Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

So So happy. Went yesterday to target and was able to find the my little pony tiny playset. I

am going to put them on my dd birthday cake tonight. I also found two of the regular myp one pink and one blue. I also found 5 boxes of assorted pokemon cards and stickers which rang up mis easter 2.99 but the boxes where marked 2.99 so I complained and they gave them to me for 1/2 off. If you have a child into pokemon these area great find. They include 3 pokemon cards and 5 individual envelopes which have 6 stickers each. Great for my DS upcoming July bday party.

Stopped by the Vogel Rd MO store last night. They were unloading boxes of dishtowel/potholder sets and table runners. The only bag candy left M&Ms. Other than that just odd n in stuffed toys, a few small toys and not much else.

I was really hoping to find some of the bagged Sweetarts for dd.

Stopped by Walgreens in SoCo StL today and they had their stuff combined in to a 3' section at the end of the new summer stock.

Hit two Targets yesterday and got a few thing like the bliss chocolate that was free with overage and the basket I wanted for next year for DS that was the only one left. Most of the stuff I want I thought I would wait until 75% off since they aren't "need to have" things. Both stores were fairly well stocked, stopped today to pick something up expecting things to be decimated but wasn't much of a difference except the candy from when I was there at 8am yesterday. The one store typically goes 75% on day 3 so I will head over tomorrow to see if I can pick up the rest on my want list.

Someone was asking if anyone thought things were boxed up and shipped back to the manufacture, do they actually do that?? I have never heard of a supplier taking back stuff that didn't sell, especially items that are holiday. I'm not in this business but it doesn't seem like a good deal for a manufacturer

Edited by sabbie

Hit two Targets yesterday and got a few thing like the bliss chocolate that was free with overage and the basket I wanted for next year for DS that was the only one left. Most of the stuff I want I thought I would wait until 75% off since they aren't "need to have" things. Both stores were fairly well stocked, stopped today to pick something up expecting things to be decimated but wasn't much of a difference except the candy from when I was there at 8am yesterday. The one store typically goes 75% on day 3 so I will head over tomorrow to see if I can pick up the rest on my want list.

Someone was asking if anyone thought things were boxed up and shipped back to the manufacture, do they actually do that?? I have never heard of a supplier taking back stuff that didn't sell, especially items that are holiday. I'm not in this business but it doesn't seem like a good deal for a manufacturer

Yes, a lot of seasonal companies do this. I haven't heard of it happening with Target but many stores, like grocery stores, purchase seasonal items from companies that will take back what doesn't sell.

The Ward Pkwy store in KC still had a LOT of small toys left today, but not much that I would buy at 50% off. I may go back at 75% off and try to nab some stuff...does anyone know when they will switch over to 75%? I asked the Target lady in the aisle and she said, "Later this week." Duh. They didn't have much candy at all, but I was not looking for that anyway.

I did pick up some 3 packs of womens' athletic socks for $2.78 and a bra for $6.xx (75% off).

Overall it was a bust. When are they going to mark down all of this 30% off stuff that I have been seeing for WEEKS? (Aveeno baby stuff in particular).

Oh, and I had to tell the cashier to discount the Easter stuff that I did get...it was all ringing up full price.

Hi! I'm new... :)

I am so disappointed in my two Targets as well. Nothing left! Just a few toy items, hardly any candy etc

I always buy those bags of plastic eggs at the Easter Clearance and neither of my Targets had any! I even went to WalMart, and they didn't have any either. It's really strange.

I LOVED Easter Clearance at Target! :(

I went this morning to the Target that went to 75% on the 3rd day for Christmas and Valentines but it wasn't marked down yet so I guess it will be tomorrow for both of my stores which I hate. (that is of course if they do what they traditionally have done but who knows) I loved being able to pick some stuff one day and the rest the next since they both have different things that I want. Also a funny thing I noticed today, I thought they had already sold out of the Thomas Easter Train, Geo Tracks, and few of the other big Easter toys but found them in the Toy Section Clearanced to 50% instead of with the rest of the Easter stuff. Don't know if this means they are going to try to clearance slower then the rest of Easter or not. I really want a Thomas and they had about 10 of them so I decided to hold off until tomorrow and see what happens. I did also find that they have all of the girls hair accessories that are so Easter (bunnies, chicks, pastels) are only marked down to 15% off but at the other store I go to they are mixed in with the Easter Clearance.

Glenbrook Target went to 75% off this morning and there were TONS left of everything! I couldn't tell that anything had sold from last week before Easter until today,there was that much left. I got all my good candy and the Disney Princess Spring Shimmer playset (like Polly Pocket) for $3.74. I got everything I wanted but will go back on Sunday and see what I can find at 90% off.

Im sorry to say for most of us, target clearance will not be the same for some time..

I have a family member that works at ST. basically what she told me is that it depends on the store as far as the holiday clearance. Based on past sales and total volume they get so much stock..then they do have some leeway as far as what to put out as far as holiday, and when. In her store she said they replentished until friday and saturday evening she said it was as busy as black friday, the store was completely decimated. I think the clearance was so shoddy because everyone was waiting until saturday to shop hoping to find early clearance etc. then they just bought up everything at once.

Obviously stores are hurting, they want to sell things at a higher price, rather than clearance-thus they are not overstocking stuff, and when its gone its gone. It makes buisness sense to sell at the regular price with less stock to begin with-in this economy more people are waiting for sales, meaning stores just stock less of an item (if there are 2 shirts on a shelf we are more likely to buy reg price, than try to wait for the item to go on sale). we are seeing barer shelves in general, longer times between mark-downs, and less stock of each item. what i am saying is obviously not true for every store-but a general rule as far as ive been told. i am by no means an expert, but ive gotten a littttle inside info.

My local walmart had two huge aisles stuffed with easter, in contrast. and it was 50% still. that was tuesday.

My Target went 75% this morning and I got there 1/2 hour after they opened. For some very strange reason they had more at 75% than at 50% off the day after Easter- perhaps returns??? I got the Elmo bubbles Easter basket for 3.74, various Disney themed gazillion bubbles for 74 cents, airfoil kites 1.99, cute little kites in round plastic containers for 1.24 (Thomas, Barbie, Tigger and Elmo), SpongeBob cars 3 pack for 1.49, Hotwheels for 1.49, egg shaped doodler for 1.24, mini rubix cube for 1.24 or 1.49, foam air gun for 1.24, dinosaur stuffed animal with bunny ears for 1.49, kids cookbook for 2.49, off-white distressed tray for 4.99. I was very happy I got to snag the only 12 pack empty plastic eggs for 19 cents.

Now if only my Walmart went to 75%, my life would be complete ;)

.... Also a funny thing I noticed today, I thought they had already sold out of the Thomas Easter Train, Geo Tracks, and few of the other big Easter toys but found them in the Toy Section Clearanced to 50% instead of with the rest of the Easter stuff. Don't know if this means they are going to try to clearance slower then the rest of Easter or not. I really want a Thomas and they had about 10 of them so I decided to hold off until tomorrow and see what happens. I did also find that they have all of the girls hair accessories that are so Easter (bunnies, chicks, pastels) are only marked down to 15% off but at the other store I go to they are mixed in with the Easter Clearance.

If they had red stickers on them showing a price decrease of 15, 30 or 50%, that most likely means they will clearance slower... (same type of schedule as any other clearance section of the store). If you just found them mixed in without any red stickers, that probably just means that someone misplaced them, and if you find those type of items when Easter moves to 75% off, then they should also be scanning/ringing up as 75% off.

Target never really used to separate its holiday toys out, but now they tend to do that with some of the more name brand toys.

If they had red stickers on them showing a price decrease of 15, 30 or 50%, that most likely means they will clearance slower... (same type of schedule as any other clearance section of the store). If you just found them mixed in without any red stickers, that probably just means that someone misplaced them, and if you find those type of items when Easter moves to 75% off, then they should also be scanning/ringing up as 75% off.

Target never really used to separate its holiday toys out, but now they tend to do that with some of the more name brand toys.

The Geotrax sets were already 75% off here with everything else.

I went this morning to the Target that went to 75% on the 3rd day for Christmas and Valentines but it wasn't marked down yet so I guess it will be tomorrow for both of my stores which I hate. (that is of course if they do what they traditionally have done but who knows) I loved being able to pick some stuff one day and the rest the next since they both have different things that I want. Also a funny thing I noticed today, I thought they had already sold out of the Thomas Easter Train, Geo Tracks, and few of the other big Easter toys but found them in the Toy Section Clearanced to 50% instead of with the rest of the Easter stuff. Don't know if this means they are going to try to clearance slower then the rest of Easter or not. I really want a Thomas and they had about 10 of them so I decided to hold off until tomorrow and see what happens. I did also find that they have all of the girls hair accessories that are so Easter (bunnies, chicks, pastels) are only marked down to 15% off but at the other store I go to they are mixed in with the Easter Clearance.

More likely someone simply stocked them in the wrong location. Overnight often gets it wrong. Advantage to you if others don't notice. I found some of the Disney Princess & LPS stuff in the regular toys this morning as well.

That's been def. my tactic to check the toy isles for Easter toys and reg. candy isles for Easter candy. I have found a ton of misplaced toys and candy when V-Day stuff went 75%. The one thing that makes me wonder is if people are hiding that stuff that way so they can make sure to buy it when it goes to higher % or if it's employees misplacing things.. (Esp. true for pixos - I saw some today in with the regular ones..) No misplaced candy though this time :(

More likely someone simply stocked them in the wrong location. Overnight often gets it wrong. Advantage to you if others don't notice. I found some of the Disney Princess & LPS stuff in the regular toys this morning as well.

Is Easter LPS stuff just those with wide round base or do they have any other ones??

I assume Disney princess is that set like Polly Pocket? I saw that one at 50% and wanted to buy for dd to take with us on vacation but the sparkly thingies made me put it back.. I hate how those get all over everything..

Is Easter LPS stuff just those with wide round base or do they have any other ones??

I assume Disney princess is that set like Polly Pocket? I saw that one at 50% and wanted to buy for dd to take with us on vacation but the sparkly thingies made me put it back.. I hate how those get all over everything..

The LPS is only those and the pink decorate it yourself bunny (larger size).

Yes, that is the Disney Princess thing.

FINALLY! I had a great Target day today (after just complaining yesterday!)

I went to see if my stores went to 75% with the Easter stuff (they didn't), but I found some great deals. First, I found a spiderman 6volt ride on quad for $17.xx (originally $69.99). WOO! I can't decide if I'm going to keep it or sell it.

I also found FIVE minute maids!!! I haven't found any for months, but there they were...all five of them!! I wanted to skip through the store!

And finally my Aveeno baby products were down to 50% off...I used coupons and got them for CHEAP. (Though I had to to to customer service after the cashier told me I couldn't use the coupons, even though they CLEARLY said "Any Aveeno Product." She was saying because the photo on the coupon was of something else, I couldn't use them...GAH!).

And I also found 4-5 Little Einstein's DVDs still in their plastic wrap, but for sale "as-is" for $3.76 (originally $14.99). I only bought the one that I can use for my own kids, but YAY for that deal. It was my other reason for visiting customer service, though...she scanned the back UPC instead of the "As-Is" tag and it rang up regular price. A good reminder to always check your receipts. And that Target cashiers need some re-training.

YAY for good Target days!

Can someone post some pics/DCPIs of some of these Easter toys that you all are finding? I went today and I could not find nor spot one single Easter toy in the toy aisle. I find that extremely hard to believe (because I have decent luck at my Target/s) even if they stocked low. I don't know, maybe it's because I don't have kids and I've outgrown toys for a long time :P so I just don't know what to look for anymore...?

The LPS is only those and the pink decorate it yourself bunny (larger size).

Yes, that is the Disney Princess thing.

ok, tnx. I went to another Target last night (just to kill some time) and boy was I surprised to see Easter already went 75%.. Nothing left but stuff animals.. Looked around the toy section and found the LPS decorate yourself bunny, kelly doll, two diff. bubble things & 3 pixos. Also got a fleece blanket..

Will go to another one this morning.

I just went to check on the Spiderman Quad - I found it - just one!! So excited - then, went to the scanner and it was $69.99... what a let down! :(

Yeh..we have a lot of them down here and I have never seen a clearance tag on them (only that one time back in Feb. when I found one discounted 75% at one Target - hopefully we can put it together this weekend.. Will be another great present for ds1 B-Day in a couple of wks.)

Not sure what's going on with those..