Playstation 3 $249.99 @ SonyStyle.com

poopoohead

Get a PLAYSTATION®3 for as low as $249.99

Apply now for the PlayStation® Card, be instantly approved and for a limited time receive a $150 card credit when you purchase a PLAYSTATION®3 system at SonyStyle.com or by calling 877-865-SONY (7669) with your new PlayStation Card1. Plus, with the new PlayStation Card, you'll have no annual fee and full Visa® Platinum benefits2.

Reduced pricing based on purchase of PS3 at the $399 MSRP for 80GB. Does not include tax or shipping and handling fees.

1. PlayStation Card is issued by Chase Bank USA, NA, and is subject to credit approval. To qualify for this offer, you must apply for your new PlayStation Card by 12/31/08. In some instances an application may require additional processing, in which case instant approval will be unavailable. To qualify for the $150 card credit, you MUST purchase a PLAYSTATION 3 system with your new PlayStation Card ("PS3 Purchase") at an authorized Sony retailer such as Sony Style store and SonyStyle.com. Complete instructions will be sent upon your approval for the PlayStation Card via email. To receive card credit, your account must be opened by 01/31/2009 and PS3 Purchase must be made by 03/07/2009. Card credit will be posted to your PlayStation Card Statement within 8-12 weeks after PS3 Purchase. This promotional offer is available to new PlayStation Card accounts only and only one $150 card credit may be earned per PlayStation Card account. Existing PlayStation Card account holders or accounts are not eligible.

2. Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply.

I'm in the market for a PS3 and I was so excited for this until I read the fine print:

- must be approved for card

- Ps3 must be purchased at a Sony site at full price ( not including taxes and S&H)

- Card credit will be posted to your PlayStation Card Statement within 8-12 weeks after PS3

Purchase.

The fine print is fairly generic.

point 1 is obvious

point 2 hopefully you can get a line of credit for more than 400 dollars, 150 of that will be credited back to the card during the second billing cycle. Then simply pay off the card and close it.

I've done this twice with similiar offers and it's always worked out. Of course you need to stop your urge of racking up everything in sight at the Sony store once you get approved.

It was the lowest offer I had found anywhere. :)

Its a personal preference, but I'm not a huge fan of opening / closing credit cards. But I got a 80gb PS3 for my boyfriend for about $280 by going through live.com and getting 30% back on a buy it now purchase on ebay. I also got Metal Gear with it. I had to wait 60 days for my cash back, but it is now back in my paypal account so I'm really glad I did it.

I have done this offer through Amazon. It just so happened that we needed to get a Visa card. I ended up getting the PS3 for $249 with the Risistance 2 Collectors Edition and the full set of AV cables. Poopoohead is right!!! It is difficult to resist the urge to purchase more ps3 items!!!! Amazon also had the controller for $40.?? which I thought was really good.

I got my card but I am trying to go cheap as possible. I found the place I am going to get it from. They participate in live.com, but the ps3 does not come up in the search. The only thing it says is that it is that I will earn 2.5 - 8% cashback on qualifying purchases. Who can I ask and actually get an answer back other than an 'I don't know'? Is the whole store eligible? Or just specific items?

If you seriously use this deal, you should do anything but cancel the credit card right after you buy/pay it off. Seriously, if you found it hard to apply for a $400 credit line because of your credit score, good luck even applying for anything else that uses your credit score after you open/close the credit card account within a one year period.

When was this sale?? recently?

I remember seeing that sale, or something similar, a week before thanksgiving (online only). And I think there was another one also, a month or so before then. No real explanation why.

If more retailers did stuff like this, PS3 sales would be booming. It's working for XBOX apparently.