Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Has anyone seen VD cake mixes or cans of frosting? I haven't seen them this year, or just wasn't hard enough. I was hoping to get them 50% off. Last year I bought the frosting with little hearts. Didn't see any at Walmart either. Thanks!

I did see some smaller kits featuring the conversation hearts, cake mix and frosting. They only make 8 cupcakes. There was another with Sweet Tarts - same thing... They were too small for our family and so I passed on them.

Has anyone seen VD cake mixes or cans of frosting? I haven't seen them this year, or just wasn't hard enough. I was hoping to get them 50% off. Last year I bought the frosting with little hearts. Didn't see any at Walmart either. Thanks!

I did find Pillsbury Frosting (.79)and Cake Mix (.75) at one of the stores yesterday.

I did my big monthly Target run with my 10% off card tonight and made out in the infant clearance clothing dept for a missionary group my aunt works with. I got a bunch of infant creepers and pants at 75% off which was $1.00. I also got a bunch of flip flops for the same group for 70 cents in the dollar spot (red spot 30% off).

thanks for the heads up on the "BLOOM" letters for a girls' room. I bought the "DREAM" set a long time ago and they didn't have any of those left but they had plenty of the BLOOM ones for 75% off ($7.48). I also picked up some Shabby Chic twin sheets for 30% off and a cute pink Circo comforter set for 75% off ($9.98)

Edited by cokemeyer

I have a question I am hoping someone here can answer: the big packs of Rayovac batteries have had these great peelie coupons stuck to them for a month or so now that say "$5 off when you buy these batteries and any electronic item." I have yet to figure out what I need to buy that is obviously an electronic item, such as a VCR or something, so I am wondering how liberal this is - can I count buying an extra pack of batteries, for instance? Or a disposable camera? TIA!

I'm in Central Illinois and our County Market and the closest Walmarts both have them and they still have lots left. Last year about 3 or 4 months later, Aldi's had the Pillsbury Ones for .17 a box. I bought a case and if you don't want them to be Holiday you just leave out the sprinkle packet.

It looked like a full 4 page flyer thing. I thought it probably was for Credit card Holders as I have never seen printed coupons before.

I got a coupon booklet from Target recently that had coupons for baby in it. It sounds like what you are describing. I'm not a Target CC holder and I'm not sure why some people get their mailings and others don't. I do use my debit card and credit card usually so maybe they got my address that way.

You can also print coupons off their website.

I have a question I am hoping someone here can answer: the big packs of Rayovac batteries have had these great peelie coupons stuck to them for a month or so now that say "$5 off when you buy these batteries and any electronic item." I have yet to figure out what I need to buy that is obviously an electronic item, such as a VCR or something, so I am wondering how liberal this is - can I count buying an extra pack of batteries, for instance? Or a disposable camera? TIA!

I think you can pretty much buy anything in electronics. I bought a dvd with my purchase. In my store, they have these coupons on the 20 or 24 (can't remember which it was, but they were only 9.99) packs of AA's and AAA's. They were located on a rack near an endcap in toys.

It's coded for the batteries. Whatever electronic item you grab with it will work since the coupon is for the batteries. I've grabbed kid's toys (if it requires batteries, it is an electronic IMO), DVDs, video games...

It's coded for the batteries. Whatever electronic item you grab with it will work since the coupon is for the batteries. I've grabbed kid's toys (if it requires batteries, it is an electronic IMO), DVDs, video games...

thanks azzycat and disney. Do you think an additional pack of batteries (any brand) would work as the "electronic" item (along with the big Rayovac pack)?

V-day was only 50% in West Plano and yes, I did scan it :(

So on Sunday evening DH casually mentions that he wished he had a desk for the study, and I nearly throttled him since I had seen desks at the Home Design event and was sure they were now all gone. So I drag him back to Target and was amazed to find one, still in the box! Happy dance! We ended up getting that, plus a wooden drawer unit, each ringing under $60.

Today I had a Dr's appt near the Target... so of course I had to check to see if anything interesting had been returned! LOL! All that was left in Home Design were some gray end tables and a couple dinged-up mirrors. I did manage to score an 8-piece bed-in-bag set for 75% off in Housewares, which is getting pretty cleaned out as well (although some of the new stuff looks really cute, can't wait for the next clearance round (July/Aug, right?)

I was expecting 75% off tomorrow and 90% off on Friday, but I went to Target today and they had marked it 75% today!!! Now I'm wondering if it they will go 90% Thursday, Friday, or when?!?!?!? They can't be doing this to me again, because I was there at opening on several different mornings expecting 90% Christmas clearance.