Now what? :(

sassyaztec

I got all of the ads and several copies of the WM ad and the Radio Shack ad. Got the WM ad last night in the store and then had 2 copies in each of the two papers I bought today. We live in a very small town and I have to buy our local paper for local stores and a Dallas paper for all of the stores I will pm.

I'm not sure if its this way everywhere but here the Walmart ad doesnt come in the paper it comes in the mail. We got ours last Saturday. As far as missing ads we didnt get Radio shacks ad. I think thats it for missing ones. but hey I got 3 for office depot so no chance of losing that one and for me its the most important one cuz it has my monitor in it lol.

missing ToysRus and Circuit City!!! two of my major ads for price matching...( luckily Circuit City has some of the items i need on there website and after $24 free shipping ...now what to do about Toysrus...

i bought 2 papers, mom bought 1 and another off paper and none of them had either...weird....lol

I got 2 different papers and didn't get a Pennys, CVS, Lowes, Home Depot and Bed Bath and Beyond. I don't think I got a Dicks ad either and there are probably several smaller stores I am forgetting. I thought the newspapers looked really small for a Thanksgiving paper. I have complained to the newspapers and to the stores in the past about missing ads and am told they don't always have enough to go around and am so greatfull for this site and the online ads that are available to us every week.

I didn't get Walmart or Kohls. Walmart was in the wednesday paper, which I didn't go get.

I didn't get Kohls last year and actually emailed them, complaining about it. They emailed me back and said they are selective about where they place their circulars and since there is no Kohls on this side of town, they don't put an ad in the papers that are delivered to this side of town! Helps them cut costs, I guess.

Luckily, brother's sister in law brought a paper to thanksgiving lunch and it had both walmart and kohls in it. I had already looked at all the ads multiple times on gottadeal, but I still like to touch the actually ad.

missing ToysRus and Circuit City!!! two of my major ads for price matching...( luckily Circuit City has some of the items i need on there website and after $24 free shipping ...now what to do about Toysrus...

i bought 2 papers, mom bought 1 and another off paper and none of them had either...weird....lol

Advertisers doesn't normally buy enough to put the ad in every single paper the newspaper prints that day. The number of papers the newspapers print varies based on a number of factors, including day of the week, how that paper sold on that day last year, what the immediate sales trends are and even what kind of news/sports happened the day before.

So, for example, Target might have bought insert placement in 110,000 papers, but the newspaper actually printed 134,821 papers on Thanksgiving day. The inserts are put in home delivery papers first. They usually run out before all the single-copy papers are printed. So there are nearly 25,000 papers out in the stores without the Target ad -- not because the newsapaper left it out, but because Target did not buy the entire run. If you're going out and buying the paper from a box or retail location, you are lessening your chances of getting all the ads. And it's that way every day, not just on Thanksgiving.