Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

KOOPAWNKODE wrote: Now onto the good news. Not only did I find MM and was able to purchase it, but I found 9 MM of various flavors and the cashier didn't think twice to scan and let me purchase it!!!

I was SOOOOO excited, I ran past my wife to get a cart (instead of the basket we had) and told my son not to move from the spot to keep an eye on the MM. LOL..she looked at me like I was a nut and asked why I was buying so many juices. I said "I'll tell you later.." cuz there was an employee at the next aisle.

CONGRATS!!!! I think the employees in my area must be the WISEST in the land because I have never found any, in any of the 3 Target's around me. Of course there could be Smart Gottadealers out there snatching them up before me, but EVERY time, at Each store, I don't think so. I believe my Targets have realized this along time ago--but I still check.

I also camoflauge items between items when I find them extremely cheap, because I don't want them questioned. I find that having my son with me who is usually asking the cashier a bunch of questions, is a great distraction as well. ;)

Still love seeing you other people find them. And if I ever find any, I think I use size 5 on the board here in bright green to announce my find LOL :D

2 DAYS IN A ROW!!

I went to buy the grill on sale (love it btw!) and decided to check for more MM and found 3 more!!

(following AllShoppedOut's example ;) )

:gddjmusic::gd_purple:greenappl:gd_pineap:gd_orange:gd_not_ri:banana:

Yes, that is it ! that's the right GREEN :D

Oh Isn't Life Grand when the little things just fall into place? Enjoy your Sunday & put a steak on the grill for me. ;)

I wasn't as lucky today. I haven't found any of the MM since the recent "memo," but I did find four of the Market Pantry (MP) juice packs that ring up .59.

The cashier for some reason stopped and looked at the price when he rang the first one up -- almost like he knew to check. He walked over to another cashier, they whispered back and forth, then he returned and said, "You know these are .59 EACH, right?" He went on to explain how they're supposed to be sold individually at the food court and said someone must have accidentally put them on the shelves.

Darn... and to think finding those and the MM were on my list of 100 things that make me happy. Seems like Target is really cracking down on those and coupons.

I wasn't as lucky today. I haven't found any of the MM since the recent "memo," but I did find four of the Market Pantry (MP) juice packs that ring up .59.

The cashier for some reason stopped and looked at the price when he rang the first one up -- almost like he knew to check. He walked over to another cashier, they whispered back and forth, then he returned and said, "You know these are .59 EACH, right?" He went on to explain how they're supposed to be sold individually at the food court and said someone must have accidentally put them on the shelves.

Darn... and to think finding those and the MM were on my list of 100 things that make me happy. Seems like Target is really cracking down on those and coupons.

I didn't know they had MP rang up cheaper or they sold those in the food court? I thought it was just the minute maid

I didn't know they had MP rang up cheaper or they sold those in the food court? I thought it was just the minute maid

I just discovered it recently myself on another site.

The ones that are packaged to be sold in the food court don't have the cardboard wrapper around them, so you can see each juice box individually through the shrink wrap from the front, if that makes sense. A 10-pack rings up .59.

My guess is that an APB has been sent out for all cashiers to be on the lookout for those as well as the MM; otherwise, there was no reason for the cashier to stop in the middle of scanning my stuff and deliberately look up to check the price after scanning the first one. :mad:

FYI

I found 3 packs of MM and the cashier would not sell them to me. She knew that they were to be sold individually. She also said that they just had a memo about MM and it was discussed during their team meetings. :(

It was good while it lasted!

bump!! this might explain why people are more aware of MM deal!!:confused:

I just bought three MMs yesterday...at my usual Target, where I've NEVER seen them before...I placed them inconspicuously on the belt in the middle of my items, and the cashier didn't pay any attention whatsoever...

Also returned and re-bought the bunk bed set on clearance and saved $70 plus tax!! Had a GREAT day at Target yesterday!

I just bought three MMs yesterday...at my usual Target, where I've NEVER seen them before...I placed them inconspicuously on the belt in the middle of my items, and the cashier didn't pay any attention whatsoever...

Also returned and re-bought the bunk bed set on clearance and saved $70 plus tax!! Had a GREAT day at Target yesterday!

What bunk bed is on clearance and for how much?

What bunk bed is on clearance and for how much?

It's the Dylan set shown in their ad...it's 30% off...good luck finding it, though...we bought ours in March, and it took me another 3 weeks to track down the matching dresser...when I saw it was on clearance, I called around looking for either piece, and had to drive 45 minutes to get to a Target that had the bunks, then returned them to my local Target with my original receipt...a lot of leg work, but SO worth the difference!

It's the Dylan set shown in their ad...it's 30% off...good luck finding it, though...we bought ours in March, and it took me another 3 weeks to track down the matching dresser...when I saw it was on clearance, I called around looking for either piece, and had to drive 45 minutes to get to a Target that had the bunks, then returned them to my local Target with my original receipt...a lot of leg work, but SO worth the difference!

Do you have the DPCI # from your receipt?

Thanks!

I did the happy dance all the way through Target today. It was like a clearance mania. I managed to score my first 4 packs of MP Apple Juice for .59 each. I have yet to come across the MM but was just as thrilled about these. I also managed to come across some Energizer battery chargers with batteries included. Regular $23.99 but scanning $5.98. They were on the hooks with the new models and didn't have a red sticker, however, they did have a different barcode. Got some ziploc freezer bags on clearance and also some biolage shampoo. I could have gone nuts with the aisles of clearance there. Can't wait to check back next week to see whats left.:D:shock::yup:

OMG OMG OMG -- I just found out today WHY there are 10-pack MMs for 69 cents. And I really really hope Target employees are NOT as empowered as I always want them to be, because in this case they could take away our 69-cent wonder deal!! AARRGGH!

I found 4 of the 10-pakcs packs but one was leaking badly, all over the shelves. I asked a TM for help to clean off my hands, because I was dripping and sticky, and I also wanted help figuring out which was the leaker so I could buy the others.

She apologized profusely, helped me clear it all up, but it was tough to figure out which one was leaking so she said let me check in back for you and started searching the shelf tags for the item number so she could take it to the back.

Hmm, she says, it's not here. And she grabs the one from my hands and scans it and does a double-take when she sees the price. Oh, she says, this is "Food Avenue."

What's that? I ask, 'cause I've never heard of it.

"These are for the front of the store in the food court. They're supposed to be broken up and each one sold individually for 69 cents. These aren't supposed to be here at all."

She's looking at me with suspicion, like I've done something wrong. I just go "Oh, hmm" and push my cart away.

I'm thinking that Target just gets shipments from MM with all different sizes, and they specifically order the 10-packs to break them up for the food court, but the guy unpacking boxes in the back hasn't been told that, so they're just throwing them on the shelves with the others, not knowing any better.

Target has known about this for at least 2 years because we discussed the same exact thing in a thread 2 years ago about how they were only supposed to be sold in the Food Avenue but were being found on the shelves and someone said something about a memo beiing sent to employees back then also but I still find several packs at both of the Targets in my area each week.

Target has known about this for at least 2 years because we discussed the same exact thing in a thread 2 years ago about how they were only supposed to be sold in the Food Avenue but were being found on the shelves and someone said something about a memo beiing sent to employees back then also but I still find several packs at both of the Targets in my area each week.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if the vigilance lasts at those stores that are starting to watch.

I found 1 pk of fruit punch MM today. I was going to leave it because I have so many but decided I would see what our store would do. I had 7 other things to purchase so maybe that would have made a difference, but I didnt have any problem at all. It didnt scan for some reason on the regular belt so she had to use her hand scanner (thought ah oh.. here we go)but it scanned fine and she didnt say anything..even after looking at the cash register to make sure it did ring up so either they arent paying attention after the memo... or the memo wasnt nationwide.

Yea!! Happy Dance Time!!!! This was my first time ever to find a MM 10pack. It was apple and sitting right in front. When I first saw it, I thought if was a Juicy Juice (they sit right beside it). But then realized it was MM. Went to the scanner and it scanned .69 cents. I wasn't sure if they would let me get it or not, after all these posts I've read. I felt like a thief going to the register. I purchased several things, and of course the last thing she rung up was the juice. Didn't say anything though. AT LEAST I can say I did get ONE. Thanks guys for all the posts!!!

Anybody check on the Leapster 2 Star Wars pack today? Our store doesn't usually mark toys until Thursday, but I thought I'd ask. Ours was not marked down last week.:(

Just checked this afternoon. Ours still had them marked at $39.99. They only had two left, so I hope they get marked down soon!!

I found a couple of good finds today!

###253050089-Hefty 50 count Foam Plates $1.90 on Clearance and $0.40 manuf. coupon attached making them $1.50 each!

###003040400-Glade Fabric Freshner (All Scents) $3.49 with a $2.00 Target Coupon attached making them $1.49 each!

There were a lot of wines (mainly reds), Archer Flavored Waters, and the Target brand powdered drink mixes also clearanced in the aisles. I ended up going to a Target a couple of towns over and feel like I hit the jackpot!

:rwb:

I found a couple of good finds today!

###253050089-Hefty 50 count Foam Plates $1.90 on Clearance and $0.40 manuf. coupon attached making them $1.50 each!

###003040400-Glade Fabric Freshner (All Scents) $3.49 with a $2.00 Target Coupon attached making them $1.49 each!

There were a lot of wines (mainly reds), Archer Flavored Waters, and the Target brand powdered drink mixes also clearanced in the aisles. I ended up going to a Target a couple of towns over and feel like I hit the jackpot!

:rwb:

Yeah, got my eye on a few of those wines. They tend to put some really good wines on clearance. This is often because they are either an unfamiliar grape varietal or foreign, or just expensive to begin with. I buy them at 30% or 50% to try a bottle, then decide if I want more at 75% (then I often stash them). Sometimes I try at 30 and buy at 50 if it is good enough. It can be a real deal. I have learned to try them, though, because I also have gotten a couple of real dogs! Oooh, yuk! I put them on top of the trash. Maybe one of the people digging through my bins took it home and drank it. I just know it disappeared before the trash truck came....