Walmart - what time to get there

Karleen77

What time do I want to get to walmart on BF? Can I go there at 12:00 am on Friday? Or do their sales start earlier?

TIA

Karleen

At my walmart they close for a few hours on Thanksgiving and then open back up at midnight. I know some people that get there when they open and and stay all night till the sale starts at 5am. Myself though have never gotten a BF item from walmart that was so popular that I had to camp out all night.

My girlfriend and I normally don't get there till around 4:15-4:30am do a quick walk around the store to see where everything is, then fall into the crowd around the things we are hoping to scoop off of pallets lol.

I get to my 24hr WM around 2-2:30 am, walk around to see if anyone can/will tell me what's on which pallets, and make a plan of how to get to each pallet I want with the least hassle. Then I go find the movies or anything else I want to price match. Around 4:00, I go back to the area of the first pallet I want to grab from. When I notice more people starting to come in, I get next to the pallet I want and chit-chat with others standing there so we can form a "united front" and get what we want/need before the latecomers try to break thru! ;)

I go to WalMart at 3 AM cause mine opens at 5 AM. I am usually about 10th in line and my mom complains..ALOT! I take her along every year, she usually gets the cart, but I always protect her when going in.. when peple nudge her I don't just get mad! I do not even see anything in the ad worth going for this year, at least not first thing in the morning! If I get what I want I get it, if not I don't really care! I used to love black Friday shopping, but since the ads have become so lame, what is really to love?

I was going to make walmart my first stop but I am thinking of going to kohls first b/c they open earlier. Luckily both stores are close to each other. Do you think I will be able to get most of what I am going for (hannah vanity, pjs, shoes, crayola) if I get there about 4:30?

I'd be very surprised if you could get what you want and get out of Kohl's and over to wal-mart by 4:30. Kohl's lines are always horrible. That's why I'm starting at Wal-mart and then heading to Kohl's.

Might want to check the prices on items now, I went to 2 local walmart 's tonight and they already have some of the items out @ BF prices. Saw the My Size Barbie for $35, I got 2 of the Thomas the Train @ Tidmond Sheds for BF $15 each, the sign over them said $25 but I scanned and rang up BF price, they had the Hannah Montana bean bags for $20, the 3 pc duffel bag set @ $19 couldn't remember what all the ad items were but these were the ones I remembered!

My Mom just called and she is at WM. She said the store is almost full now and most will probably leave and come back later. We will be leaving about 11pm to check things out again. If they do like they did last year and let us put things in our carts all night and check out @5, everything will be gone by 1 or 2 am. Small town and nearest big city is over an hour and a half away, lol. Oh well, gotta love BF!

I just swung by my wm (9pm), no-one there!!! I was actually shocked that no-one is out there yet...lol...i'm toying with the idea of waiting to do the online stuff for them first and then head over for the my size barbie (I did check today but they have NONE of the bf stuff anywhere in the store...all out back in HUGE trailors!)...everything i want will go online except the barbie...and i dont want to lug around 2 shop vacs and a huge barbie!!! lol...i'm hoping getting the barbie wont be an issue if i show up around 5:30-6am...