Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

No go on the 75% on toys. Did find some $1.00 toddler clothes. All are toys are 30% off. I got brave and asked a guy when they would mark the toys down more and he said they NEVER go more than 30% off. So either he doesn't know what he is talking about or this may be why I can't find the deals you guys find.lol

I know Target is great with clearances and whatever.. but is this even legal? Them telling something to customers which is untrue?? Everyone knows not to call Target cause you will never get the right answer.. I don't know that's not really the kind of business that gives me Warms and Fuzzies..

I'm getting tired of going to Target a zillion times to see if the clearance has started and now on top of it I might need to go a few times a day??? That's just silly. I understand the whole thing about keeping a secret all of these great deals but one would have hoped to get a TRUE answer when the sale is already happening...

Are they really trying to make money or just have bad mgmt or something?? It really makes me wonder when I see all those things marked-down to 50-75% yet the signs still say 15-30%. Now if it were me I would have put HUGE SIGNS with the highest % and have mostly toys marked-down at the lowest percent. Don't you want to advertise the sale and then get the most money.. Now, Target is forced to keep marking down because no one knows about the Sales.. I mean it's fabulous for us GottaDealers but really makes me wonder about them!!

Sorry for the vent, I'm just really not in a mood to go to Target yet again tonight after I have already spent there all my morning..

Guest mzannetti

I need to learn this whole 75% off toy and clothes thing.

Here are some questions I have.

Do the toys or clothes ever get marked down to 90% like the christmas items?

Does it include most toys or only a select variety? If select variety any tips on figuring out what items?

Where have the $1 clothes items been found?

Are the clothes just random or are they organized?

Trying to learn. Thanks.

hey...i checked coupons.com but cannot find the Didj coupon (and i'd love to use it tomorrow!), does anyone have a link to the coupon itself? TIA!

I rechecked too and it is gone. I printed it off last week or so thinking I might be able to use it for clearance....glad I did :D

Does it include most toys or only a select variety? If select variety any tips on figuring out what items?

Trying to learn. Thanks.

-I'm not sure about 90%

-It is a select variety of toys and they can vary by store. If you go back to your toy dept., you will see 2-4 aisles that are nothing but clearance toys and they all have red stickers on them. At my store today, you had to actually look at the red sticker to find the items that were 75% off as the large hanging signs still said 30%. Keep reading the posts on here to get an idea of what everyone is finding.

-I found the $1 or less clothes in the baby/toddler section folded on tables. The tables had signs that said 75% off. Mostly they were Hanes Sweats and Circo long sleeve t-shirts.

-The clothes here were pretty organized but you may want to look at the tag of something you are interested in because some items were on 30% racks but actually marked 50-75%.

HTH!!!

Guest mzannetti

-I'm not sure about 90%

-It is a select variety of toys and they can vary by store. If you go back to your toy dept., you will see 2-4 aisles that are nothing but clearance toys and they all have red stickers on them. At my store today, you had to actually look at the red sticker to find the items that were 75% off as the large hanging signs still said 30%. Keep reading the posts on here to get an idea of what everyone is finding.

-I found the $1 or less clothes in the baby/toddler section folder on tables. The tables had signs that said 75% off. Mostly they were Hanes Sweats and Circo long sleeve t-shirts.

-The clothes here were pretty organized but you may want to look at the tag of something you are interested in because some items were on 30% racks but actually marked 50-75%.

HTH!!!

Thanks. I will check it out on the way home from work.

Trying to learn. Thanks.

Only SEASONAL items occasionally are marked down to 90%. Regular items like toys, clothes, toiletries, towels, electronics etc are never marked below 75% and sometimes not below 50%.

Some toys are clearanced. And if you are seeing toys at 30% off now, those are that ones that will go further.

$1 clothes...must be a store that had a lot of stock...most times clothes only go 75% but as some members have reported, some stores have offered an addl 30% the clearanced price. Perhaps those run around a dollar.

Typically clearanced clothes are gathered together on rounders and a large red sign with the percentage off is put on the top of the rounder. They are typically found near the back of the clothing area.

Everyone knows not to call Target cause you will never get the right answer.. I don't know that's not really the kind of business that gives me Warms and Fuzzies..

Oh man do I feel the same way. I spent 11 minutes on hold this morning, and I knew all along that they would never give me a straight answer.

I just happened to go to Target in State College, PA today on way home from a meeting. I was floored how many racks clothing they had 75% off + an extra 30% off. I got at least 8 pairs of shoes for all 3 of my kids for under $3 a pair! The only bad thing was the cashier had to manually deduct the extra 30%. I got pjs for next winter for less than $3 a pair too. I asked the manager (he is the one who set me up in line and helped me take all the hangers off my stuff) how long this is going on and he said 'all week, maybe longer if corporate allows'. Needless to say I walked out of there with a $200 receipt so I was tickled with those savings!

Oh man do I feel the same way. I spent 11 minutes on hold this morning, and I knew all along that they would never give me a straight answer.

You have to remember that the person you are calling is not in that department and are performing a job of their own. It is impossible for them to know of all the sales in the store while they are working. I have been checking out and the cashier is floored by a deal so it is not always possible for all team members to know the exact price at all times.

Clearance items are very much YMMV...you never know what you may or may not find.

Hi all...this is my first post, but I must thank you all because I have been lurking on this thread for a few days waiting for this sale!!! You all ROCK. Anyway, I went to two Targets today. One had almost all of their toys 75% off and the other had EVERYTHING still at 30%. The lady at the second one said probably tomorrow since other stores are already at 75%. I'm in Kansas City if that helps anyone. (Greatland on Sh Mis. Pkway was the one already on 75%).

I am dying for this other one to go down to 75% b/c they still have a Smart Cycle and a Dora Tricycle that I'm eyeing.

We got to Target at like 8:45. The employees were all being great as it was very busy. The only problem was the shopping pair that had three of the flat bed carts stacks high of toys and two carts stacked. They of course were there at opening but were very very rude and taking seven or eight of everything. They took up lots of room with all their carts and such also.

We got to Target at like 8:45. The employees were all being great as it was very busy. The only problem was the shopping pair that had three of the flat bed carts stacks high of toys and two carts stacked. They of course were there at opening but were very very rude and taking seven or eight of everything. They took up lots of room with all their carts and such also.

I have heard that Toys for Tots, Firemen and Police officers shop this sale to stock up for next Christmas and to hand out toys to children in traumas. Not saying this is what they were doing, but I hope it was.

Hi all...this is my first post, but I must thank you all because I have been lurking on this thread for a few days waiting for this sale!!! You all ROCK. Anyway, I went to two Targets today. One had almost all of their toys 75% off and the other had EVERYTHING still at 30%. The lady at the second one said probably tomorrow since other stores are already at 75%. I'm in Kansas City if that helps anyone. (Greatland on Sh Mis. Pkway was the one already on 75%).

I am dying for this other one to go down to 75% b/c they still have a Smart Cycle and a Dora Tricycle that I'm eyeing.

I am so bummed as I am stuck at work. I swear I am sick to my stomach, as that is my target (SMPKWY and 435 in western shawnee? correct?) Ugh, I hit this sale last year and with 3 kids, it was a Godsend. How is the inventory looking, because by the time I get off work and to the Target it will be almost 6:30? THanks for posting!!!!! Anyone else in the Kansas City Area know what 'our' targets are doing?

Here in Montana LOL The toys said 30% and there was no one there so I did scan the Holiday Barbie (this is for me since I collect them) and she was indeed 30% off. It was eerily quiet in our store today. The clearance clothes and shoes all had the 30% off sign, I got a few men's clothes, xmas pj's woman's that were 50% off but with extra 30%-good with that, jacket that I returned just 20 mins before-I rebought at 75% off plus the 30% extra so great juniors plaid jacket with fur trim for $7.xx. Also found xbox360 Guitar Hero Legends of Rock for $24.98 which is 75% off, my son got an xbox for Christmas and has GHlegends for playstation but worth it for the wireless guitars.

I have heard that Toys for Tots, Firemen and Police officers shop this sale to stock up for next Christmas and to hand out toys to children in traumas. Not saying this is what they were doing, but I hope it was.

Man, our Toys for Tots should hire me to go in there on the clearance days LOL BTW, our store was stuffed with toys, there should be enough for anyone who shops clearance, there were bunches of many things that I saw everyone talking about this Christmas.