Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I guess Target made the right decision this year to stagger their discounts. :razz:

I'm so surprised that toys are still moving at 50% off! Every time I go back to a Target store I can't believe how much emptier the shelves are just from the day before. I've gone to Target(s) every day since Wednesday and each day I notice that there are NO more markdowns but things are STILL moving!

I've been keeping my eye on things that I want that are now at 30 and 50% off and each day I see that the supply of them gets smaller and smaller! I might have to bite the bullet and get some things before they run out.

Darn you Target!:gdgirlfight3ol:

That is my fear too. This toy mark down seems like a real mess this year. But I am hoping that it will go quicker than other markdowns because I would like to think they would want to move all this stuff out to finish resetting the toy aisles.

I really hope so too. And I think that this year is so different from other years that really anything could happen. I'm just fearful that the items that got stickered at 50% this past Thursday will now stay at that price for a couple weeks. I would imagine they will take another pass at the toys that have been at 30 or 50% and did NOT get marked on Thursday, so there may be more activity this week. I just haven't seen Target change a sticker on an item one week and then go back and change that same sticker on the same item the very next week. But who knows!

Well I beg to differ. Most of the time the markdown teams mark a department and then it typically sits for a couple weeks before they go back in and mark again. :yup:

They go through every department every week. They do not mark the same items week after week. They mark different items. So, if they mark Product X this week, then they usually mark it again 2 weeks later. But Product Y may be getting marked down the week after Product X. So they still have to go through the department. So, it would not be the least bit surprising to see them go through and mark down the things they skipped this week when they did the other items 75%. At most stores the items they skipped this week they marked down to 50% a week ago, so next week would be the normal 2 weeks schedule. In some stores they are going through the whole 30%, 50%, 75% process, but that doesn't mean they won't go through toys again next week. However, pretty much everyone on here knows that they mark the toys down faster in January than the rest of the year, so even if it went 50% this week, I would not find it surprising to see it go 75% this coming week. They need the space back for regular merchandise.

Guest mzannetti

Thanks for the coupon link. I went back to Target this am with my receipts and the coupons and recevied $32. back for the Leap Frog items I purchased, tag books, Leaspster games and A Fridge game.

NP. I took 3 fridge items back and got $9 back also.

$2 per leap frog fridge item is a great deal. We were thrilled at $5 each.

Although they may or may not go into a department for markdowns every week, they DO NOT mark down previously marked down items every week. I think we can all attest to that from what we have seen in stores. I have stalked items every week, 3 times a week to watch them sit idle at 30-50 off, only to suddenly note that they can take a month before either being marked down further or completely gone.

The toy clearance, similar to the other "seasonal" clearance may be a bit different but I think we can agree that although Target may have some guidelines, they are not perfect and each store will not mark down as another does.

Target clearance is the thrill of the hunt and it is the unpredictability that allows us to be score and lose.

I think this is a new ballgame and they are making it up as they go. I saw items in my Target that were full price on Tuesday (scanned myself because had seen both items at 50% off at another store), on Wednesday it went to 30%, and then Thursday it was 50%. When have you seen a markdown on the exact same item in the same week? My best guess is they are trying to drag it out at 50% for an extra weekend and will finish the rest at 75% next week. That could be wishful thinking but things like Biscuit have been marked down to 50% for 3 weeks now and no movement, how much longer are they going to want it to take up all that room

I dont understand...will target accept online coupon codes? Or did you find printable coupons? When I followed the link it was coupon codes.

There are 2 diff, ones. One for buy on line & the other link will go to a coupon to purchase in store. It is a like a Brinks coupon, you can print limited # of each one.

Try this link.

http://www.leapfrog.com/en/landingpages/coupons.html?siteID=lw9MynSeamY-8.kq5ue.XT2MWwR7BLbpVw

Did your Targets have any Didj games - on clearance or otherwise? The first store I went to had some picked over accessories that I didn't pay much attention to because they didn't have any game systems. The second had game systems, but no accesories.

Have there been any tents marked down at your stores? If so, do you remember which one(s) or how much? TIA.

The only LeapFrog software I found on clearance was...

### Nancy Drew Didj game for 7.48

###I Spy Leapster game for 6.24

###Outwit Leapster game for 6.24

###Cars Leapster game for 12.xx

If only I had known about those coupons sooner :(

Also found

###Terrainiac RC car marked 50% at 29.98

Did your Targets have any Didj games - on clearance or otherwise? The first store I went to had some picked over accessories that I didn't pay much attention to because they didn't have any game systems. The second had game systems, but no accesories.

Have there been any tents marked down at your stores? If so, do you remember which one(s) or how much? TIA.

I didn't look at prices, but TONS of tents and camping items on clearance.

Plus scooters (razors, etc) and footballs, soccer balls, lunch bags, etc.

When I go again I will check prices. I also noticed queen beds (the inflatable ones)

I bought some camping stuff for 50% off. They had laterns, stoves, airbeds, ice chests, blankets and tents. I only have one target in my city.............so I grabbed what I needed and bought it. If I wait.........there will not be anything left.

Guest mzannetti

The only LeapFrog software I found on clearance was...

### Nancy Drew Didj game for 7.48

###I Spy Leapster game for 6.24

###Outwit Leapster game for 6.24

###Cars Leapster game for 12.xx

If only I had known about those coupons sooner :(

Also found

###Terrainiac RC car marked 50% at 29.98

you can print off the coupons and then take the item, coupon, and original receipt to customer service. they will adjust the price and give you the coupon money in cash. even if you paid with a CC.

I was able to pick up a few more things today. I also bought the playdo set for 2.XX and it was with the regular priced items and no red sticker on it.

They did not have any of the FP DVD players at my store...not even at 30% off. IF any one has an extra one and would like to sell it to me.......please PM me. I would love to get one for my daughter.

THanks!!

There are both printable and online coupon code on this link.

http://www.couponalbum.com/coupons/leapfrog.htm

You will have to install some coupon printing software, but it takes a second.

I just can't find the coupons...

I see coupon codes regarding leapster, but when I hit the Printable coupon "tag" on the site it sends me to printable coupons for particular stores, not for a brand name of a toy, for instance...:confused:

Am I doing something wrong?

**ok forget it, I found the coupons on the link from supershopper Thanks :)

Edited by allshoppedout
update

UGH! I hope that the camping stuff will still be there next week. I spent my shopping budget at old navy and jc penney this week getting the deals on clothes. I would love to get a tent for the boyscout camp outs and some of the other gear as DH is planning on getting a camper with our tax refund this year.

UGH! I hope that the camping stuff will still be there next week. I spent my shopping budget at old navy and jc penney this week getting the deals on clothes. I would love to get a tent for the boyscout camp outs and some of the other gear as DH is planning on getting a camper with our tax refund this year.

That is great! We have been looking at the pop up tents.. I went ahead the camping stuff now........... but I am watching it to see if it goes down more.

Ugggghh! My Target in Stoughton, MA is still only 30% off!! They now have both sides of two aisles with clearance toys, but they were only scanning at 30% off.

Some items I saw on Clearance:

Biscuit

Tumbles

Puppy Grows and Knows Your Name

Hannah Montana Guitar

HUGE Littlest Pet Shop Sets

Little Einsteins Airplane

Sleeping Beauty Dress-Up Gowns

Sleeping Beauty Dolls

Various Camp Rock items

Maybe some of you will find these things at your Target for more than 30% off

all SEVEN of the eight kid though dvd players at my store were gone tonight. Still scanning $75. Most of all of the toys that were marked down were gone also.. People were snagging them at 30-50% off. Fools lol. Uggghhh..Now i have nothing to stalk..but one lonely biscuit dog.. Still $125 at my store..

Went tonight, and our toys are still 30% off! I saw the rose cottage sink and washing machine, and I hope that they will still be there when it goes to 75% off.

What part of GA are you in because every Target near us(Gwinnett Co) is 50-75% off. Signs still say 30% but like everyone says we are scanning everthing.

I keep seeing the supply of the item I want in toys getting smaller and smaller..... I DON'T WANNA PAY $39.98!!! I wanna pay $19.98!!! :D

I hear ya!! There is about one aisle left of toys that are still 30% off. Everything that was 50% or 75% is gone. I still have my eyes on a few toys and hope they go down to 75% soon.