Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I filled my SUV today in warwick, RI, as they went 75% off. Bunch of stuff was still only 50 that I passed on- spike, smartcycle. FP dvd player still 30%.

I did score: spongebob dvd player 22.xx, graco smart interactive doll with all acessorries 12.48, star wars laptop 9.xx, polly pocket mall 12.48, bratz house 12.48, tons of vtech learning toys, lps 2 pack vips 2.48, step 2 patches horse rocker 7.xx, step 2 puppet theatre 17.xx, parents cash register 6.xx, word world toys, wall-e laptop 7.xx, and tons more- filled 2 carts over flowing. oh yeah, wowwee tribot for 24.xx! digi-wubbzy game, yo gabba gabba toys, I'm trying to remember it all.

I'm done Bday shopping for the year!!! I dropped $268.xx

They also had tons of clothes 75% off but nothing I needed/wanted. Baby stuff filled 1 aisle but all 30-50%, nothing a good enough deal!

Do you have the dcpi for the Sponge Bob dvd player? Thanks.

Are any of you recent posters from Pennsylvania? (not all locations are specified on your avatars.

Did any of you PA people score anything great deals?

Hi got some deals. There were only 2 shoppers when the store opened. And everything was still scanning 30%. So we waited and asked what was the deal. They kept telling us they were coming to mark everything down as soon as they were done in domestics. Then they had tons of people taking the clearance to the back(after we all filled out carts) 3 Hours and 12 angry shoppers later an employee came to say that they might not get to it today and that we needed to empty our carts and put everything on the shelves if we wanted it marked down!!!! Oh NO. Talk about upsetting the whole crowd. We all had been standing there for hours and no one said that to us. So one call to guest relations and 20 min later the head of the mark down dept told us to get lined up and they would mark our carts for us. Thank goodness!!!! By the time I got to the check out I had been waiting 3 hours and 45 min to get my deals. I was dissappointed that the Kid Tough DVD players were only 50% after all that though, and the Cabbage Patch dolls only went to 50%, and a lot of the Lightning McQueen stuff was still 50%. There was still some stuff coming up 30% and 50% and the rest was 75%. Of course they had to change the way they mark down the year I managed to get there early enough to get 2 dvd players---which I put back. Oh man.

I filled my SUV today in warwick, RI, as they went 75% off. Bunch of stuff was still only 50 that I passed on- spike, smartcycle. FP dvd player still 30%.

I did score: spongebob dvd player 22.xx, graco smart interactive doll with all acessorries 12.48, star wars laptop 9.xx, polly pocket mall 12.48, bratz house 12.48, tons of vtech learning toys, lps 2 pack vips 2.48, step 2 patches horse rocker 7.xx, step 2 puppet theatre 17.xx, parents cash register 6.xx, word world toys, wall-e laptop 7.xx, and tons more- filled 2 carts over flowing. oh yeah, wowwee tribot for 24.xx! digi-wubbzy game, yo gabba gabba toys, I'm trying to remember it all.

I'm done Bday shopping for the year!!! I dropped $268.xx

They also had tons of clothes 75% off but nothing I needed/wanted. Baby stuff filled 1 aisle but all 30-50%, nothing a good enough deal!

I bet I saw you there! I was at the Warwick store at 9:30 and filled my car too. I got some awesome stuff. Thinking of hitting the mall Target after work. I was hoping for the Smart Cycle too. If it is still there at 75% I'll grab it, but otherwise I can live without it.

Spent over 3 hours in my Target today- Got there at 9am. Saw a woman heading to her van. she has a cart over flowing with toys and get this- 2 employees following her with each having a cart load full. WOW.

Got a few things for myself, but did a shopping trip for my sister who is at work:

I got a air hockey table $34.98 (Almost didn't fit into my Vibe. ) Got only knows where IM hiding this until christmas.

Franklin pink bats/ball sets 3.74 each

U-Dance system $35.XX

Tinker-belle play set $6.58 (red tag was 17.48 but rang up 6.58. Heck I was buying it for the 17.xx price so I was happy.

Scrabble game 4.24

50 pack playdoh $5.xx

Skilz baseball practice set for my nephew regularly 39.99 and I got it for 14.98

cranium games x3 different 3.74 each

Nerf sets 3.98

disney princess dolls 14.98

Star wars potato head 1.98

My Life regularly $60 and I got it for 14.98 (my favorite purchase)

Littlest Pet Shop sets x2 @ 4.97 and a carrying case w/ 12 figures for 12.48

projector that plays movies, pics, etc in a dark room regularly 99.99 for 24.98

care bear 100 piece puzzles x2 @ .74

Huge jewelry armoire 29.98 for my daughter

Thats all I remember. I know I have several more bags to unload.

Edited by elena_398

Most of the toys at my target went 75% today. Thanks everyone for the heads up. I spent way too much money. I'm most excited about the 2 Our Generation dolls I got for $5.48 each. I also got a Little Tikes Buildin To Learn Workbench for $17.48 and a Step2 Deluxe Canyon Road Train & Track Table $24.98. Then I got a bunch of other stuff, but these were the ones I'm most pleased with.

Which Our Generation dolls are on clearance? None had tags last time I checked. I would love to get these for my little girls for Christmas.

I got to my store today and they were marking 30% to 50% and some 75%. The Globe I wanted was only 50% but I got it anyways. The Diji were still 40.?? so I didn't get one of them. I found TONS of toys between 1.00 and 3.00. I think I am set for the next two years. The only thing I couldn't find was the talking cash register for ds4. I am so glad I went in today. I know alot of you get alot of stuff at 75% but I was very happy to get what I did get. This saved me tons of money. Later I will tell you what all I got. I even had to drive in two inches of snow for 40 miles to get there (and I don't drive on snow)!! I was determined!

Steph

Hey, has anyone checked the N.N, Hampton or chesapeake stores yet? My dd is a little under the weather. Won't be able to check today!!

I haven't made it to any of those stores. With my son in preschool and my daughter having a doctor's appointment today I was only hit one store. I'm going to try to go to NN tonight and if I do I'll report back!

Which Our Generation dolls are on clearance? None had tags last time I checked. I would love to get these for my little girls for Christmas.

They had Our Generation Chill in the Air Jenny Doll & Our Generation Let it Snow Sandie. Their DCPI ##086090004

target north lafayette,la is marking down. most of the stuff is 75% off, a bit 50%, and some still 30% off. I got a few things that I was eyeing...6 toys and 2 pairs of shoes for $30. check the shoes if you need or want some...lots of pairs $5 or less. My store only had 2 train tables and they went quick for $19.99. Biscuit was still only 30%. No dvd players that I saw. Finally got the Littlest Pet Shop Advant Calendar for $3.xx :) Edited by mom2maddynsky27

Hi got some deals. There were only 2 shoppers when the store opened. And everything was still scanning 30%. So we waited and asked what was the deal. They kept telling us they were coming to mark everything down as soon as they were done in domestics. Then they had tons of people taking the clearance to the back(after we all filled out carts) 3 Hours and 12 angry shoppers later an employee came to say that they might not get to it today and that we needed to empty our carts and put everything on the shelves if we wanted it marked down!!!! Oh NO. Talk about upsetting the whole crowd. We all had been standing there for hours and no one said that to us. So one call to guest relations and 20 min later the head of the mark down dept told us to get lined up and they would mark our carts for us. Thank goodness!!!! By the time I got to the check out I had been waiting 3 hours and 45 min to get my deals. I was dissappointed that the Kid Tough DVD players were only 50% after all that though, and the Cabbage Patch dolls only went to 50%, and a lot of the Lightning McQueen stuff was still 50%. There was still some stuff coming up 30% and 50% and the rest was 75%. Of course they had to change the way they mark down the year I managed to get there early enough to get 2 dvd players---which I put back. Oh man.

Thanks for the info shoppingal. I am near Pgh. PA and I never get the stuff that the ladies on here find in their Target's unfortunately.....but I am going to try my closest Target tonight. I am hoping to find that things were marked down this afternoon.

Sorry you had such a frustrating time., I hope you managed to get a few good things.

(My Target often doesn't have stuff done on time/in time.

On Tuesdays--when new DVDs are released--they are never ready! They open at 8, I get there around 9 usually and they aren't on the shelves yet!)

I'd love one of the DVD players, they are way too much expensive to start with. :(

Only 1 of my 3 targets did the big 75% off toys! I got some great deals but the most exciting was the Play puppet show theatre for $17.48 (REG 79.99)! I was so excited!

Found cranium games for 3.74 and other fun art toys! My other target (KEMAH, TX) had 5 rows and end caps full of toys!! All most 30% off.... Iam waking up nice and early to tomorrow to see if they marked them.

I think that Colonial went this morning. "Ethan" was there this morning as they were tagging and got some GREAT deals!

probably everything i had to put back when they were no where around while i was there this morning. ugg! turns me into a grinch!

75% off here too, some things I haven't seen mentioned yet:

-Matchbox Mega Rig Space Shuttle $8.xx

-First Act Acoustic Guitar $8.xx

-Tonka Bounce Back Racer R/C Car (very excited about this one) $8.xx

-Mi Jam Studio Mike $6.xx

-Backyardigins playdough set $3.xx

It was funny I went to 3 Targets, the one right next to me was at 75% and had great deals, the second one a little further down the road went 75% on some stuff, but a lot of the stuff that I had just gotten at the other store for 75% was only 50% (and they had already done their markdowns). .... at the third store they had not gone 75% off at 2pm...

I hit Springfield, MO at lunch time and have an official report, for what's left. Two full aisles and every "inside" end cap have clearance toys. One side of one aisle 30%, two sides 50%, and one side 75%. Most end caps are still 50%. Didj Star Wars 30%, Kid Tough DVD 30%, Biscuit 50%. I scanned the GeoTrax airport as requested and it was full price, $44 I think. No more puppet theaters and the Smores was gone. The 75% off stuff was very picked over. I asked a girl working in the department if they would have further markdowns or bring anything else out today and she said no. But low and behold, 30 minutes later, a cart came out of the back with clearance stuff on it. Found 2 Playmobile sets, an Imaginext castle set, and a Step 2 work bench that were all 75% off.

OK.. just got back from one of the best Target trips as far as clearance stuff, but it was the worst for customer service!

In Kannapolis, NC Most of the toys are 75% They had 5 rows, but as I was there they were moving it down to 2 rows.. or at least trying to.

The people in the toys department were very helpful!

I got:

Star Wars Emperial Falcon 34.98 - 75% Thank to a lady who put it back because she did not want it! whoo hoo!!!!

Hot Wheels dino set 9.98 - 75%

Lazer game. Not really sure what this is by DS9 wants it 6.24 - 75%

Crainium Zooreka - 2.98 - 75%

Cosmic Catch Keep away - 3.98 - 75%

Nerf dart board - 3.98 - 75%

Bionicle Leggo set - 12.48 - 75%

Neo leggo or mega block set 1.74 - 75%

Playmobile Knights set 2.48 - 75%

Electronic Phase 10 6.48 - 50% off but we are going on a trip and need it did not want to wait.

There were tons of stuff still left. Lots of magnetics, but decided against those.

Now.. I also bought a few groceries....

I go to check out and the lady in front of me has all her clearance clothes ring up wrong. I should have known to switch lanes. They called someone over to help and they entered it manually so it was all good.

Then she rings us my groceries and goes to ring up my toys. Well the toys doe not ring up right so she has to manually enter them all in. She is very frustraited and seems to be rushing. She called a bunch of people over and told them they had to figure out what was going on that none of the clearance was ringing up right. Still no problem... she is correcting all the wrong prices.... Then we get to the nerf dart board...

the sticker price says it was 39.99 and was now 19.99 50% - well I scanned the dart board and it was 3.98. First the wrong sticker had been placed on it.. no big deal, but since everything is not scanning correct her register comes up as 11.18. She said.. well, that is good, it is cheaper than what it is marked. I sad.. no it is 3 something. I could not remember the change.. She said sorry, I can not do that. I told her it rang up fine on the price scanners in the store. She said that was not possible. I asked if I could have a manager scan it.. She gets all flustered and said well, I am a manager. I said, well I promise you it did not ring up 11.18... it rang up 3 something. Well at this point there are 2 other managers there.. one girl takes my toys and starts scanning them at another register and all the prices come up right so they determine that it is the register. She then says that the nerf thing rings up 3.98. I said.. yes, I tried to tell her that and she said she would not give it to me for any less than 11.18. The first manager yells at me and said, what do you expect you said it rang up 3 somthing. I can not go on three something. I was floored. A different manager took me to a different lane and rang me up and apologized. I told him it was fine.. I could tell she was flustered. He said, well, that is putting it nicely.

UGH.. I was so frustraited. I understand that she was stressed, but she should not have yelled at me. I do not expect them to go off my word but I do expect when I tell them it is not ringing up correctly to at least check it out. It was obvious there was a problem.

anywho... I am happy with what I got!

I'm not a regular shopper at Target but I did notice last night they have on their doors that if they make a mistake pricing/ringing up something (or something to that effect) that they will give it to you for free. I wonder when does that actually apply?? Because I had a similar situation yesterday with some "Cars" stickers that had a red clearance sticker on them but when I scanned them they were ringing full price. Now I know the employee who put the sticker on there made a mistake and these stickers were not clearanced (so this was actually to my benefit) but when I asked my hubby (regular Target shopper) yesterday about it he told me they should have given that to me for free, cause they had made a mistake.. But obiously I never asked them to do that, I was just happy I got those stickers for half price..

I don't think there is anyone from around here but....the Homewood, Illinois Target is making a big, great, wonderful mistake! My friend is a manager there so I knew they were marked down to 75% but I couldn't get there until lunchtime (this happens to be the Target closest to work, not home) so when I went at 1pm there were 2 1/2 aisles (not as much as the other Target I had already been to) of mess-but great finds. This happens to be a Target doing the "extra 30% off of clearance clothes" so I loaded up. While I was checking out the cashier took an extra 30% off of everything, not just clothes! I 'fessed up and told her I thought that sale was just on clothes and she said "oh, no it's on all clearance" I was so excited I danced all the way to my car. Of course when I called my manager friend and told her what her employees were doing she was very upset and has probably stopped it---but at least I got away with it!!

That would have made me soo mad shoppingal. Cabbage patch dolls went 75% here.. but i had no need for them. It's funny how certain stores do things.

I know---it doesn't make sense. Just like one person found the DVD players for 75%, I found it for 50%, and others are still 30%.

And I plan on going back tomorrow since the took about 8 pallets of clearance to mark down in the back, which I bet will not be ready for tomorrow. The workers were pretty upset they had to mark each of our carts and start tagging the toys for all of us since they were in the middle of marking down Domestics and that there were a lot of people still trying to organize the toy area for the re-set.