Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Same type of activity going on at the ST on Chipman Road today in KC. Aisles packed with toys being moved around. Some going to 1/2 (S'mores Pony - $99, Smart Cycle - $49.xx, etc.) But most still at 30%.

I did find a Christmas goodie... Two of these were just hanging out in amoungst the books. I thought I remembered someone talking about them on here, so I scanned them and yup, $2.xx each. Nice for my daughter's (Olivia) birthday in February.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51hecHy%2BV4L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Also did find only one of these and thought 1/2 price was good enough... It's a Target exclusive and was $12.xx down from $25...includes 12 petshops, which I thought was pretty good for that price. They are unique ones too.

http://app4.sellersourcebook.com/users/13539/001_1229990493.jpg

OK, finally touched base with my neighbor. He talked with his boss and there is NO word for corporate yet about the mark-down. His boss said they might not even do the mark-down this year because of the economy (I dont buy this AT ALL since there were 5 aisles of toys neatly arranged at 30%).

Gotta say, they are so full of it. The mark down information comes through to the mark down team on their PDAs from corporate. They don't know the day ahead of time what is going to be marked down. I have gotten to know the team at my primary store pretty well, and they really don't have any reason to lie to me. I buy them coffee and pastries from time to time, and they are very friendly. They have told me that they get surprised a lot of times expecting something to get marked down on a particular schedule, and it doesn't happen. Or it gets marked down faster than usual. So, honestly, I don't think anyone at the store level has any more idea than we do when it will be marked down.

Also did find only one of these and thought 1/2 price was good enough... It's a Target exclusive and was $12.xx down from $25...includes 12 petshops, which I thought was pretty good for that price. They are unique ones too.

Do you happen to have the DPCI? I bought one for a gift back at full price, but can't find the receipt. I'd like to try tracking another one or two down.

Gotta say, they are so full of it. The mark down information comes through to the mark down team on their PDAs from corporate. They don't know the day ahead of time what is going to be marked down. I have gotten to know the team at my primary store pretty well, and they really don't have any reason to lie to me. I buy them coffee and pastries from time to time, and they are very friendly. They have told me that they get surprised a lot of times expecting something to get marked down on a particular schedule, and it doesn't happen. Or it gets marked down faster than usual. So, honestly, I don't think anyone at the store level has any more idea than we do when it will be marked down.

Yep, they do get surprised. I remember loading up my cart with 4th of July clothes when they went to 90%. The signs were at 75%, so I just scanned to make sure they were 90%. The manager was at the front when I checked out--he was visibly stunned that they had gone to 90%--he didn't know!

I found someone on another site who has an insider friend and this was her post from last night (seems to be right on:)

I talked w/friend last night.She is off today and will call me tomorrow, but she didn't think toys were going 75%.She said maybe more toys going 1 st. markdown - 30%- but will let you know for sure. Hardly any toys went clearance the week of Christmas-not like other years when we had aisles and aisles of clearance...The Christmas toy week clearance used to take an overnight of 8-9 hrs. and lots of helpers to finish. This time only a couple of people and done in 7 hrs....only 3 endcaps of toy clearance now, so maybe a new batch of 30% (heavy) will be sent down this week. I know sometimes during very heavy clearance weeks the company would mix up days(toys is supposed to be on Thurs) but they would put it in either Weds. or Fri. workload All I know is this is the start of heavy clearance throughout store!

She is posting and keeping everyone updated every time she talks to her friend (who works for Target) so I'll update everyone on here if I read something new...

I wonder about that mix up days schedule though... Does that mean this sale could happen on Friday (tomorrow??) I really want to know if it is or it isn't since I might be stocking the Old Navy's sale tomorrow. I guess no one knows if that one will happen either...

Edit: I should mention that this is from Cincinnati website...

Edited by arelf27

I keep forgetting to mention that one of the Kone & Kurv vacuums are on sale. Bought the Kurv last year and found it was a piece of junk with no suction to speak of, but others on here liked it. However, to Marypat58, everyone who bought the broom last year seemed to think it was useless. If anyone feels otherwise, please feel free to correct me, but that was what was generally posted.

I am one of the avid DD broom haters. However, I just bought a Kurv on clearance. I figured I would return it if I didn't like it, and I needed a hand vac anyway to touch up. It's ok. Nothing special. It's kind of loud, I guess. I haven't had a hand vac in a long time. It sucks up dog hair very well. I don't know about much else, but that's ok. I hate dragging the dyson out every day so this is more convenient. I really wanted a dyson hand vac but 6 minutes max until charge? no way.

So I went back this afternoon and toys were still at 30%. I was wishing. Overheard a manager say they still had pallets of toys in back and that they were to continue condensing the aisles today and tomorrow.

I did find infant boy and girl converse on clearance for $3.74. That is 75% off. Only the converse, not the other infants shoes.

... Does that mean this sale could happen on Friday (tomorrow??) I really want to know if it is or it isn't since I might be stocking the Old Navy's sale tomorrow. I guess no one knows if that one will happen either...

Edit: I should mention that this is from Cincinnati website...

I am pretty certain that this week is just to get the toy department reset... condensing clearance and possibly marking a few things. I believe that the sale will happen next week.

That said, this is definitely a different year for retailers, and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Target did make a change to how they handle this particular toy clearance. I mean seriously if I were Target I would never make the toy prices jump from 30% to 75% without going to 1/2 price at all. There are a lot of those toys that would sell at 1/2 price. To me, they are giving up a lot by rushing this clearance. I also don't know that I've seen markdown teams go into an area one week after another. I saw markdown teams working at the Target I was in this morning. Seems odd that they would then go in and do it again next week. Not that they won't, but mostly the markdowns happen once every 2-3 weeks, not one week after another. But, I realize that after Christmas toys is sort of an exception, so I'm banking on next week unless Target has a complete change in what they decide to do based on their sales (or lack of).

I saw a lot of kids' shoes and boots on clearance for 30-75% off a couple days ago. Are they all 75% now? If so I need to fit in a trip to Target tonight.

All shoes were still only 30% by me today. I scanned a few pairs (including boots) to make sure and they were still scanning at only 30% off.

I want to get my kids winter boots for next year when they go 75% off. Last year I bought for me two youngest. Could not find the size I wanted for my oldest. When I had to go buy him boots this year I paid $30.00. that was depressing. I hate paying full price for anything.

My plan this year is to buy a few different sizes. It will still be cheaper than buying one at full price. Then which ever ones dont fit him I will pass on to my nephew. I have four newphews that are close in age to my son.

I saw a lot of kids' shoes and boots on clearance for 30-75% off a couple days ago. Are they all 75% now? If so I need to fit in a trip to Target tonight.

Went today and only saw boots for 50% off.

Toddler Winter Coats are between 50% and 75% off.

As far as the toy clearance, I went to a store today and they seriously had 3 aisles FULL from top to bottom, plus 3 endcaps FULL of stuff! Make sure everyone remembers, even if your store looks like they don't have a lot, I bet they have a ton in the back. I remember last year there was pallets of stuff coming out from the back room at many of the Targets I went to. My guess is this store had the room to put them on the shelves so they did. Other ones I have went to did not have as much out.

Last year the Target I go to went 30% - 75% on toys, so I thought I would check it out today, no such luck. The markdown team was working toys but only marking them 50%off. I did find 2 Dora tricycles at 75% off I got them for $10.74 each. Since I had time I went through the store and found some other good buys:

Relish tray set -$4.98

3 tier dish - $4.98

Beverage Dispense shaped like a globe - $4.98

Little girl shoes black dress -$1.98

jewelry box - $2.49

Overall I had a good day, lots of Xmas gifts for next year. I am thinking that toys will be at 75% next week as they had 4 aisles full of toys and endcaps overflowing.

Jewelry Armoire -$19.98

Last year the Target I go to went 30% - 75% on toys, so I thought I would check it out today, no such luck. The markdown team was working toys but only marking them 50%off. I did find 2 Dora tricycles at 75% off I got them for $10.74 each. Since I had time I went through the store and found some other good buys:

Relish tray set -$4.98

3 tier dish - $4.98

Beverage Dispense shaped like a globe - $4.98

Little girl shoes black dress -$1.98

jewelry box - $2.49

Overall I had a good day, lots of Xmas gifts for next year. I am thinking that toys will be at 75% next week as they had 4 aisles full of toys and endcaps overflowing.

Jewelry Armoire -$19.98

What were the dora tricycles that you found? Do you have a number?

At my Target they have about 20 big plastic playsets (like the Little Tykes--I think they are Step 2 or something). They have been at 30% for about a month now and I have only seen a few move. They are originally $200 or so. I have never seen big items like this included in the toy clearance-has anyone else?

Here's the name of it "Little Tikes Picnic on the Patio Playhouse" originally $229.99

Edited by dramaqueen72500

I too was at Target(Opelika) at 8 am. Lots of toys and markdown buggies but no associates with them.I got a few scanned and still only 30%. I did find

Monopoly Express-.99 was 9.99-90%

Clue Express -.99 was 9.99-90%

Gobs of Scotch tape .19 -90%

Camp Rock clock w/MP3 dock-4.98 -75%

Hannah Montana Gift box w/jewelry box/frame and mirror-4.98 -75%

At my Target they have about 20 big plastic playsets (like the Little Tykes--I think they are Step 2 or something). They have been at 30% for about a month now and I have only seen a few move. They are originally $200 or so. I have never seen big items like this included in the toy clearance-has anyone else?

Here's the name of it "Little Tikes Picnic on the Patio Playhouse" originally $229.99

Absolutely. They have the big S'Mores pony on clearance too.

how much was the Kurv?

I think it was 24.99 (50% off). It was the Champagne color. I would have waited for the price to drop more but I really needed something! They also had the hard floor thing, the broom, and the Kone at 50%.

I went today and the toys are still at 30%. There is only two aisles of toys. We only have one target in my city so I don't think there will be as much as everyone is talking about at my store. I did find the Christmas storage stuff ...including some rubber maid stuff getting marked down by 30%. I picked up two big containers for ornaments for 4.99.

I am in south texas.

the special packaging ones that came out a bit before Christmas. There are 2 different 2 packs of the medium/large ones, and 2 different packs of 5 small ones.

:eek: Oh crap, I came really close to getting some of those for DS5 but didn't want to pay full price for them. I guess he's getting Transformers for his b-day in March. Thanks for the tip:D

I got some MEGA deals today.

Thought the Xmas stuff would be gone. A veyr small small section.... but they had all these car cleaning kits... Armorall and Turtle Wax gift sets that come in a bag. $1.99 for the Amorall and $2.99 for the turtle wax.

Also some mini fridge cooler/warmer ( i guess it plugs into the car) $3.00

I also found some of those 3m hooks for $1.19

There was a lady there who almost hyperventilated she got so excited.. it was almost embarassing really....people were laughing at her. she was on the phone ansd she couldnt catch her breathe... she proceeded to tell everyone she took Mon/Tues off just to look for 90% stuff... thats a bit much....

They were removing a BUNCH of toys and packagaing up for return it looked like.

Finally picked up the Barbie Advent. It was 75% off at $4.xx. Unfortunately, the LPS advents are still ringing up at $10.xx. So random!

I noticed, at my Target, that even though ALL the signs said 30% off, there were still things on those shelves that were 50% or 75% off. The red stickers ON the item were correct though so I just ended up looking at everything on the shelves very closely -that's how I snagged the Barbie Advent. There were still a lot of them left.

So does anyone think the 75% off will happen during the weekend? That would really suck! Our Targets are PACKED on the weekends so it would hurt those of us that make the early morning weekday trips. People that are there just to shop would find out about all the deals! booooo!!

Finally picked up the Barbie Advent. It was 75% off at $4.xx. Unfortunately, the LPS advents are still ringing up at $10.xx. So random!

I noticed, at my Target, that even though ALL the signs said 30% off, there were still things on those shelves that were 50% or 75% off. The red stickers ON the item were correct though so I just ended up looking at everything on the shelves very closely -that's how I snagged the Barbie Advent. There were still a lot of them left.

So does anyone think the 75% off will happen during the weekend? That would really suck! Our Targets are PACKED on the weekends so it would hurt those of us that make the early morning weekday trips. People that are there just to shop would find out about all the deals! booooo!!

I think I read somewhere that price adjusters only work Mon through Fri but not sure how correct that info is. I thought Christmas clearance went to 90% on Sat. or Sun in some stores??