Holiday Party Help

Thumper501

Why not just have hors d'oeuvres, or a bunch of different finger food types? Or, if you really want to have a sit down dinner, you could do anything from a big pasta/italian type meal to be different from Thanksgiving, some other type of meats, gourmet pizzas, etc. All depends on how you want your party to flow and how casual/fancy you want it to be. Heck, even if you dont want to cook, or dont have the room, have it catered with store or restaurant prepared meals that you just take the lids off of! :)

borrow a few crockpots and do a mexican buffet.aldi had flour tortillas for cheap also beans are cheap for nachos and enchiladas. you could put cheese sauce in 1 crockpot for nachos taco meat in another , maybe shredded chicken in another this could be fun

dont forget the flan

Edited by dealluvr
add

The food I choose would depend on the type of party and time of day.

Will you have entertainment? Will you play games? Is it in the day, evening or night?

Do you have room for everyone to sit or will they balance a plate?

If they balance a plate I would make it simple to eat foods. If they can sit you could make it a fuller meal.

I was talking with my hair dresser last night and they are also doing a late Thanksgiving and she is doing a "picnic" theme. Fried chicken, baked beans, potato salad, etc. She's also doing a ham on the side. And the good thing is, all of that can be bought, pre-made!

Being that your kitchen/house isnt that big I like the simple yet tasty idea of a big pasta dish, mostacholi, a nice salad and rolls. You could add a side of mt. balls or italian sausage, but a big pot of most. would be quick, simple and not take alot of space.