Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

S. Independence and First Colonial Targets. What are you looking for? I can tell you if I spotted something or not.[/QU

Those targets are about a hour from me. Mostly interested in the lil einstein pat pat rocket or anything a 2 year old daughter would enjoy!! Did they seem to have much left, wandering if its worth my drive??I usually check the N.N. or hampton target. won't be able to get out till tomm. afternoon

If I see one of the Pat Pat rockets tomorrow do you want me to pick it up for you? I'll be hitting both Williamsburg stores. Is this the one that transforms? I just want to make sure I'm looking for the right thing.

If this is a repeat item....sorry. I don't think I have seen this item posted before.

087062067-GIJOE ultimate battle pack. (i think this is the #--the on the red tag--correct??)

I bought a cool GIJOE ultimate battle pack for 13.74. I had never seen these before today and I have been going to target since the toys hit 30%( yes, addicting LOL!!) . They come with two huge tanks and quite a few figures. I bought two of them.

I'm really hoping that the one Target I was counting on has taken loads of toys to the back for markdowns tomorrow. Sunday there were two entire aisles full of toys and today only one half of an aisle remains. This is a relatively new Target that is never crowded so I find it hard to believe in three days they sold out of everything considering I still saw a lot at only 30%. I can't get there until tomorrow afternoon which stinks since I would like to get a Biscuit for my daughter and a few other things that I saw they had tonite and a few more I hope they put in the back for the mark down team.

Another question I had was has anyone actually used the Fly Fusion. I got one for my DD 11 since she saw it the other day and wanted one. I got it as a Christmas gift so I can't use it and see if I like it. I am headed off to do some reading on reviews, but I figure one of Ya'll has probably used it and maybe has an opinion. The other thing I got for a gift is a projector that was in the toy aisle for 24.xx orig 99.xx. It says it is a "dark room" projector for playing video games or watching movies. It looked cool and now I'm wondering if I should have bought it. I don't have it here for a name, I take the xmas gifts to my office to hide so I don't know the brand. Don't want to take it out of the box so if anyone has any reviews they'd be much appreciated!

If I see one of the Pat Pat rockets tomorrow do you want me to pick it up for you? I'll be hitting both Williamsburg stores. Is this the one that transforms? I just want to make sure I'm looking for the right thing.

Oh, I was just quoting another person's reply. They were the one that was looking for the rocket. Thanks for the offer though!:P

I was at my target today.......... as they were marking the toys down, and they were taking a lot of the toys to back. THey said they were not going to be selling them anymore as of today. Not sure how that works. This is my first year to do the target sale.

Just got back...they had marked down a bunch of toys...but only from 30% to 50%!! GAH! Stupid Target.

I did score in the camping section:

8 person Coleman Tent, originally $139.99, got it for $35.xx

Lightning McQueen blow up bed/sleeping bag, orig. $29.99, got it for $6.xx

Tennis Rackets (both kids and adults) for $3.xx

Just got back...they had marked down a bunch of toys...but only from 30% to 50%!! GAH! Stupid Target.

where do you shop?

So I just risked my life to see what 75% looked like at my Target. When I left it wasn't too bad as some of the snow was cleared by plow trucks and it was raining. Just slushy mess. Well by the time I left Target and headed home slush turned into ice and it was A SCARY experience, to say the least! But there was only one other Indian man shopping Toy isle with me and the whole Target was kinda empty so it was a pretty good experience. Only one isle of Toys left but it didn't look too much picked over so I'm guessing the crowd won't be in until tomorrow..

Here's what I got:

###086022254 Magic Fairy Lights Sleeping Beauty 6.24 (Still were plenty left)

###086040717 FP Little Mommy Stroller 4.98

###087070813 "Cars" Race Case Launcher (Storage Case) 3.24 (found only one)

###088020103 Frisbee 2.24

###088020134 "Cars" Playground Ball 1.48

###204033028 Fisher-Price Little Einsteins Transform and Go Rocket 10.98 (Yey!! Finally got one! I was surprised to see ALL of them gone! I kept looking in all isles and only found this one because I was going through the clearance isle looking at each and every toy. Apparently the box was lying sideways and there was no way to tell it was the rocket. Boy was I happy!! :))

###204040961 Kidi Art Studio 17.48 (Not sure if I'm keeping it)

###091150114 Playhut Carnival Ball Zone 14.98 (59.99 orig.) (This one looks very cool but apparently has one star reviews so it will prob. be going back.)

###091011689 Speed Racer Lunch Box 2.57

No FP DVD Players. Also saw one Smart Cycle but the box was wripped in one place so I didn't want to risk it since this is electronics and who knows if it was bumped or returned or what!! Besides I saw at least 10 in the other Target yesterday and even managed to stash one behind some large boxes in a different part of the store so I'm hoping to pick it up there tomorrow!!

They also filled the end cap of the Toy clearance isle with some VERY COOL GADGETS!!! Most were Eddie Bauer.. I was esp. happy as I needed a present for my cousin's boyfriend/fiancee for this Saturday and didn't want to spend a lot of money. Mission Accomplished!!! :)

Not Toys:

###091010280 Igloo IV MaxCold X Cool Fusion Cooler 17.12 (68.49 orig.)

###091040442 Garmin Forerunner 101 Runners Pack GPS 24.98 (99.99 orig.) (If you have a runner I highly recommend this!! My hubby got 201 version recently and LOVES IT! He was exstatic to see the price I paid for this.)

###091040262 Eddie Bauer® Digital Trail Compass 7.32 (29.29 orig.)

###091040662 Eddie Bauer® Weather 5.12

###091040728 Eddie Bauer® Micro Weather Station Key Chain 3.74 (orig. 14.99)

###091090341 Revolution Headlamp 7.68 (30.79 orig.)

###091090342 Micro Tool Combo Set 3.62 (14.49 orig.)

I still can't decide whether I want Smores or not.. But will definately be going out tomorrow for the Smart Cycle. Of course I will be waiting for all the ice to melt first. I'm not risking it again, plus I will be driving with DS1.

**Oh..And I did excersize some restrain.. I literally had to take that material house/market thing out of my cart. I really don't need it (plus I don't want to buy accessories full price) but couldn't help it for just a moment. But then I just had to take just one peak at the price sticker on the Kidi Art Studio and when I saw it was 17 I couldn't persuade myself to leave it so it came home with me.. Can anyone tell me their experience with this. My dd is going to be 4 in the summer and she does LOVE arts and coloring and such but I don't think she's into electronics at all!! Plus she's sooo impatient.. I don't know if she can handle this toy!!

Also, take a look at the Books section. There were a lot of discounts on sticker, coloring, look & find books. There were some cool coloring books with big crayola attached. There was also a Princess with Magic Wand book. I think it's supposed to talk when the wand is pointed at it. Well it wasn't stickered but when I scanned it it came out 50%. There were other books similar to this one (Dora, etc.) but I didn't bother to scan them. Seems like there are a lot of discounts in this section and many books not marked so I would scan lots..

Edited by arelf27

what a waste i went to our "far away" target and nothing was 75% i swear i give up our close target doesnt have anything left so no point in even checking to see if they are 75% off

i am so curious how come everyone is getting the Didj for $22 ours are still regular price in both stores i quit

So I just risked my life to see what 75% looked like at my Target. When I left it wasn't too bad as some of the snow was cleared by plow trucks and it was raining. Just slushy mess. Well by the time I left Target and headed home slush turned into ice and it was A SCARY experience, to say the least! But there was only one other Indian man shopping Toy isle with me and the whole Target was kinda empty so it was a pretty good experience. Only one isle of Toys left but it didn't look too much picked over so I'm guessing the crowd won't be in until tomorrow..

**Also funny story, somehow I started talking to this couple who happened to walk by the Toy section and couldn't believe the price of that Smart Cycle. So I told them everything in this isle 75%. I also told them that it went 75% this morning and about some other Targets in our area and what they have on clearance and so on and so forth.. Finally the guy asked me if I worked at Target!! They kept asking me questions and couldn't believe how much I knew about this sale and other things going on in Target :). They were dissapointed they missed the Baby sale on Monday..

And just to think I only started shopping at Target myself after New-Year!!!

what a waste i went to our "far away" target and nothing was 75% i swear i give up our close target doesnt have anything left so no point in even checking to see if they are 75% off

i am so curious how come everyone is getting the Didj for $22 ours are still regular price in both stores i quit

I don't go anymore without calling and checking DCPI's with guest services. Makes it so much easier to know where and when to go. That's how I found out this morning that out of 4 Targets in my area only 1 (closest to me) went 75%. Good thing it was this one too, cause I barely made it with this snow storm. I wouldn't have gone any further..

Just make sure to check an item that they have a lot of in the store (I've started using DCPI's for Sleeping Beauty because that is one toy they have plenty of in all my Targets.)

Does anyone have the DCPI for the Coleman tent? I really need a tent. The only one on clearnce at my store is another brand (Eddie Bauer, I think), and it has way too much mesh in the sides to be usable IMHO. I would be willing to search and drive to get a good one cheap.

toys still at 50% off at my store...bummer.....I sure hope they go 75% off tommorrow morning or I think I might give up.....:cheesy:

Oh no don't give up! I heard the markdown team saying they had till friday to do the toys you've waited this long just hang in there it will be worth it!!

Yey!! Jusr talked to hubby and he said roads are fine to drive so we'll be headed to Target in an hour or so.. Cause I'm looking out the window and apparently our condo complex hasn't been cleaned up as much so it still looks kinda bad, but I guess the main roads are fine..

Still can't decide what to do if I find Smores..

Went to my target they were marking down dishes so I asked one of the markdown ladies if they were going to do toys today she said they

might not get to it I told her I was just intrested In 1 toy and asked her if she. Could mark it down real quick for me and she DID!!

###204040961 Vtech kiddie digital art $17.48

###081042770 crayola glow in the dark $4.98

###002060047 wrap n craft storage $2.74

Can't wait for the big summer clearance!!!