KitchenAid Stand Mixer?

amykay9377

I am drooling over the KA mixer that they have marked to $130, but I read it again and it says that it is a "Telescoping Stand" rather than a Bowl Lift or a Tilt-Head.

The model number looks to be K4555WH, but when I clcik on the link on the list that GD has up, it brings me to Wal-marts web page for the KW45SSWH mixer.

Does anyone have experience with a telescoping KA or do you think this is just a typo on WMs part?

I think that I will buy it anyway (it's not a Christmas gift--too many cookies to make!), and if I don't like it, I will just return it. I have an older Sunbeam stand mixer that still works just fine, but KA is the Cadillac of mixers and I WILL HAVE ONE one day...

Thanks!

I had done a little research on this before because I too would like one. The artisan series are the ones that have the tilt head while the professional series has the telescoping head. In general, from those I have talked to who have a KA prefer the telescoping head but I don't think I would care either way. The thing to consider would be cabinet space. If you will be using it on a counter with overhead cabinets, will they get in the way??? I don't know the answer to this but is a concern I came up with

I had done a little research on this before because I too would like one. The artisan series are the ones that have the tilt head while the professional series has the telescoping head. In general, from those I have talked to who have a KA prefer the telescoping head but I don't think I would care either way. The thing to consider would be cabinet space. If you will be using it on a counter with overhead cabinets, will they get in the way??? I don't know the answer to this but is a concern I came up with

I thought the professional series had the bowl lift??

Yep, they do. This is why I was so confused. Once WM put the ad online and I could get more info on this mixer, I decided not to go for it. Besides having a telescoping head (which I've never heard of), it DID NOT COME WITH a whip, a dough hook or a pouring shield. To add a whip and a hook would cost (YMMV, of course) another $30-40, bringing the cost to $160-170. I was depressed when I felt a KA (even a crappy one) slipping away.

I was on a mission!

Thanks to another thread on GD (over on Online Deals), I saw that Amazon had the 5 quart Artisan Mixer (yes, the tilt head) on sale for $229.99 with a $20 rebate! I hopped over there this a.m. and got one in Cobalt Blue. This one comes with hook/whip/beater and shield! Oh, AND free shipping!

So, my deal of the year goes like this:

MSRP: 349.99

Amazon Price: 229.99

Minus Rebate: -20.00

FINAL PRICE: 209.99 (well, plus tax, I guess).

Meaning that I saved $140!!! I saved MORE than the Wal-Mart mixer costs to begin with.

Now, because I still have an older Sunbeam Stand Mixer, which does work just fine (it's just NOT a KA), I can get 2 different of cookies going at one time this season! One for sugar, one for chocolate chip, oh, I can't wait. I'm practially drooling over the idea of seeing the box come off the UPS truck.

Yep, they do. This is why I was so confused. Once WM put the ad online and I could get more info on this mixer, I decided not to go for it. Besides having a telescoping head (which I've never heard of), it DID NOT COME WITH a whip, a dough hook or a pouring shield. To add a whip and a hook would cost (YMMV, of course) another $30-40, bringing the cost to $160-170. I was depressed when I felt a KA (even a crappy one) slipping away.

I was on a mission!

Thanks to another thread on GD (over on Online Deals), I saw that Amazon had the 5 quart Artisan Mixer (yes, the tilt head) on sale for $229.99 with a $20 rebate! I hopped over there this a.m. and got one in Cobalt Blue. This one comes with hook/whip/beater and shield! Oh, AND free shipping!

So, my deal of the year goes like this:

MSRP: 349.99

Amazon Price: 229.99

Minus Rebate: -20.00

FINAL PRICE: 209.99 (well, plus tax, I guess).

Meaning that I saved $140!!! I saved MORE than the Wal-Mart mixer costs to begin with.

Now, because I still have an older Sunbeam Stand Mixer, which does work just fine (it's just NOT a KA), I can get 2 different of cookies going at one time this season! One for sugar, one for chocolate chip, oh, I can't wait. I'm practially drooling over the idea of seeing the box come off the UPS truck.

I have the Artisan and I love it! I have black & it picks up the black flecks in my granite counter and looks awesome. I keep it along with my black Kitchenaid blender out in my counter all the time.

I have the Kitchen Aid Professional 5 plus. I absolutely love it. I got mine on QVC last year as a gift to myself from my husband (cause he never shops). Mine has a bowl lift. It fits on my counter under my cabinets very well and has been a great addition to my kitchen! My kids even love it and the ease of use! I think I only paid 200-250 for it. Not bad I think for a great product!

I have a 20 year old KA mixer that I wouldn't trade for the world... ok well maybe a new artisan one in black or red... My mom had the professional one where the bowl lifts up to the head. I personally prefer the old one. I find it difficult to scrape the sides when I need to and adding ingredients isnt as easy as the old one. I even used my mom's several times before I judged it. One thing I can say about the mixer... I will never own a different brand!!!

My professional series has the bowl lift. The one in the WalMart ad is not a professional series from what I read in the ad, mine is a 5 qt, so not really much bigger. Plus its Kitchen Aid, so it has to be good! I just know I really love mine, it was the best kitchen appliance I have made in years!:cheesy: