Amazon Prime Question- shipping times?

Okay, this is not really a complaint as the only reason that I got the free month of Prime is so that when the 'Hot' toy deals start I can just click - click order without having to build up to $25 for FSS. But I do have a question about this supposed two day shipping. First off I know from experience that the estimated delivery date on the Amazon page is not always accurate. To get the correct date you have go directly to he shipper. Now when I first signed up for prime I ordered something. They said it would arrive in two days and it did (ordered on Sunday came on Tuesday). Both UPS and Amazon showed the same thing. So anyway I ordered several small packages over the past weekend starting last Friday. Amazon says stuff I ordered Friday should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. Stuff that was ordered the same day they say is coming on two different days? That is the first mystery. Now I go to UPS to check it out and it shows everything arriving on Wednesday. Now some stuff was sent two day air and some ground. With PRIME are they not supposed to send everything two day air? So anyway, stuff I ordered Friday says it is coming Wed, stuff I ordered Saturday is coming Wednesday, stuff I ordered a matter of a half-hour ago SAYS it is coming Wednesday (according to Amazon-UPS has not even picked it up). Perhaps this was all fouled up because of the holiday. So I guess what I would like to know is this--What does two day shipping actually mean? Again, not that I am complaining, I mean we used wait 6-8 weeks for mail order stuff. I think Amazon is great. I just would like to know as it gets closer to Christmas how much wiggle room I have with my shipping times.

Mine always arrive on time, if not early. :yup: In fact, today, I tracked most of my packages ordered on BF were scanned at my local UPS depot very early this morning. I figured they would arrive early today, but UPS didn't update to "out for delivery" all day. So, I went grocery shopping, only to come home & find 1/2 of my orders sitting on the step waiting. UPS was behind on their tracking, the slackers! :tongue1: (I'm just kidding, I love my UPS peeps!)

I have been wondering this, I am also on a Prime trial right now. I ordered something on Saturday, it's supposed to arrive Wednesday, but it hasn't shipped yet.

Do you think it will get here by the two-day deadline?

:yup: I think that it's 2 days from the shipping date, though, not necessarily the order date. I've occasionally (sp?) had a package not ship right away, but it was always here w/in the two days after shipping. Edited by Crue2001

Okay, this is not really a complaint as the only reason that I got the free month of Prime is so that when the 'Hot' toy deals start I can just click - click order without having to build up to $25 for FSS. But I do have a question about this supposed two day shipping. First off I know from experience that the estimated delivery date on the Amazon page is not always accurate. To get the correct date you have go directly to he shipper. Now when I first signed up for prime I ordered something. They said it would arrive in two days and it did (ordered on Sunday came on Tuesday). Both UPS and Amazon showed the same thing. So anyway I ordered several small packages over the past weekend starting last Friday. Amazon says stuff I ordered Friday should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. Stuff that was ordered the same day they say is coming on two different days? That is the first mystery. Now I go to UPS to check it out and it shows everything arriving on Wednesday. Now some stuff was sent two day air and some ground. With PRIME are they not supposed to send everything two day air? So anyway, stuff I ordered Friday says it is coming Wed, stuff I ordered Saturday is coming Wednesday, stuff I ordered a matter of a half-hour ago SAYS it is coming Wednesday (according to Amazon-UPS has not even picked it up). Perhaps this was all fouled up because of the holiday. So I guess what I would like to know is this--What does two day shipping actually mean? Again, not that I am complaining, I mean we used wait 6-8 weeks for mail order stuff. I think Amazon is great. I just would like to know as it gets closer to Christmas how much wiggle room I have with my shipping times.

i hope this will help u with some of this.. i placed two orders back to back of the same product. then relized my second one did not go threw. so i reordered it again about an hr after the first one this was wednesday. i got the first one on friday and the next one came today. reason i think is if u read it says if u order by . that is the only thing i can think of was it was to late to send out . like the pick up was already done. i usually get my stuff in two days. now some of or most of the stuff i ordered said tuesday and most of it came today . usually its buisness days . im thinking due to the holiday they are working ot and there for they get sent out a day sooner. not 100% sure but that is what im thinking .

I have been wondering this, I am also on a Prime trial right now. I ordered something on Saturday, it's supposed to arrive Wednesday, but it hasn't shipped yet.

Do you think it will get here by the two-day deadline?

I'm also on the trial. I ordered Saturday and received it yesterday!!!

ok you all ease my fears of Prime...lol....I can FORSURE CANCEL it before my 30 days are up and I wont be charged the price of prime...which is what?......and if I do PRIME can I order one item at a time not matter how much in one day?say like find something and order it and go back to shop and find something else with in a relatively short period of time....

somebody please help me with these questions...lol

Well I have no idea what's going with their Prime shipping. I have 2 packages that say the delivery date is today and yet they aren't out for delivery. I also got 2 packages yesterday that were supposed to be delivered today. I also have another package that says tomorrow's date for delivery but it hasn't even been shipped yet, I could still change or cancel the order even. Grrrrr, this is frustrating!

ok you all ease my fears of Prime...lol....I can FORSURE CANCEL it before my 30 days are up and I wont be charged the price of prime...which is what?......and if I do PRIME can I order one item at a time not matter how much in one day?say like find something and order it and go back to shop and find something else with in a relatively short period of time....

somebody please help me with these questions...lol

If the item has free shipping with Prime you can do a tiny order of only $3 and not get charged shipping for it and do that as many times as you want. You can go into your account and under "settings" click "manage Prime membership" and look at the top on the far left where it says "renew membership automatically" or something along those lines you click the "do not automatically upgrade" button. I am paraphrasing here since I already did it I can't tell you exactly what it says, but it's pretty close. Hope that helps you! :)

on the prime trial...

i have the invite to try prime. but i only see it when i am trying to check out. is there a way to set up the trial that is not on the checkout screen?

In the Amazon search bar do a search for Amazon Prime free trial and you can do it through there.

If the item has free shipping with Prime you can do a tiny order of only $3 and not get charged shipping for it and do that as many times as you want. You can go into your account and under "settings" click "manage Prime membership" and look at the top on the far left where it says "renew membership automatically" or something along those lines you click the "do not automatically upgrade" button. I am paraphrasing here since I already did it I can't tell you exactly what it says, but it's pretty close. Hope that helps you! :)

Should I wait until the end of the membership to turn off the upgrade option? Or will I still get my free 30 day trial if I turn it off now?

Thanks so much for this info! It sure is helpful!