Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I was bummed, went in for the electronics clearance, waiting on some stuff to go 75% and there wasn't anything left, I mean nothing. I think they boxed it up, there was a ton of stuff at 50% which I checked last Thurs, I mean video players, GPS, games, cameras, usb type stuff. I was trying to get a camcorder for $37.xx (ok hoping) for the kids. I don't know if they went 75% over the weekend or ?, it was weird, there were 4 endcaps on Thurs full of stuff, only the Aerosmith Wii bundle today? Oh well, next time

It seems like I remember reading some time ago that someone who worked at Target (or knew someone) said that Target was generally not going to be taking a lot of higher end electronics to 75% off anymore. I could be wrong, but I remember reading something about that quite awhile ago. (and I also don't see a lot of really nice electronics marked that low anymore... smaller things, yes, but not the cameras, camcorders, dvd players, etc.) They used to 'cause I remember those days well! I, for one, just haven't seen it in about a year or so around here. So, I would bet they just took all the stuff you saw off the shelf and sent it out to a salvage company to resell.

Although, if you were there on Thursday, sometimes I've seen them do markdowns in electronics on Fridays in addition to Mondays (I think), so you might have missed it ??:( I'm sure stuff flew out fast if they did in fact mark it down.

It seems like I remember reading some time ago that someone who worked at Target (or knew someone) said that Target was generally not going to be taking a lot of higher end electronics to 75% off anymore. I could be wrong, but I remember reading something about that quite awhile ago. (and I also don't see a lot of really nice electronics marked that low anymore... smaller things, yes, but not the cameras, camcorders, dvd players, etc.) They used to 'cause I remember those days well! I, for one, just haven't seen it in about a year or so around here. So, I would bet they just took all the stuff you saw off the shelf and sent it out to a salvage company to resell.

Although, if you were there on Thursday, sometimes I've seen them do markdowns in electronics on Fridays in addition to Mondays (I think), so you might have missed it ??:( I'm sure stuff flew out fast if they did in fact mark it down.

Its highly possible that I missed it too! They haven't been doing things all that "normal" in the last year LOL

Its highly possible that I missed it too! They haven't been doing things all that "normal" in the last year LOL

You didn't miss it. They salvaged it all. I was there at 8 this morning while the lady was doing the markdowns and when she came to the TV and dvd players that I wanted, she threw them in her cart and said they were salvage. UGGG!! I drove to the Target that is farthest away from me because they had so many and then they weren't even there. I then went to another Target to check and see if they were maybe going to do it differently. NOPE! They were also salvaging when I got there. :no:

What does it mean when they say they are "salvaging" things?

They take them off of the sales floor and more than likely donate them to a charity (like a Goodwill store) or sell them to a liquidation store (I've seen Target stuff at Big Lots before). But you cannot buy them once they are marked for salvage.

They take them off of the sales floor and more than likely donate them to a charity (like a Goodwill store) or sell them to a liquidation store (I've seen Target stuff at Big Lots before). But you cannot buy them once they are marked for salvage.

Just an FYI, they don't generally donate even to Goodwill or Salvation Army. Those groups buy it as salvage, just like Big Lots & other liquidators. This according to someone I know at Goodwill.

wooohooo found my first ever mm juices. i got 3 packs of apple for .69 cents each. i was doing the happy dance when I saw them. the cashier even remarked about them being .69 each. So I explained it to her...humm maybe I should not have lol

also found an american girl book for dd on clearance for $1.56.

wooohooo found my first ever mm juices. i got 3 packs of apple for .69 cents each. i was doing the happy dance when I saw them. the cashier even remarked about them being .69 each. So I explained it to her...humm maybe I should not have lol

also found an american girl book for dd on clearance for $1.56.

That probably wasn't the smartest thing to do

yeah, wouldn't count on finding them there again anytime soon....

I forgot to mention that I found several children's books 75% off: Bolt, Tinkerbell, Junie B Jones Valentine. I bought the bunch to give to our elementary school.

Well, 3 targets, lots of whining (3 kids!) and $120 later I didn't find any of the things I went for. LOL

I found Target brand diapers marked 15% off, but scanning 30% so I bought 5 boxes! Also, got some Huggies wipes that were 15% off.

The rest was just crap I didn't really need but bought anyway....a dress for my daughter, some baby food, groceries, towels (50%).

I don't have the stuff or the receipt right now, but I will get on later and add numbers.

I was really hoping to find the car mats to help keep my new car clean and the cool car coolers! GRRR. The second Target I went to had higher prices on everything. They are only about 10 minutes apart and batteries I bought at the first for .88 were $1.78 and the second. The dress was only 30% off there and I had bought it for 50% off.

Anyone else in Utah see the car coolers or floor mats? If so let me know which store and I will head there.

Guitar Hero Aerosmith for WII with game and two wireless guitars 75% off. I think $37.48? It's still in the car, so not positive. Tons of them at two stores today, one store still at 50%.

My store still has about 10 of them at only 30% off....booooo

I guess this is a YMMV but after not seeing any for months, I found 4 MM's today. I did a mini-happy dance and when I got to the register, they were ringing up $.58 each :eek:!!!! I did a bigger happy dance when I got to the car!!!

I wonder if there's a link between finding mm's and Target hiring new overnight stock people.

I guess this is a YMMV but after not seeing any for months, I found 4 MM's today. I did a mini-happy dance and when I got to the register, they were ringing up $.58 each :eek:!!!! I did a bigger happy dance when I got to the car!!!

I wonder if there's a link between finding mm's and Target hiring new overnight stock people.

I found 4 MM's and when I got to the check out...the cashier would not let me purchase them. She said they were suppose to be sold individually. I told her that they were on the shelf. I was so upset. Manager came over and would not sell them to me. :(:(:(

I found 4 MM's and when I got to the check out...the cashier would not let me purchase them. She said they were suppose to be sold individually. I told her that they were on the shelf. I was so upset. Manager came over and would not sell them to me. :(:(:(

Yes, and if posters start to do what was talked about in post number 357, more and more of THAT will happen. :mad:

Where would they sell the MMs individually? I've never seen juice boxes anywhere in the store sold individually.

I know this is not clearance, but I thought I'd mention that Tag Books are $9.99. With the $3 manufactor's coupon, that would make the books half price. It's not as great as at the toy clearance sale, but not too bad.

Where would they sell the MMs individually? I've never seen juice boxes anywhere in the store sold individually.

I know this is not clearance, but I thought I'd mention that Tag Books are $9.99. With the $3 manufactor's coupon, that would make the books half price. It's not as great as at the toy clearance sale, but not too bad.

I think these juices are given with the kids meal in the food court

Yep, they sell them in the Food Avenue, individually and with kids meals.

Yep, they sell them in the Food Avenue, individually and with kids meals.

Yes... i think you are right. Hopefully I will find them again.

Thanks you guys for all of this great info. I was able to get 2 ...three drawer storage shelves tonight for $8.00 dollars each.... 85% off. Yeah for me! lol!!:tongue1::D

anyone on the East coast happen to see if the Leapster 2s got marked down? I have a plan to get a few. I had a friend print off the coupons, I have my 10% day and I have a $10 off $50 Home & $10 of $100 Electronics coupon I can try to boot.

I was hoping to find one also- hopefully they mark the toys to 75% today that have been 30-50%.

I was hoping to find one also- hopefully they mark the toys to 75% today that have been 30-50%.

They were not marked down here as of yesterday. Interestingly ours are in the electronic department. I was wondering if they were going to get marked down with the electronics or the toys.

anyone on the East coast happen to see if the Leapster 2s got marked down? I have a plan to get a few. I had a friend print off the coupons, I have my 10% day and I have a $10 off $50 Home & $10 of $100 Electronics coupon I can try to boot.

Still holding at 50% off here in DFW area. I was hoping to see them at 75% off today too. Got lots of birthday parties in the summer and these would make a-list gifts!

Still holding at 50% off here in DFW area. I was hoping to see them at 75% off today too. Got lots of birthday parties in the summer and these would make a-list gifts!

and so begins the dragging out of the toy clearance for weeks and weeks :) !