Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Who Got The Samsung Digital 10 MP Camera Today?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 yellowlilax  OFFLINE  

yellowlilax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 28, 2008 - 5:53 pm

Have you used it at all? I took a few shots with it and had the problem I was worried about that I see others have w/ point and shoots - a ridiculously bright flash that completely washes people out. I know there are a bunch of settings, but it shouldnt do that on auto. Anyone else have this problem? I'm afraid this one is going back if there's no changing this :(

#2 Gporter34  OFFLINE  

Gporter34

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 28, 2008 - 5:55 pm

I bought 2 of them for my DD's 16 and 14. They haven't used them yet, as they are gifts. I think I will open them up and make sure they are okay while I can still return them if I need to.

Edited by Gporter34, Nov 28, 2008 - 6:28 pm.
add

:holiday08 " It's the MOST wonderful time of the year!":holiday08

#3 TrishJ  OFFLINE  

TrishJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 28, 2008 - 6:25 pm

I bought one and just got back from returning it since ours didn't even turn on! Now with your concerns, I'm kind of glad I did!

#4 The End  OFFLINE  

The End

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 3, 2008 - 2:58 pm

Yeah I bought the Camera on BF. I’m kinda new to Digital Cameras, so I’m not entirely sure what to make of it yet. Like yellowlilax, the first thing that I noticed is that most of the pictures came out waaaaayyy too bright. When I was testing it out around my apartment I had trouble recognizing the rooms in the photos at first because I wasn’t used to seeing them so brightly lit. For some reason though, this doesn’t seem to be as big of an issue when shooting pictures of people. I don’t know enough about digital cameras yet, but I’m guessing that there’s something on the camera that recognizes that people are in the shot and tones down the flash. I’ve also experienced something similar to what TrishJ did. It froze up on me one time when I was trying to access the menu and look at some of the pictures that I’d taken. The lens was even frozen fully extended (which doesn’t happen when you turn it off). I had to remove the batteries and reinsert them to get it to unfreeze. For a moment though, I thought that I had gotten a dud camera and it had died on me after only a couple of days. One more thing, as I’ve already said, I’m new to digital cameras, so perhaps I’m just suffering from unrealistic expectations, but the pictures (even on the highest settings) seem to be a tad grainier than I’d expected. I’m undecided as of yet as to whether I’m gonna keep it.

#5 The End  OFFLINE  

The End

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 3, 2008 - 3:01 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. This thing just burns through the batteries. I haven’t really used it all that extensively, but I’ve already used up one pair and I’m half-way through another. Not sure if this is a complaint unique to this camera though.

#6 3 boys  OFFLINE  

3 boys

Black Friday Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 4, 2008 - 6:24 am

I returned mine. The delay between pushing the button and when it actually takes the pics was too long. Took it back no problem but forgot to take my new 2G memory card out.....Ughhhh!!! Hopefully DH will get my heavily laid hints... " I should have bought a Nikon or Canon" and I will open one on Christmas anyways:D
:holiday09 Waiting on Black Friday :holiday12

#7 leah_steven  OFFLINE  

leah_steven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 4, 2008 - 9:46 am

I bought a camera they had a couple of years ago on BF. I have had some issues with it, but The End....you need better batteries. I used some rechargable ones in mine, and al the name brands, and within using it a few times it would freeze. My husband had some at work that are duracell pro. he brought me a set home and it worked great!!! I called the company and asked about the battery issue and they said when it freezes like that it is a battery issue. I don't know where to buy those battery's at, as he ordered them at work. I am now out of them and waiting on him to order me a new set!!! Hope this helps.....
"Life is what you make of it...sometimes you need to move forward to remember the past"

#8 parteejen  OFFLINE  

parteejen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 4, 2008 - 10:11 am

Every digital camera I have owned seems to drain batteries. I ended up using llithium batteries because they lasted a LOT longer, and because of that were more cost effective. I have a sony alpha now, rechargable battery...don't have to deal with disposable batteries anymore.

#9 alleyc  OFFLINE  

alleyc

I'm Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 5, 2008 - 1:41 am

I picked one up that day and now I am going to open it and check it out - didn't have anyone in mind for it as a gift but saw the price and said I'll find someone to give it to lol

#10 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 5, 2008 - 5:08 am

I have a Kodak from a bf about 5 years ago. I hate it. It's only 3 mpsso I can't blow things up, but the battery issue was the big deal. I use rechargeables and can only take 2 or 3 pics before they go dead. Lithium last couple months but are 10 bucks. I bought the Samsung i85 from Sears BF as a doorbuster for 129 and it has a battery pack and can be plugged into a USB port while I'm on the computer to charge withoug taking it out or plugged into a wall outlest. It' is 8.2 mp so I'm excitedly waiting to open it on Christmas. The light thing is a blessing to me, I can't see the pictures IN my dark house but after It's taken they are bright enough to see.

#11 pumpkin456  OFFLINE  

pumpkin456

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 5, 2008 - 5:13 am

Returning mine this weekend. Way too much time between pictures. Not worth the cheap price for the aggravation

#12 smileyjj  OFFLINE  

smileyjj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 5, 2008 - 9:03 pm

I've had no problems with mine. Been using it now for week inside and out. I also use rechargable batteries for it. And the only thing I did was change a couple of the default settings. Good luck with yours. (Just be sure to read the booklet closely for the lighting settings and the picture quality) Factory setting was on superfine. Could make a difference on your shutter speed....

#13 emptynest-2  OFFLINE  

emptynest-2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 6, 2008 - 6:39 am

Is this the L200 or a different model? Just wondering, I bought the L200 for my niece for Christmas.

#14 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 6, 2008 - 5:12 pm

I guess we get what we pay for.

#15 fluffkin79  OFFLINE  

fluffkin79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 8, 2008 - 12:41 pm

I just got mine out to play with it. Some of the pics were a bit washed out inside - just turn off the flash when you don't need it. I think this will be a great little camera for the person that I am givinig it to.

#16 shawna queen  OFFLINE  

shawna queen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 11, 2008 - 10:22 am

I opened the one I bought also, just to check it out, it seems fine to me, it will be my daughters first camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users