gift for about 400 employees

pammk123

ok so what if u just did a lunch . and have a bunch of food brought in .. and maybe have people see if they want to bring in a desert? we did that last yr when they got rid of ours . boss paid for lunch cater and we all made deserts but made sure there was not alot of the same kind . it was fun .

I work for my family and every year they give all the employee a Ham for christmas. A local grocery store in the past has given discounts for buying so many. If you so some kind of food make sure that you order plenty in advance cause it would take a week or more to get several of them shipped to the store.

1. Gourmet coffees with a personal coffee cup

2. Pound of pistachios

3. Child's artwork, framed

4. Journal with special inscription inside

5. Teacup with box of herbal tea

6. Deck of cards and book of card game rules

7. Homemade cocoa mix in a pretty jar

8. Collage of special photos

9. Gel pens and pretty stationary

10. Bottle of sparkling cider

11. Home baked bread, include recipe

12. Disposable camera or rolls of film

13. Basket filled with deli cheese and fruit

14. Craft supplies

15. Holiday serving bowl or platter

16. Pretty basket filled with special jams or mustards

17. Decorative napkins and napkin rings

18. Fancy chocolate bars tied with a ribbon

19. Gardening gloves with a plant or flower seeds

20. Photo album, hand decorated is even better

21. Makeup tote

22. Prepaid photo developing envelopes

23. Homemade cookie mix with instructions for baking

24. Variety of bread mixes

25. Special coffee cup filled with candy

26. Fancy magazines tied together with a pretty ribbon

27. Gourmet popcorn and flavored oil

28. Locally made barbeque or steak sauce with basting brush

29. Pancake or waffle mix and a bottle of real maple syrup

30. Movie theater gift certificates

31. Board games

32. Jar of sourwood or pure honey with biscuit mix

33. Note cards and book of stamps

34. Picture frames, buy them on sale!

35. Specialty cookbook

36. Pretty glass jar filled with candy

37. Collectible sports cards

38. Muffin mixes with muffin pan

39. Books, there are still a few for under $10

40. Set of dish towels and dish cloths

41. Nail polish kit

42. Pretty night shirt

43. Basket filled with kitchen gadgets

44. Video rental gift certificates

45. Pepper mill and fresh peppercorns

46. Handwritten copies of your favorite recipes

47. For the pets, gourmet dog biscuits or cat treats

48. Baking pans and supplies

49. Prepaid long distance phone cards

50. Small clock or radio

51. Pretty box for keepsakes

52. Colorful Post-It notepads

53. Address book

54. Christmas ornaments

55. Puzzles

56. Blank video or cassette tapes

57. Sewing supplies

58. Flashlight with batteries

59. Favorite quote embroidered on a nice handkerchief

60. Makeup brush set

61. Expensive socks, still under $10

62. Special soaps and bath puff

I would do a $10 gift card to the local grocery/Wal-Mart store for their ham. If it is in the form of the gift card then those who are single and don't want to spend it on a ham can use it to buy a DVD or snacks or something. I miss the days of my dad getting a ham from work (except for the year they got a turkey instead and so did my mom and oh yeah did I mention 2 sisters worked for the same company as my mom. Let's say it made me grateful for hamburger! We were giving them away to neighbors. Now, I would be very happy for a free turkey!

You could also do two movie tickets for each employee for a local theater. Sometimes you get a good deal when you buy in bulk. You can get those great VIP tickets that are good even for brand new or sold out showings. Movies are expensive extras these days and it would be a real treat for most people to go for free. My old boss gave us each 4 of those one year and they were really nice to have - I loved that gift.

You could do themed baskets. For instance you could do a movie basket. get a $5-$10 gc to blockbuster, then fill up the basket with popcorn, candy, and a soda. That might be a lot of work to do though. Good luck!

all ideas are great so far i like this idea and the cup/coffe idea best (even if i don't drink coffee, most do;))

I don't know if I'd do a $13 gift card. Asking each person if they wanted a ham or a turkey is a really great idea. Or 2 movie tickets to a local theater per person, that's about how much 2 movie tickets are around here. I'd think you'd have to call the grocery store or movie theater ahead of time and make sure they can accommodate and give them a heads up.

If they were my folks, I'd do a $10 gas or grocery gift card, then use the remaining $3 per person--$1200--to cater a nice lunch or get some item for the office that everyone's been wanting (maybe a better fridge in the break room, or a second microwave if everyone takes lunch at once, or even a library of paperbacks people can borrow from).

I think having a job this year is a nice gift. If you have 400 people to buy for and you are giving them each $13 dollars thats $5,200 dollars that alot of money. I would take that money and donate to a local food pantry in the name of your company. I think that would be a nice gift. Just know that you donated that money to the ones that need that money.

If they were my folks, I'd do a $10 gas or grocery gift card, then use the remaining $3 per person--$1200--to cater a nice lunch or get some item for the office that everyone's been wanting (maybe a better fridge in the break room, or a second microwave if everyone takes lunch at once, or even a library of paperbacks people can borrow from).

I like this idea, the $10 g.c. and then catered lunch.....

thank you all for your suggestions, we are donating a large amount to several local charities, having a catered lunch for the employees and I am trying to do the movie ticket/popcorn bucket thing, that's a great idea. and yes, we are all VERY grateful to have a job this Christmas.