HP Desktop On BF

knt102000

Does anyone know the exact model number of the items included? the ad scan posted is too blurry on my computer and I cant tell the numbers/letters...Its the 599.99 one with a 21in monitor, and printer...

Are there any rebates on it? (doesnt look like it) and is the Anti-Virus soft ware included?

Anyone here going to get it? Think it will be a door buster (not in technical terms cause its not but I mean will ppl be jumping and killing each other for it)? If I got there at 6am-7am would it still be crowded or would ppl have left by then? And think they would still have it?

I actually always called before the ads were released, they are normally pretty nice about it and if it has a 8xxxx model number they are able to tell you how many they will have in stock. No, it most likely will not be a hot item.

how can i tell if it has a 8xxxx model number? I kno the number on the HP's site is the

a6614f and thats what HP identifies it by......so if i called now they would know how many they would have and the buying procedure? srry for all the questions this is my first BF at BB or better yet first BF at anything I never woke up early

Is there a specific person I ask for when I call to ask about it? Or just any sales associate should know? And Is the majority of the crowd gone by 6 am or would there still be a huge line of people?

First of all there is a chance it might be ticketed since most of the computers are in the stock room and they bring it out for you. I would not count on it being there at 6am. I'd have to look at the ad to know for sure how many are available and how much of a discount, but lot of people that don't get one of the other computers they came in for will often go for the next cheapest until all the onein the ad are gone. As far as the line goes, by 6am I would plan to stand at the checkout a minimum of about 2 hours.

OK looked at the ad. $490 of regular price, minimum 1 per store (if I read it right, ery blurry even magnified to 200%). I would say the chances of getting it even standing on the line for under about 10 hours is slim depending on where you live.

I should start taking requests for items people want. Not looking to profit from it but I will be there early enough to get anything in the ad.

First of all there is a chance it might be ticketed since most of the computers are in the stock room and they bring it out for you. I would not count on it being there at 6am. I'd have to look at the ad to know for sure how many are available and how much of a discount, but lot of people that don't get one of the other computers they came in for will often go for the next cheapest until all the onein the ad are gone. As far as the line goes, by 6am I would plan to stand at the checkout a minimum of about 2 hours.

OK looked at the ad. $490 of regular price, minimum 1 per store (if I read it right, ery blurry even magnified to 200%). I would say the chances of getting it even standing on the line for under about 10 hours is slim depending on where you live.

I should start taking requests for items people want. Not looking to profit from it but I will be there early enough to get anything in the ad.

I thought it said a minimum of 6 per store.....

So are u saying that I would need to camp out to get it?

Whats this about you taking requests for items? How does it work?

Would there still be a line infront of the store (as in all the campers did not go inside yet) at 6am? or would it just be hecktic inside?

I thought it said a minimum of 6 per store.....

So are u saying that I would need to camp out to get it?

Whats this about you taking requests for items? How does it work?

Would there still be a line infront of the store (as in all the campers did not go inside yet) at 6am? or would it just be hecktic inside?

It looks like a "1" but it is very blurry. It could be a "6", not 100% sure.

If there are 6 you might get one of them but what happens is, when they run out of tickets everyone is hyped to get a compuer and after staying on line all night they will get the next cheapest. I am not sure how busy your store is but if here are over 500 people on the line even if they change their mind, they will get the ticket while they think about it. In either case you won't get it. Probably won't even get through the first 200 before they are all gone, and I have never heard of any store havingless than 20 people when it opens.

As far as the request. If there was a safe way for both of us I would have no problem doing it but I can't lay the money out and I wouldn't expect you to trust me enough to send me the money to get it for you.

No, there will not be campers in front by 6am. Usually they just open the doors and let everyone in in 1 mad rush. I heard of a few stories on this site where they had people wait outside until there was enough room but I have never seen something like that before.

It looks like a "1" but it is very blurry. It could be a "6", not 100% sure.

If there are 6 you might get one of them but what happens is, when they run out of tickets everyone is hyped to get a compuer and after staying on line all night they will get the next cheapest. I am not sure how busy your store is but if here are over 500 people on the line even if they change their mind, they will get the ticket while they think about it. In either case you won't get it. Probably won't even get through the first 200 before they are all gone, and I have never heard of any store havingless than 20 people when it opens.

As far as the request. If there was a safe way for both of us I would have no problem doing it but I can't lay the money out and I wouldn't expect you to trust me enough to send me the money to get it for you.

No, there will not be campers in front by 6am. Usually they just open the doors and let everyone in in 1 mad rush. I heard of a few stories on this site where they had people wait outside until there was enough room but I have never seen something like that before.

That is what out store does. Due to a VERY strict fire code, they only let a few in at a time. Everythime three comes out three goes in. They actually have to wait, still lined up outside mind you, until the first wave of shoppers get done...I LOVE IT! The police/armed security makes sure there is no drama. After doing BF at Best Buy for the last few years....I still have ankles!!!! No cart ankle bashing...yay..lol! :yay:

That is what out store does. Due to a VERY strict fire code, they only let a few in at a time. Everythime three comes out three goes in. They actually have to wait, still lined up outside mind you, until the first wave of shoppers get done...I LOVE IT! The police/armed security makes sure there is no drama. After doing BF at Best Buy for the last few years....I still have ankles!!!! No cart ankle bashing...yay..lol! :yay:

Must be a town fire code or something. Where I am it's every man, woman, and child for yourself. They let you in, but if you're not careful you could be taken out on a stretcher, lol. Actually most of the people are fairly polite which is what I love about a small town where I live but you do get some from the cities near by and they are the ones that will cut into the line and then try to get physical if you argue about them cutting in. Last year the line stretched almost 1500 feet from the entrance and about 2 or 3 wide. Had to have been at least 2500 people on line, probably more, all in the store at the same time. You could not even move in the store. I always have someone jump onto the checkout and hold the spot while I get a few other non-ticket items before getting out of the store by about 5:30 - 6am. Black Friday is pretty big here. The newspaper actually gets the names of the first people on line (at least at Best Buy where I always go) and prints it in the paper the next day. I would go nuts if I was the one stuck outside though. I am very impatient and it would ive me crazy seeing others inside if I was stuck outside. Chances are I'd be allowed in with the first wave though any way since I'm usually in the first 30 on a bad year.

Must be a town fire code or something. Where I am it's every man, woman, and child for yourself. They let you in, but if you're not careful you could be taken out on a stretcher, lol. Actually most of the people are fairly polite which is what I love about a small town where I live but you do get some from the cities near by and they are the ones that will cut into the line and then try to get physical if you argue about them cutting in. Last year the line stretched almost 1500 feet from the entrance and about 2 or 3 wide. Had to have been at least 2500 people on line, probably more, all in the store at the same time. You could not even move in the store. I always have someone jump onto the checkout and hold the spot while I get a few other non-ticket items before getting out of the store by about 5:30 - 6am. Black Friday is pretty big here. The newspaper actually gets the names of the first people on line (at least at Best Buy where I always go) and prints it in the paper the next day. I would go nuts if I was the one stuck outside though. I am very impatient and it would ive me crazy seeing others inside if I was stuck outside. Chances are I'd be allowed in with the first wave though any way since I'm usually in the first 30 on a bad year.

Yeah..you should see the looks we get when we come out. They are so bad I tell my DH to zig-zag and take an alternate route home to make sure we aren't being followed! :gd_steeri

LOL...I am not kidding...:gdcar:

Time to chime in ;)

The $499 Best Buy desktop is model #a6614f. Comes with 'HP 21.6 inch Widescreen LCD Monitor' (#w2216h) and a 'Canon PIXMA Inkjet Printer' (iP1800).

HP Pavilion a6614f Desktop PC

Pretty decent complete package deal for the buck. PC just needs a non-integraded HD graphics card to become a pretty sweet gaming machine. It's not labeled as a doorbuster but since it's quantities are limited to a minimum of 6 if you're not in line you might miss out.

Since the computer isnt a doorbuster does that mean it will be availible online?

And if so when would it be availible? Wed. Thurs. or Fri.? Would it go quick online?

You never know what will be in the their online sale. They could have it, but I won't give a definite answer unless I had a way of knowing for sure.

Anything not listed as a doorbuster is usualy available for the entire day. In some stores Saturday as well. With limited quantities though I would figure it will sell out early to the people on line when the store opens.

As I said earlier, the cheapest ones sell out first and than the more expnsive ones. If I was the one who waited on line all night for a computer and this was the only deal left and I had the money for it, I would get it as long as it fits my needs. Looks like a pretty powerful machine and for the price of it it is still a good deal.

Yeah..you should see the looks we get when we come out. They are so bad I tell my DH to zig-zag and take an alternate route home to make sure we aren't being followed! :gd_steeri

LOL...I am not kidding...:gdcar:

lol, yeah I know what you mean. When I came out last year and loaded 3 laptops and 2 of the $199 laptops into my car people were upset seeing that many of them were on line for those items. In fact this one family came husband, wife, 2 sons, and their daughter. They got 5 of the $229 laptops. The looks they got when they came out with their loot was not very nice, lol. Luckily they were behind me and I got mine or I might have been upset too, lol. Might even have hinted to the manager that it said 1 per household, lol. Nah, just kidding about that but I can see why otherswoube upset. All I can say to them though is try beating me to the store next year... hehehehehehehehe :::evil grin::::

wait why is everyone saying it is 499? its clearly 599.99.......

how crowded can it be by 12 midnight on thanksgiving? looks like my last resort is camping

How crowded? Well at my store which is the quiter of the stores there are probably going tobe about 500 people on line by midnight. I am hoping to get there by 7am on Thanksgiving day this year in order to be the first on line. By noon I expect there will be about 30 people which would pretty much eliminate anyone elses chance of getting the $229 laptop sice that is always the first to go. Everyone keeps track of when the first person shows up the year before and beats that time the next year. Although I plan to be there at 7am I will give my arrival time as about 5 minutes before whatever time the second person shows up so that next year I can be there at 7am and be first again since every year it seems to be earlier and earlier based on the arrival of the first person on line.

wait why is everyone saying it is 499? its clearly 599.99

$599 is correct. Got a lil' thrown off by that one. :o

how crowded can it be by 12 midnight on thanksgiving? looks like my last resort is camping

Yup, looks like it. If you use last BF as an example you'll notice people were in line at BB since all the way to thanksgiving morning or earlier. If you show up at a popular BB at midnite the morning before BF you'll probably be waiting in a line stretching across the street. It all depends on the specific store and location, but if you look up some old stories of last BF that'll give you an example of what to expect.

Everyone keeps track of when the first person shows up the year before and beats that time the next year. Although I plan to be there at 7am I will give my arrival time as about 5 minutes before whatever time the second person shows up so that next year I can be there at 7am and be first again since every year it seems to be earlier and earlier based on the arrival of the first person on line.

We always give it as "about 30 minutes ago" to account for set up time. :D

Ah ic....if I called BB now and asked if the cpu will be ticketed will they tell me or is it confidential? Same with selling it online would they tell or confidential?

First thing they will want to know is where you saw the ad, since they aren't even delivered to the stores until Monday. I work for UPS and usually deliver them at earliest the Friday before. If you call Wednesday they might be able to tell you.

jw how would u determine if your neighborhood BB has alot of ppl at BF? I remember last year I passed by BB (This is my first year actually doing BF) at appox. 6pm on thanksgiving and saw outside people camping and there were about maybe 10-15 people but maybe 2-5 were in each group so only about 3-4groups. (by groups I mean like a family) So would that be alot?

jw how would u determine if your neighborhood BB has alot of ppl at BF? I remember last year I passed by BB (This is my first year actually doing BF) at appox. 6pm on thanksgiving and saw outside people camping and there were about maybe 10-15 people but maybe 2-5 were in each group so only about 3-4groups. (by groups I mean like a family) So would that be alot?

It could be if every single person there wanted a laptop, because then they'd probably be all gone.

People start earlier each year. If you have someone that's available, you could have someone start doing drive-bys every 1-2 hours to see where the line is if you want to line up.

I would say that's not too bad. I believe there were 20 laptops perstore minimum last year. If there were only 10 - 15 people you could have gotten one, but be prepared to go earlier this year. Every year it starts about 3 hours sooner than the year before. Also due to the economy people are going to be more willing to get on line earlier to get the good deals. Last year the first person on line was there at 12:30. I intend to be on line by about 7am, no later than 9am. I am even considering going right after the online sale items are gone and be there at about 1am. My intention is to be the first so I don't have to worry if someoneelse is after the same items I am looking for. Last year anyone that showed after about 4pm was out of luck on the cheap laptops. Also if you get there a little later but still get a shot at a ticketed item have a backup plan of which your second or third choice is. They only pass with the tickets once and if you don't speak up they could be gone to people behind you by the time you decide that you would be ok with that deal as an option.

One thing I dont get is that since they give out tickets who ever has a ticket would have a sure 100% chance of getting that item. (am i correct?) so why would there be a mad rush inside the store if u dont have a ticket or even if u do have a ticket? why dont people take their time since they have either 100% or 0 %??

One thing I dont get is that since they give out tickets who ever has a ticket would have a sure 100% chance of getting that item. (am i correct?) so why would there be a mad rush inside the store if u dont have a ticket or even if u do have a ticket? why dont people take their time since they have either 100% or 0 %??

Not everything is ticketed.

Eaxctly. Only about 30 items are ticketed. The people near the back know even before they get there probably won't get a ticket. Some will try cutting the line, others are hoping to find some way to get the ticket, others are there for other items that aren't ticketed. For the most part all computers are ticketed items, and most of the tvs. Besides, when they open the doors they let everybody in at one time. You can not even move in the store. Also they only have about 3 people at the checkout and if you don't have someone get on the line immedately when you get in, you could be on the line for 2 or 3 hours easily. That's also why it pays to be near the front of the line. In the back you don't get the good stuff, and then you have to wait on line for 3 hours. Some will also wait around since whatever doorbusters that were ticketed and not claimed by 12 noon, they will let the people on the line buy them.