start to really ad up. ;)

Does anyone have a coupon or know where I can find one for the leapster? Target has them on sale and would like to buy one for my DS for Christmas.

:mad: Add me to the list of fed up shoppers. I was there on Sunday to buy the Wii fit and I checked on the rechargable batteries since I've been using them like crazy. DS scanned them and said they were $6.xx but I put them back because I wasn't sure they were the right kind. I went back today and they are up to $11.99.

Ridiculous.

:mad: Add me to the list of fed up shoppers. I was there on Sunday to buy the Wii fit and I checked on the rechargable batteries since I've been using them like crazy. DS scanned them and said they were $6.xx but I put them back because I wasn't sure they were the right kind. I went back today and they are up to $11.99.

Ridiculous.

Yep, that's why now if I am in doubt I will buy something and then return it if it isn't quite right. I'm becoming a chronic returner :( so I hope their next step isn't to start some stupid return limit :no:. I guess Target is just adapting to the "new economy" so we will just have to adapt too!

Went to Target today and was able to buy alot of baby/toddler clothes 75% off! :D

The cashier told me that if you bring in your cloth recycle bags to use at the cash register you get 5 cents off your purchase for each bag they fill up...every time you go. So, you fill up 6 bags that is 30 cents off and it's every time you go. Small savings, but when you go as much as I do that will start to really ad up. ;)

Does anyone have a coupon or know where I can find one for the leapster? Target has them on sale and would like to buy one for my DS for Christmas.

Ten dollars off:

http://www.leapfrog.com/en/landingpa...WalmartL215ACT

Either that is local or a new policy because I don't get that when I bring in mine!

I was allowed to use the $10 off TAG coupons this morning on the TAG books (marked down to $9.99 this week) making them FREE!! :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin

The cashier said "it says Tag Reading System on the books so it's fine".

Not to be a party pooper, but that coupon pretty clearly says that it's for the "Tag Reader SYSTEM" not for the books. I love a great deal like anyone, but when people use coupons for like that (for the wrong item), it eventually ruins it for all of us because Target will get sick of losing $$ and will stop taking internet printables over a certain $$ amount. (This happened at my grocery store...they only take internet printables up to $1 now because of so much fraud).

:o

Either that is local or a new policy because I don't get that when I bring in mine!

I know she told me it is a new policy and she was telling the lady about the new policy that was behind me who had brought her bags. I go to this cashier all the time and she knows how much I LOVE to save money. I would ask the next time you go in.

Not to be a party pooper, but that coupon pretty clearly says that it's for the "Tag Reader SYSTEM" not for the books. I love a great deal like anyone, but when people use coupons for like that (for the wrong item), it eventually ruins it for all of us because Target will get sick of losing $$ and will stop taking internet printables over a certain $$ amount. (This happened at my grocery store...they only take internet printables up to $1 now because of so much fraud).

:o

The books clearly state "Tag Reading System" on them. I did not cheat anyone and do not appreciate your implication. How is that different than getting $50 Tags for $2.48? It's not.

The books clearly state "Tag Reading System" on them. I did not cheat anyone and do not appreciate your implication. How is that different than getting $50 Tags for $2.48? It's not.

And just to reiterate...the coupons scanned. Nobody had to override them.

Well, I think that since LeapFrog has two coupons, one for "The Tag Reading System" and one for "Any Tag Book" it is clear that the one that has a photo of the Tag Reading System on it and says "The Tag Reading System" is for the system, not the books. Just because a coupon scans does not mean that it is meant for that product. And just because it scans does not mean that LeapFrog will reimburse Target for the coupon, which means that Target loses money on the deal. When we got Tag Systems for $2.48, it was because Target put them on sale and we used the coupon...LeapFrog will reimburse Target for that coupon because it was used on the product specified on the coupon, even if that product was on clearance.

And just because the books say "Tag Reading System" on them doesn't mean that the coupon is intended for that product. I'm sure that Wii games say "Wii" on them, but that doesn't mean that a $50 coupon for a Wii system should also work for a Wii game.

I am not trying to say that you purposefully cheated anyone. I am just saying that if you look closely at the situation, I don't believe that using that coupon for a product other than the Tag Reading System is ethical. I'm not trying to get into an argument at all. And I honestly am not accusing you of anything. We all make decisions about how we want to use coupons based on the info we have at the time and what we think is right. But I do think that if there are a lot of people using these coupons for the wrong products that they will take the coupons away or Target will stop accepting them. It has happened before.

Well, I think that since LeapFrog has two coupons, one for "The Tag Reading System" and one for "Any Tag Book" it is clear that the one that has a photo of the Tag Reading System on it and says "The Tag Reading System" is for the system, not the books. Just because a coupon scans does not mean that it is meant for that product. And just because it scans does not mean that LeapFrog will reimburse Target for the coupon, which means that Target loses money on the deal. When we got Tag Systems for $2.48, it was because Target put them on sale and we used the coupon...LeapFrog will reimburse Target for that coupon because it was used on the product specified on the coupon, even if that product was on clearance.

And just because the books say "Tag Reading System" on them doesn't mean that the coupon is intended for that product. I'm sure that Wii games say "Wii" on them, but that doesn't mean that a $50 coupon for a Wii system should also work for a Wii game.

I am not trying to say that you purposefully cheated anyone. I am just saying that if you look closely at the situation, I don't believe that using that coupon for a product other than the Tag Reading System is ethical. I'm not trying to get into an argument at all. And I honestly am not accusing you of anything. We all make decisions about how we want to use coupons based on the info we have at the time and what we think is right. But I do think that if there are a lot of people using these coupons for the wrong products that they will take the coupons away or Target will stop accepting them. It has happened before.

You are so correct and sooner or later ppl might get the fact that when you clearly cheat the system it hurts everyone!

You are so correct and sooner or later ppl might get the fact that when you clearly cheat the system it hurts everyone!

Oh my goodness! I thought attacks were not allowed in these forums? I did not intentionally cheat anyone but you people are making me feel so guilty I will take them back in the morning.

Folks,

I enjoy a healthy debate and by no means am I trying to attack anyone at all.

My first instinct would be that the ethical thing to do would be to only use the coupon for the product which it was intended.

But upon further thought, I was just wondering if the people who thought that using the $10 coupon on the book also did NOT buy any MM. After all, we all know that they were not intended to sell for .69 for the whole pack, it just happened to scan that way due to a mistake on Target's part. Wasn't buying these fraud too? Wasn't the ethical thing to do is to report this to the manager or pay .69 for each juice. Didn't we all just take advantage of this Target scanning mistake? When Target figured out they were losing money, they fixed the problem.

Is this really any different? When Target figures out what is wrong, they will fix the problem.

I guess what I am wondering is that if the something scans, then how much responsibility is on the consumer to make ethical choices during these deals? If the system is programmed a certain way, then is it cheating the system or jumping through a loophole?

Oh my goodness! I thought attacks were not allowed in these forums? I did not intentionally cheat anyone but you people are making me feel so guilty I will take them back in the morning.

When you take them back, they most likely will refund you the full price of the books. Unless those were the only things that you bought and/or customer service looks closely at your receipt. They most likely won't deduct the coupon. You'll be out the Tag books and Target will redeem the $10 coupon to LeapFrog, so you are the only one who will loose... although you will actually MAKE money on the return unless you point out to CS that you used a coupon on the merchandise.

I wouldn't worry so much about it. There are lots of different opinions on this forum about how people shop Target, use coupons, etc.... some believe that hiding merchandise is like shoplifting. Others don't like using coupons AT ALL. Some believe that if the coupons go through okay without being questioned, than it's alright. Others think that if the coupon generates an overage, you are a thief and should go to jail. (some even believe that it's okay to switch merchandise and return it to the store... yikes to that!)

So, lesson learned I guess is that maybe next time, you just shop the way you shop and as cool a deal as it is, it might be one that ya just have to keep to yourself.

The MM juice is certainly not FRAUD. LOL These were on the floor for that price. I'm pretty sure in most states the law would actually force Target to sell them for .69. It is Target's responsibility to price their items correctly.

However, the coupon was clearly for a different product. If the customer was ignorant, it wasn't fraud. If the customer was aware and trying to pull one over on a dumb Target employee, then yes that would be fraud.

These are 2 completely different things.

Folks,

I enjoy a healthy debate and by no means am I trying to attack anyone at all.

My first instinct would be that the ethical thing to do would be to only use the coupon for the product which it was intended.

But upon further thought, I was just wondering if the people who thought that using the $10 coupon on the book also did NOT buy any MM. After all, we all know that they were not intended to sell for .69 for the whole pack, it just happened to scan that way due to a mistake on Target's part. Wasn't buying these fraud too? Wasn't the ethical thing to do is to report this to the manager or pay .69 for each juice. Didn't we all just take advantage of this Target scanning mistake? When Target figured out they were losing money, they fixed the problem.

Is this really any different? When Target figures out what is wrong, they will fix the problem.

I guess what I am wondering is that if the something scans, then how much responsibility is on the consumer to make ethical choices during these deals? If the system is programmed a certain way, then is it cheating the system or jumping through a loophole?