regarding the black friday site & forums...

Brad

Another update:

Now that the online versions of the store's Black Friday sales are over with, we have "archived" the Black Friday site and are now redirecting people who go to the BF site to our main year-round GottaDeal.com online deals site. If you still want to view the old Black Friday site to check out the ads, you can access it here:

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/home.php

We'll keep that site up as it is for several more months until we start to prepare for Black Friday 2009. The various interactive elements (shopping list, contact/ad submission forms) have been turned off.

The ad scans are still available here: http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/AdScans

We'll leave those up only for a few more weeks, so if you want to "collect" them and save them to your computer, do so in the next week or two. We may add a "gallery" of past year's ads to next years BF sites for the major stores.

We've also moved the Black Friday-only threads from the Online Black Friday Sales sub-forum to their individual store forums. We renamed that forum to Online Cyber Monday Sales and the threads left are for sales still valid on Monday. We'll be adding more Cyber Monday sale info as we receive it.

Next week, we'll also close that particular sub-forum and all further online deals will be posted in the main Online Hot Deals forum at the top of the forum listing.

As I mentioned in the first post of this thread, we'll keep the rest of the BF forums open for another month or so before archiving them all as we've done the last 4 years. We'll then have 5 full years of archived BF discussion available to browse.

Thanks Brad and Mods. I got most of what I needed/wanted and was even able to price match at our Walmart! (if I hadn't read the post, I wouldn't have fought with the store manager)

Love the site all year long - especially since I'm still searching for a laptop.... :D

With 95% of Cyber Monday sales now over, we've closed that forum and moved those threads to the "Expired Deals" sub-forum of the Online Hot Deals forum.

Now, for all of the latest hot deals, check out the main Online Hot Deals forum here:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

It's by far the most popular board on here and along with the main GottaDeal.com site is where you'll find the best deals all year long.

As mentioned before, the BF and Holiday boards will stay open until around Christmas before being archived.

I too want to give a big thanks to all that work hard to keep this board running. I also check it all year long and wait in anticipation for those first BF ads. I appreciate all that you do and look forward to another year of deals in 2009.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.