People Already In Line - Post Your Reports

bigjimslade

Gee. I sure wish my BB would pay me to stand in line. Then I'd be good coming and going. :D

I am very disappointed in the tenor of some of the remarks expressed in this thread. Who are any of us to judge someone doing something that is not hurting or putting out anyone but thierselves? :(

and to those who want a lottery, I do feel you want the inexpensive stuff but are not willing to pay the price, time chill etc. for it. If someone wants something bad enough, they work for it, they don't get a ticket and hope they are the lucky one who gets it for free. That would be stealing from those who put in the time and effort. :no:

For my family it is fun. We camp and talk to other like-minded individuals and watch out for each other. It is a family day, more than sitting around a table and stuffing ourselves. We can do that anytime, this is one Magical moment that my Kids remember and tell stories about forever.:yup:

I am glad many of you aren't feeling the need to get out there. Why? Pure relief that I won't have to fight you off at the stores I'm going to. Less of us means more for Me! :gdparanoid:

No matter how everyone spends the day, Happy Thanksgiving. i know I am thankful for me and mine. And I look forward to my friends I know and will meet in line :fluffy:

Gee. I sure wish my BB would pay me to stand in line. Then I'd be good coming and going. :D

I am very disappointed in the tenor of some of the remarks expressed in this thread. Who are any of us to judge someone doing something that is not hurting or putting out anyone but thierselves? :(

Agreed. I will not judge. For every person who thinks it is unreasonable to camp out days before BF, there are people who think that "camping out" for a mere 2 or 3 hours is unreasonable. :) (they'd think that the 6-12 hours that some of us camp out for is downright certifiably insane) :eek::D

My opinion is ........Go for it!

I mean, each of those people have their own reason for camping out so who am I to question it. It could be people that have been hit hard by the economy and only have the money to buy a certain item at the bf price so they have no choice but to camp. There could be people that have the intentions of buying something and reselling it on ebay in hopes of making enough extra off of it so that they can pay med bills or a credit card. Whatever the reasons behind it, I wish them only the best and hope they are all able to get whatever it is they are camping out for:)

Agreed. I will not judge. For every person who thinks it is unreasonable to camp out days before BF, there are people who think that "camping out" for a mere 2 or 3 hours is unreasonable. :) (they'd think that the 6-12 hours that some of us camp out for is downright certifiably insane) :eek::D

6-12 hours? Ha! Try 30+

i dont judge anyone.. i have never done this till last yr. omg what a blast i had. yes i did get what i wanted and some and paid next to nothing for the things i got. that im thankful for as i could not afford it any other way. my children were happy on xmass and that is what im thankful for. and if it means sleeping out to do it then i did it and i still had a blast. my new adopted neice came with me . she had the time of her life texting her friends and telling them what her and her aunt were doing . she loved it. then later in the night my sisters came with her girlfriend. they did not want the big items so they just hung out with us till doors opened and even when tickets were passed out they said no thank you. next person. we were polite to all . that is what it is all about. we were in and out of best buy in 20 min with every thing we wanted and some. we got two lap tops desk top three gps as for the big items. then a bunch of little things less then 1000.00 like i said my son was so happy to get the lap top . this year no money and not really looking for anything . so i will be home till later in the am. to get maybe some games or movies but no rush . as i am already done. with shopping unless i help out family memebers .

I am not going to judge either.

I can say that I don't think I'd ever camp that long--for anything...other than to meet Johnny Depp ;) but I would camp for a great BF sale for 5-12 hours provided I had a good friend with me, and I do not have any friends who would do this--so I guess it won't happen.

I think we'd have a blast. Lots of talking, singing, snacking...no tv or radio, just catching up on life's events, with a buddy.

And I too feel that those people who are out there now have their own reason for camping out so long.

Maybe they lost a job and need to resell the BF items to use the money to pay for tuition, or bills or even food, so I wish them alot of luck.

For my family it is fun. We camp and talk to other like-minded individuals and watch out for each other. It is a family day, more than sitting around a table and stuffing ourselves. We can do that anytime, this is one Magical moment that my Kids remember and tell stories about forever.:yup:

Oh, they'll tell stories alright.

How can ANY BF item be worth camping out for 3 days?

If a person makes $250 a day at work and spends 3 days in line, how does that justify the time?

Even if the person waiting for 3 days is in college, is your time and effort not worth staying home?

Personally, I will not wait in line for more than 30 minutes anywhere or for anything, BF or not. Just not worth my time. definitely not worth the $200 you saved on that computer you waited 3 days in line to get.

I just don't get the way people think.

The college kids I talked with see this as tailgating as they do for college football. They even tell me that it is something cool to do like Texas/OU weekend in Dallas.

If a person makes $250 a day at work and spends 3 days in line, how does that justify the time?

Even if the person waiting for 3 days is in college, is your time and effort not worth staying home?

Personally, I will not wait in line for more than 30 minutes anywhere or for anything, BF or not. Just not worth my time. definitely not worth the $200 you saved on that computer you waited 3 days in line to get.

Personally I would never get in line this early, but to each their own. I just hope its for them and not to resell.

Last year on Thanksgiving at Kmart they had the Wii systems. These 4 guys showed up at 9pm on Wednesday. Used a tent. My friend got there by midnight. I got there by 3am. People let me stand in line with my friends (they were 5th and 6th) because I wasn't getting a Wii.... Anyhow, when the guy came out with the tickets, each guy took one. Once the manager went back into the store... They announce to everyone they were selling the tickets for $200 a piece. That aggravated the front people. Worse thing was, 2 ladies bought them who were at the back of the line(so they made $400) and then they announced they were grabbing breakfast then heading to BB to do it all over again.

I hope they all get whatever "deal" they are in line for.....with SO many people losing so much this year if someone is willing to go the extra mile(or day) to get that one item to make someones year end brighter, then more power to them. If what I want on BF is meant to be it will be, if not I will continue to check these forums for deals.

Well people are entitled to their own opinion. I think standing in line for 6 hours is crazy. Hell the news just showed a group that had been camping at the BB since Sunday afternoon. Mostly teens who said they had the week off for Thanksgiving. They (news station) said BB is having $300 laptops. The BB manager said last year the line was 1000 people long and he hopes this year is the same (yea right! I doubt it)

For me I can't justify standing inline for an item. I'd rather pay the extra $300 for it weeks later instead of camping overnight. I just do not see camping out in front of a store as fun.

My husband says the same thing. He told me standing in line on BF night is one thing, but if I thought I would camp out days in advance then forget about it.He said he would gladly pay the extra couple of hundred. He said the medical bills for me would be worse (pneumonia or worse lol)

Well people are entitled to their own opinion. I think standing in line for 6 hours is crazy. Hell the news just showed a group that had been camping at the BB since Sunday afternoon. Mostly teens who said they had the week off for Thanksgiving. They (news station) said BB is having $300 laptops. The BB manager said last year the line was 1000 people long and he hopes this year is the same (yea right! I doubt it)

For me I can't justify standing inline for an item. I'd rather pay the extra $300 for it weeks later instead of camping overnight. I just do not see camping out in front of a store as fun.

It wouldn't exactly be my idea of fun either, but I feel some people are being a little harsh on those who CHOOSE to camp our for 3 or 4 days :eyepoppin. You may not be able to justify it, but for some reason they can.

I'd be willing to bet MOST people DON'T make $250 a day at work. In my area, you've got a good job if you make $150 a day working.

I'm sorry but you have to have no life and be bran dead.:yup:

Thats way to extreme.:no:

Sorry don't mean to offend anybody.

And neither store has anything worth waiting that long for.:eek::eek:

How pathetic.

Lunatics

Exactly. People are getting ridiculous now and are taking this thing too far. I remember when 11PM on Thanksgiving night was considered "early" to line up at the stores. I love black friday too but I'm not missing valuable out time with family and friends to stand in line :rolleyes:

If I made $250 a day at work I sure would not need to be looking for deals to start with.

Personally I would never get in line this early, but to each their own. I just hope its for them and not to resell.

Last year on Thanksgiving at Kmart they had the Wii systems. These 4 guys showed up at 9pm on Wednesday. Used a tent. My friend got there by midnight. I got there by 3am. People let me stand in line with my friends (they were 5th and 6th) because I wasn't getting a Wii.... Anyhow, when the guy came out with the tickets, each guy took one. Once the manager went back into the store... They announce to everyone they were selling the tickets for $200 a piece. That aggravated the front people. Worse thing was, 2 ladies bought them who were at the back of the line(so they made $400) and then they announced they were grabbing breakfast then heading to BB to do it all over again.

Good for them, glad they made some money on THERE time.

For my family it is fun. We camp and talk to other like-minded individuals and watch out for each other. It is a family day, more than sitting around a table and stuffing ourselves. We can do that anytime, this is one Magical moment that my Kids remember and tell stories about forever.

Couldn't that be perceived as judging others also? Maybe those who like to sit around a table with family and stuff themselves feel like they are making a magical moment with their children. It can go both ways. Judge ye not......

Whether it be in line or at a table, Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, I don't make $250 a day, neither does hubby, but we do okay. We have six kids, five of them at home and I have always been able to give them a nice Christmas thanks to BF. If I had the money to buy ALL of them what they want at regular prices, or even the extra $200 a few weeks later, I wouldn't be spending so much time on this site looking for the best deals. I think there are alot of judgemental people to condemn the way others choose to spend their own time. They aren't hurting anyone. Besides, Some may think people who choose to spend more money are crazy, people who go out at all are weird, or make any numbers of complaints. But either way, it's their choice and to each his/her own. I choose to spend Thanksgiving with my family and then go out. I have spent the night in WM before BF before, and if they have something I want badly enough I will do it again. After all, it's my money, my choice. And thankfully I have a husband who understands that I work, too, and if I choose to stand in line for what our kids want for Christmas he will not complain just as I don't complain because he doesn't go out at all on BF.

I haven't seen anything worth it to me, for what I am looking for, to stand in line. That being said, I have a hard time waking up early in the morning, so I am going to a mall that opens at midnight on Friday morning. I can hit a lot of stores, they have lots going on, and it is WARM. Then I can go to WM, Kohls, Target, and Menards after that... I think it may be an experience to camp out, but it is just so darn cold here so it isn't worth it to me. But would I do it in the spring for the right deal? You bet!!!

I have to second (or third) the thought that not everyone spends Thanksgiving with their families. Since my mom died this year none of us want to get together since this was her thing. Sister is taking her kids to Florida, brother is going to his wives family, etc... Unfortunately for me though, that means I have to go to In-laws. I HATE family gatherings and would prefer to stand in line compared to going around relatives that don't bother to call, write, etc... but expect you to show up once a year etc... (My scrooge is coming out isn't it...)