Best Buy "Online-Only Specials"

Nate Dogg

I heard a rumor about a netbook to. Heard $199 anyone have any info on that. If its for real or not?

I've heard it rumored at $150 not $199. Can't confirm it as a fact though.

Is this information in print somewhere? This is for BF then? Is it bundled with a printer like last year? Any specs?

Canon printer will probably be included as usually but I am not going to say 100% for sure unless I know it as a fact. I could find the model number but I already checked it out and it doesn'tppear any place. They are made specifically for BF for Best Buy exclusively so it is hard to get the specs unless they post it when they officially release the info on the BB site.

Any clue what type or what the specs are? They like to torment us with these online and comercial sales don't they lol

Not sure of the specs. In fact it is not even 100% confirmed. It is rumored that there will be one available real cheap. Not sure you really want to get one though, you'd be better ff with a laptop. Netbooks usually have very low RAM and a small hard drive, and no cd or dvd drive. About the only thing it is good for is going online. Any programs you want to install can't be installed from a cd, you have to locate the files onlin and download them onto a hard drive that is usually only about 8GB. They are nice and portable, but will never replace a laptop or PC. I'm going to be first on line and if there is a netbook I'll pass on it. Most people think a netbook is just a smaller laptop. I just wanted you to be aware in case you weren't what a netbook is.

anyone hear anything about a tv. im really hoping they throw a tv into it.

I'm hoping and expecting at least one TV but I have no info on it. I ran a few items by the BB employee today and he was not allowed to say what was on sale on the online ad (I'm referring to the addtional doorbusters for in-store purchase that will only be listed online) but he hinted that there might be. He also confirmed the $229 laptop whenI told him I already had the model number of it, which I do, but Toshiba doesn't tell the specs for it since it is a Best Buy exclusive made for BF.

Not sure of the specs. In fact it is not even 100% confirmed. It is rumored that there will be one available real cheap. Not sure you really want to get one though, you'd be better ff with a laptop. Netbooks usually have very low RAM and a small hard drive, and no cd or dvd drive. About the only thing it is good for is going online. Any programs you want to install can't be installed from a cd, you have to locate the files onlin and download them onto a hard drive that is usually only about 8GB. They are nice and portable, but will never replace a laptop or PC. I'm going to be first on line and if there is a netbook I'll pass on it. Most people think a netbook is just a smaller laptop. I just wanted you to be aware in case you weren't what a netbook is.

Thanks for the heads up. I know what they are my uncle who has a high end laptop wants it for web purposes and such I guess. He is a tech geek so I'm sure he knows what he wants. I keep hearing varying specs so I'm curious

Thanks for the heads up. I know what they are my uncle who has a high end laptop wants it for web purposes and such I guess. He is a tech geek so I'm sure he knows what he wants. I keep hearing varying specs so I'm curious

The rumor, and please keep in mind, it's only a rumor as to if it even will be on sale, but I heard 512MB RAM and 8GB HD. I believe Acer but again not sure. Also rumored to be $149.99.

Went by BB to snoop today. Saw an eMachine el1200 desktop with a 19" monitor "upgrade" for $318 good through Sunday. Interesting thing was it was $339 for a 17" monitor. Black Friday signage mix-up? Also saw a bunch (maybe 100) of HP laptops wrapped in black plastic sitting in a back corner near the guitar hero games. I was being watched so I couldn't get a model number... Maybe the $499 one, maybe not.

I'm hoping and expecting at least one TV but I have no info on it. I ran a few items by the BB employee today and he was not allowed to say what was on sale on the online ad (I'm referring to the addtional doorbusters for in-store purchase that will only be listed online) but he hinted that there might be. He also confirmed the $229 laptop whenI told him I already had the model number of it, which I do, but Toshiba doesn't tell the specs for it since it is a Best Buy exclusive made for BF.

I'm a bit confused, as I am new to this. Will this possible laptop be available for purchase online or just in the store? I was going to try and get the $379 laptop, but there is no way I am standing in line for 2 days.

Ya and NONE of those great rumors are true. WHy oh why must yall tease me this way.

Those are the doorbusters we already know about from the printed ad. We're still waiting to see if any new, online list of doorbusters materializes.

I'm a bit confused, as I am new to this. Will this possible laptop be available for purchase online or just in the store? I was going to try and get the $379 laptop, but there is no way I am standing in line for 2 days.

Your best bet is to wait in line. Sorry, it looks like that one is not available online this year.