Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

So what do you think will happen this week? do we think everything will go next wed/thursday? I'm exciteddddddddd:D

Personally, I think a few more toys will go down this week, but that next week will be the big markdown of most everything. I sure hope so! I will be tied up all day Thursday, and won't get anything if it goes then. Historically it has been the last week of July or first week of August, so I think I am safe.

Oh, and several stores still don't have the Legos marked at all, so that is one reason I think this is the case.

Just got back from the 2 stores near me, nothing had changed in the toy department as far as pricing but they did have 4 endcaps yesterday & those toys that were on them had been reintergrated into the regular toy aisles. They dont seem to be making a couple of clearence aisles like they did after Christmas, eberything is still scattered throughout the regular priced toys. I just a few strange looks from the members of the toy team for doing the exact same thing as I have done for the last week, LOL :rolleyes: . There was some home wear cushions/ scatter pillows that were 30% yesterday that were now 50%. The Smith & Hawkins range that is usually by the art & craft & staionary supplies that has seasonal artificial plants, door mats & door wreaths is now at 50% but its still to much for me to justify spending even though I really like the stuff. I also noticed that they are resetting car seats in the baby section. I picked up a Britax Marathon car seat for 30% off which I dont usually buy but they are $300.00 in BRU so it was a good deal. Seasonal picnic & tablewear was still 30% & they were setting up BTC (BACK TO COLLAGE) which is what alot of the staff seemed to be focusing on.

Shall be back tomorrow to check on those toys ;):cheesy:

Just got back from the 2 stores near me, nothing had changed in the toy department as far as pricing but they did have 4 endcaps yesterday & those toys that were on them had been reintergrated into the regular toy aisles. They dont seem to be making a couple of clearence aisles like they did after Christmas, eberything is still scattered throughout the regular priced toys. I just a few strange looks from the members of the toy team for doing the exact same thing as I have done for the last week, LOL :rolleyes: . There was some home wear cushions/ scatter pillows that were 30% yesterday that were now 50%. The Smith & Hawkins range that is usually by the art & craft & staionary supplies that has seasonal artificial plants, door mats & door wreaths is now at 50% but its still to much for me to justify spending even though I really like the stuff. I also noticed that they are resetting car seats in the baby section. I picked up a Britax Marathon car seat for 30% off which I dont usually buy but they are $300.00 in BRU so it was a good deal. Seasonal picnic & tablewear was still 30% & they were setting up BTC (BACK TO COLLAGE) which is what alot of the staff seemed to be focusing on.

Shall be back tomorrow to check on those toys ;):cheesy:

Some of our stores are consolidating the toy clearance. Others haven't yet. They usually do somewhat if only because they have to start re-setting the department right as they go 75%, so that is another reason for me to think it is still not going to happen this week.

I just hope it happens before the 11th! My sons 3rd birthday is then and last year I got all his gifts from it - and it was so cheap but he was soooo thrilled. Hoping to hit it just right this year too!:D

I think it will go next week... or I can only hope!!:yup:

OFF TOPIC - Does anyone remember when the kitchen stuff went 75%? I bought alot of christmas gifts then and I don't want to miss it this year!;)

I can't believe how much slower the mark downs are taking now.. I have been waiting for a pair of boots to get marked down for 8 weeks straight..urgh..

I miss the old Target markdown schedule:mad:

With a very few exceptions, I haven't really seen much of a change. They have been a bit slower on some high value items, but mostly have been fairly regular and predictable still. Toys are always like this for the big clearances. If you go back through past threads, you'll see the same complaints every time about how it is dragging, etc.

The boots, on the other hand, may just be getting overlooked, or have somehow gotten in some weird state in their computer system. That can happen. Do you have them stashed? Or have they been sitting out? If they are stashed, sometimes they don't get marked down.

Does anyone know when the Baby Gear (i.e. playyards, strollers, swings) are scheduled? I noticed the displays have been changed, but the prices on the old stuff on the shelves is the same.

Both my Targets have clearenced out the car seats & I have noticed a few other things like the Baby Bijorn at 30% aswell, I will have a look today when I go & see if anything has changed. My stores have no car seats left, they are re-setting but havent had the new stuff in yet... it looks so bare there!! Heading off in a few mins to check on the toys...will report later :D

We had some toys go from 30% to 50%, but thats it! Maybe tomorrow we will see some GOOD activity?;)

I'm trying to get the Playmobil Castle! It's already 50% I am hoping to get there bright and early for the 75% whether it be this week or next!

Also thomas the train items (which are currently 30% here)

Geotrax

Imaginext

Legos

and some odds and ends (for birthday party gifts for my son's friends)

Don't kids shoes get clearanced out about the same time as the toys do? We have plenty of toys stashed, so I am really looking stock up on shoes this time.

I think I wrote last week that shoes are 50-75% off. I scored big time for my DD I found a pair of disney princess sandals,brown and pink princess loafers with a strap, a pair of pink princess shoes (like Mary Janes) with a big flower on the strap as well as a pair of sneakers from their genuine kids line all between 3.74-4.24 as well as two pairs of shoes for my DS one pair of athletic shoes and one pair of boat shoes for 4.98 each.

I think the toys will go next week- don't know how much will be left - a lot is selling at 30 and 50%.

There really is alot going at 30-50%, one of the store near me is almost depleated in the toy department before even going 75%, I am really worried that I am not going to get all that I want. I have had a nightmare about it & DH thought I was even more of a basketcase than usual, LOL.

I did also go back again this afternoon after coming out of the movies just to see if they were moving anything around or making an aisle for clearence but no change at all since I was last there at 8am this morning.

I noticed a lot more toys had been clearanced including SUMMER TOYS. I know several people have asked about summer toys. Our store had an entire aisle marked 30% off.

Picked up a couple of coolers for 50% off. I would have liked to get them at 75% off, but my DH and I need them on Sunday so I really couldn't wait it out.

And I FINALLY got my Tiger Woods Wii game for $12.48. I hve stalked that thing for 7-8 weeks.

Which Didj titles are being clearanced at your stores? I found Nancy Drew and Super Chicks at 50% tonight and am wondering if there are any others I should be on the lookout for?

I did find some shoes on clearance tonight 30-75% off. Sadly, all of the girl's gym shoes were gone from my store:(. I did manage to find some sandals and dressier shoes for my DD for $3.xx and $4.xx.

Blahhh, I wish I could go for opening today at 8! It's after 7:30 and i have an appointment for 8:45 here (and the target is 30-40 minutes away) so I won't get there until 9:30 or afterrrr. I hope it's next Thursdayyy! Good luck finding deals today everyone!

A friend of mine lives next to a stocker at target. She told us toys are going down today to 50-75 % off in Fayetteville AR. I also found a grape 10pack MM last week and it was the 69 cents price still. I will report back after I go to target at opening time.