Bakugan predictions for BF

dmmiller

I see TRU has the arena for $23.99 (reg 29.99) this weekend.. curious if this is a good deal on this,

or should I wait and see what BF holds?

Also, not sure what all to get regarding this toy.. anyone have any experience with it?

What are the must haves with the kids to be able to play this, I see the arena is sold separately from the cards and figures.

I also want to know what is necessary to play the game. My son doesn't have any yet but his friends do and he is becoming obsessed. Bakugans are the only thing he has asked Santa for. I plan to pick the stuff up tomorrow at TRU. What exactly should I get?

You need the small bakugan balls with the booster cards. You can buy some booster cards seperately also. You also have the battle arena, Belts and carriers for the Bakugan because they are pretty small. Bakugan shooters. There is lots of stuff that you can get. Not sure were you are from but my TRU in Gastonia NC is holding a Bakugan tournament in store this Saturday. You can probably go to local TRU and find one of the employees that will know all about these. Hope you can find all you need.

I work at TRU also, and we cannot keep this stuff on the shelves. If you find it, buy it. The basic things you need are the balls. The arena is nice, and a good price, but not necessary. The balls are the all they really need (they pop open when they go over the metal in the cards). Unless you are going to be at any store that carries them when they open, I would suggest you call the store to see if they have any left. (One day we put out 50 cases and they were gone in an hour)

My first day on the floor at TRU will be tonight. I know that the store I work in has been holding a couple of shippments back to have plenty for sale when they have the tournament this weekend. So I know they will be putting them on shelves tonight. I figure I'll stop in the morning and pick some up before going to my regular job. Or I'll stop at three when the two day is supposed to start so I can get the backpack as well. But I want to make sure I'm getting what he needs to be able to play.

So if I just get him something lik this http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3350245 or http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3121216 would he be off to a good start and be able to play with his new bakugans on christmas day?

Okay I have yet another question.

I see bakugan starter packs and I see series two starter packs. Which should I get?

Can series one play with series two? Or do I need to find out what series his friends have in order to be sure they can play together?

if you see it, buy it!!!!

my ds 13 told me that each player needs to have at least 3 ball-guys to play...he was given 3 for his birthday, but can't play the 'real' way with his brothers cause they don't have any

the smaller bakugan's are the ones you want...the bigger ones aren't as cool

I belive they can though I am not 100% positive. This is all my ds wants for christmas as well however we've told him no to the small balls as we have a 2 yr old and a 10 month old.. Something to think about for us moms out there with younger children.. You can still do the actio n figures... These balls are extremely small and they open into a small creature.. with small moving parts and younger children, this spells trouble to me..

They do have a larger style bakugan that might be good for those worried about younger siblings. And the large ones are alot easier to get ahold of since they aren't as popular.

I worked at TRU last night and they were unloading the truck with a whole bunch of bakugan's expected. I went in this morning and they weren't on the truck. I did stop at walmart and they had several of the individual bakugan's but no starter pack which is what I really wanted.

My son plays with these all the time. You do not need the arena. Basically, the balls and the cards. Some cards are metal and some are not. They only open on the metal ones (I believe all balls come with at least one of these). The non-metal are for enhancing the "battle." The series are not important. Get something to keep them in, like a tin or ziplock (it need not be "Bakugan" themed!), because they are really small and pets think they are fun. Or, you can stick them all on your refrigerator like we did one day (they are magnetic and this makes them open up and stay there).

They had none at TRU and I asked and they told me that they are putting them out tomorrow. I asked if it would be tomorrow when they open or tomorrow when the Bakugan tournament started and they didn't know. They said it's up to the mgr tomorrow.

So I went across the street to Target and got the last 2. The ones at TRU were $13.99 (I think that's what the tags said) and at Target they were $10.09.

These are soooooo hard to find here in Nashville!! I went to TRU this morning at 7:30 AM and they had about 12 booster packs with one marble and card. No starter packs and they told me they put them out as soon as they get them and they are usually gone in 2 hours!! My 5 year old is crazy about them. I did buy the arena and 3 of the booster packs, which got me the free backpack too! I'm still hoping to find a 4 starter packs, 1 for him and 3 more for my nephews.

Last time I looked, they had almost 4000 listings on ebay for them!