Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I don't think it is happening today. I just came back from one and they were checking things and a couple of things had gone down to 50%, but it wasn't much. I also went to one yesterday that usually does the markdown on Wednesday and it didn't go down to 75% but some things had been marked to 50% and they had moving stuff around.

I don't think it is happening today. I just came back from one and they were checking things and a couple of things had gone down to 50%, but it wasn't much. I also went to one yesterday that usually does the markdown on Wednesday and it didn't go down to 75% but some things had been marked to 50% and they had moving stuff around.

I went last night too. People are buying them out at 50%. Alot of items are gone. Looks like it will be slim pickings at 75%.:( I didn't see the big ticket items like the winter clearance either. Glad I got in on the Kmart toy clearance. I'm stocked and really don't need any more!:yup:

Ok, just got back from 2 Targets. The toys didnt go!!! :mad:

There were alot of seasonal outdoor toys that hadnt even been marked at 30% when I was there yesterday (Play Wonder range, slip n slides, backyard habitats, kites, sand toys etc etc) & they were making those at 30% today. They put board games from 30% to 50%. Legos were still at 15% but my guess is that they will go to 30% aswell. I now think that these prices will stick for the next week & that they will all go to 75% off next Wednesday or Thursday.

Picnic was now at 50% which went quick,it only went to 30% on Monday, I am thinking that they want that gone by the weekend.

Infant baby stuff was still at 15%, shoes hadnt changed they were mainly 50% with a few at 30%. Kids clothes were still at 30% with a few items at 50% but nothing I was interested in. Everything in home decor (pillows/cushions & some lamps & decrotive items) was still at 50%.

Which Didj titles are being clearanced at your stores? I found Nancy Drew and Super Chicks at 50% tonight and am wondering if there are any others I should be on the lookout for?

The only Didj games at my store that are 50% off are Super Chicks & Fosters Immaginary Friends. Tiki racing & Neopets went 75% off about 6 weeks ago.

I just got back from my target as well.They were marking things down in the toy section but it looked like the stuff that was at 30% was now at 50%, but they had not got to the lego section yet.The terminater toys were 3.48 which is 75% off.The picnic items were 50% off too.

I went to Target last night and there were a few toys at 75% that were still in the isles at thier "normal spots". I asked a girl working in toys when the rest would be hitting 75 and she said Sunday???? I don't know, I don't think I've ever seen that before so I'm not sure how much I trust it :)

I went to Target last night and there were a few toys at 75% that were still in the isles at thier "normal spots". I asked a girl working in toys when the rest would be hitting 75 and she said Sunday???? I don't know, I don't think I've ever seen that before so I'm not sure how much I trust it :)

I wonder if the girl is getting confused with when the weekly specials change on a Sunday. I would be very suprised to see then go on Sunday & I wanted to have the weekend off & have a lie in, LOL :gdlicklips:

75% off:

### 204070179 Playmobil Take along Castle $7.48 Orginal 29.99

### 086000222 NCF Spin Doodle? Spin top? (I dont have the box for the full name sorry)

Some other odds and ends were 75% but nothing that interested me...

50% Off

Tons of things...

Board Games

Barbies

Mini dogs? (not sure what they are called)

Doll Scooter

Doll Mirrior/Stool

Aquadoodles

Moon Sand

Playdoh

etc.

30% Off

Thomas the train

Geotrax

Imaginext

Legos

Summer Toys (not all of them)

Nothing off

The rest of the summer toys!

Although - I was told by 2 associates they are marking down Sunday!! (which is weird that another one of you posted the same thing? looks like Sunday I will have to swing by to check it out!)

###086021000 Camp Rock Music Making Headset thingy-ma-bob $4.98 (75%)

###086022333 Camp Rock Singing Mitchie & Shane Dolls $8.74 (75%)

###Various other Camp Rock Dolls & Some High School Musical Dolls 75% off

While I was on one of the aisles the pricing team leader was there talking to another employee and asked if she would be there next week. The girl said she didn't know and asked why and the lady said because next week is big and she needs her. A little later I asked if they were going to 75% next week and she said that she didn't know, but if she did she couldn't share that information. Then she said that I probably knew more about it than her anyway. LOL. However, I'm guessing that from what she said to the other employee that it is definitely next week.

Anyone have any other predictions? 75%?

Next week?

or the week after next?:tongue1:

Either way it's still before my son's birthday! So either is good for me! and I'm laid off, so i can get there at opening both weeks! (bad part is not as much money to spend)

Although - I have competition! 2 other ladies are at Target every morning waiting for the 75! Thats all they talk about! and one of their husbands is a manager.... grr:yuck: but she was upset that I took the last playmobil castle!:yup:

Went today. Got a Leapster for 50% off ($24.98)! There were a bunch on the shelf, so I will keep checking and hopefully get one at 75% off and take this one back. Also found about 10 "Baby Alive" dolls in a little carrier for $6.xx...regularly $24.99, I think. Got one of those, too! Saw more 50% off at this store than my usual store, but the only 75+ item I saw was the Baby Alive.

Picnic was 50% off, too...I can't believe they went from 30% to 50% in less than a week! It was VERY sparse already at this store. When are we thinking this stuff will be 75%?

Went today. Got a Leapster for 50% off ($24.98)! There were a bunch on the shelf, so I will keep checking and hopefully get one at 75% off and take this one back. QUOTE]

what kind of leapster was it?? I am looking for one for my dd and am going tommorow to target to exchange some shoes i bought!!

What I was told about Sunday markdowns is that the pricing team doesn't work on Sundays, so the only thing that SHOULD get marked down on a Sunday is seasonal or dollar spot things where they mark the whole section at once. Other items must be scanned with a gun at least twice, and then on the third markdown they do not have to be scanned. I do not work for Target, but this is what I was told by an employee of the pricing team.

Went today. Got a Leapster for 50% off ($24.98)! There were a bunch on the shelf, so I will keep checking and hopefully get one at 75% off and take this one back. QUOTE]

what kind of leapster was it?? I am looking for one for my dd and am going tommorow to target to exchange some shoes i bought!!

It was just the standard Green Leapster (not the Leapster 2 or Didj). Though that store did have the Didj on sale, too (50% off I think).

Went to 2 targets this am in the Sacramento area and there wasn't much for sale in the toy aisles...a few 30% off stuff and maybe a handful of stuff at 50% off. I accidentaly hit the sale last year and there was so much to choose from at 75% off. Unless they pull more from the back or mark other items that aren't already marked down, I don't anticipate having a huge selection to choose from at 75% off.

Got kinda scared this morning as I went into my second target at 9am, they were re-setting the toys department, there was stuff everywhere. There was no change in prices. They had all of the boys clearence toys in carts in the center of the aisles. I had a good snoop through & had the very unobliging sales associate check the prices on a couple of items on her bleepy zapper thingy & they were still 50% off. Legos were still at 15%.

Infant car seats & pak n plays were now at 30%.

Picnic still 50% but they had cramed it onto one side of an aisle so they had sold alot yesterday when it first went 50% off as there was TONS there yesterday,

There were some boys jeans, shirts & tshirts for 75% off so I got a few for my oldest son.

Electronic games for the WII, PS3 were all at 30%.

###086021000 Camp Rock Music Making Headset thingy-ma-bob $4.98 (75%)

###086022333 Camp Rock Singing Mitchie & Shane Dolls $8.74 (75%)

###Various other Camp Rock Dolls & Some High School Musical Dolls 75% off

While I was on one of the aisles the pricing team leader was there talking to another employee and asked if she would be there next week. The girl said she didn't know and asked why and the lady said because next week is big and she needs her. A little later I asked if they were going to 75% next week and she said that she didn't know, but if she did she couldn't share that information. Then she said that I probably knew more about it than her anyway. LOL. However, I'm guessing that from what she said to the other employee that it is definitely next week.

All the Camp Rock stuff at my Target is only 50 percent off. My kids love Camp Rock, so I hope I can get a bigger discount soon.