New Cell Phone Company?

Ok, I've been with Cingular Wireless since 2002, very happily I might add, until they were taken over by AT&T and since then i've been :mad: I figured out that they were adding charges to my bills on things that I had never before been charged for, and after calling them and having them promise to remove the charges and make sure it didn't occur again...well guess what, still there and MORE!!!! to the tune of about $50! :eek: Needless to say i'm peeved, but i'm also not under contract so i'm free to get the hell out (after I have them REMOVE those charges).

So, who likes their provider? Any recommendations for me? Any assistance or deals would be most welcome as I start my research :yup: i'm in PA.

I've had Sprint since 2000. Not gonna say I've been extremely happy with them (I believe there are even some venting threads around here somewhere where I've complained). In 2006 I changed it to a family plan and added one extra line. The bill was messed up for months!! Every time I called to get something straightened out, they would try to compensate by offering a feature for a lower price. I had to call so many times to get so many things fixed that my plan got down to $40 for 2 lines, 1000 min, unlimited n/w starting at 7, unlimited everything else pretty much (texts, internet, data, mobile to mobile, etc).

So now I just stay because it's so low. I just make sure I monitor my bill very closely.

Well Att and bought Cell one in our area on Jan1. I had put off switching as I was not under a plan any longer and what att had to offer was more expensive. Well it cost them money to have both of these hubs operating so they want everyone to switch. They asked why I would not switch and I told them I have more minutes for the same money. They gave me the same minutes for the same money. So if your service is OK try to wheel and deal. It is amazing how much these cell companys will give to keep you.

I've had ATT since they were Cingular I started with them in 2002 as well I also used to work for them honestly your best bet is to first go to a store and b**** till they show you where the charges came from and how they can be removed and remember to hover over they're shoulder as they fix the problem after they remove whatever it is make them give you a confirmation print out then call and make them remove the charges and if they reappear you have proof of having something upgraded or removed if you tell me what the charges are from I can help you better to fix the problem also your job and or school may get you a discount pm me with some details and I'll help you out I don't want/need any personal info just a list of charges and what features you pay for ie text, internet P.S. they're good for the roadside for $2.99 if you don't need it make sure you have them remove it ASAP

I agree that Sprint will turn cartwheels to try and keep you - I called to cancel a year ago and ended up getting 9 months absolutely free -- FREE, no tax, no nuthin' - I just had to remember to call back just before the end of each 3 month period and re-cancel, and they'd make the same 3-months-free offer again. I still canceled at the end of the 9 months (when they didn't re-offer) ... now I have Tracfone and love the ease and lack of monthly bills. I don't use my phone for anything but phone calls, and not more than about 300 minutes a month. If you're like me, the prepaid phones make a lot of sense. If you use your phone for tons of things in addition to phone calls, and run up a lot of minutes, then the prepaids don't make sense. There are Web sites that offer reviews of all the companies, along with user comments, and that will help you narrow down what's best for you depending on where you are.

Make sure you use a corporate store when you go in person. The branch stores around here are worthless if you want anything taken care of. I've found that I know more about the phones than most of their employees. We've had their service since 1990 and we've been through several name changes. I get tired of them being in the dark about what is available. Ok, I'm done. Make sure it's a corporate store or call the main number.

What I have noticed is that it matters little if someone loves their cell phone service UNLESS they live in my area and need the same stuff I do.

I need family plans and great coverage and not all cell companies had great coverage in some of the little areas I drove.

Although I see the great progress that cell companies have made through the years, there are still some areas where one company won't be the best for you, depending on where you live.

I personally have Sprint. Got some good deals, still wish I paid less but I stay with them because of the coverage. I have yet to be disappointed with their signal. Dealing with their Customer Service is what I consider a trade off.

Switched to Metro PCS and LOVE it! I pay $45 (after taxes) for unlimited minutes and texting. A family plan (4) is $99 a month of unlimited minutes.

Pros

- cheap

- nice phones

- have the ringtones and bells and whistles

- unlimited minutes

- different plans (i.e: local calls only = $35, add $5 for long distance another 5 for texting...etc)

- no contract

Cons

- service can be spotty at times (occasional dead zone)

- Only major cities are in coverage area

- phones are pricier than others (I paid $79 for my phone)

- must pay bill online to avoid billing fees.