Getting a Wii for X'mas? You NEED this! Dual Charging Station $11.99 w/FS @ BUY.com

magickallight

If you are getting the kids (or yourself) :P a Wii for Christmas - you will NEED one of these - they really save a TON on batteries! :yup: Buy.com has their Dual Charging Station w/ 2 Rechargeable Battery & LED light for Wii Remote Control, White - GNINWIIXTC03

List Price: See Details $34.99

Price: $11.99

Shipping: $0.00

Ships from and sold by Eforcity

http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/prod_lrg_images/594/205880594.jpg

Never run out of battery power when you are about to score the winning point. Save money and protect the environment by using the rechargeable battery High capacity battery that lasts 2~4 times longer than the standard AA batteries Dock both of your remote and plug it into any USB port. No need to remove the battery! Blue LED light glow from the base of the dock station Package includes: 2 Ni-Mh Rechargeable battery USB cable Dual Remote Control Charging Dock Accessory ONLY. Nintendo Wii Remote control not included. Compatible with: Nintendo Wii

http://www.buy.com/prod/dual-charging-station-w-2-rechargeable-battery-led-light-for-wii/q/loc/108/205880594.html

We have this:Just note that this plugs into a USB port NOT an outlet. If your WII isnt by something else that has a USB port(our cable box has one) then the WII has to be on for your WIImotes to charge- or in another room where there is a USB port. just an FYI

:D

I would pass on this...many reviews are poor...

the USB cord is less than a foot long,

The batteries don't last too long

the blue idle/charged light is really bright

the silicone covers have to come off the controllers to put them in the charger

remote is hard to seat in charger

will not charge when the wii is off...does charge in stand-by mode tho.

I have quite a few AA Ni-Mh batteries with chargers, those work great and last way longer than this is reported to on 1 charge (2-4 hours) .

Exactly. I agree with your post below. (My own opinion, not knocking anyone who really wants a docking/charging station.)

I actually posted a thread last week about charging WII remotes. I decided to go the rechargeable battery route as well.

Target has Duracell batteries and chargers on sale THIS WEEK -in the ad.

Just bought them on Sunday.

And you get a 5 dollar gift card when you buy 2 items.

And the duracell charger thing is waaaay smaller than a docking station sitting somewhere. Just FYI, hope this helps others decide...

I would pass on this...many reviews are poor...

the USB cord is less than a foot long,

The batteries don't last too long

the blue idle/charged light is really bright

the silicone covers have to come off the controllers to put them in the charger

remote is hard to seat in charger

will not charge when the wii is off...does charge in stand-by mode tho.

I have quite a few AA Ni-Mh batteries with chargers, those work great and last way longer than this is reported to on 1 charge (2-4 hours) .

Can someone tell me how long the batteries last vs using the charging station? I bought a WII for my nieces but don't know whether I should buy this also. Will they go thru batteries several times a game ?

I use Wii Fit almost daily and my sons play other games too and so far I have found that regular alkaline AA batteries last pretty long - at least a few weeks or longer. If you have several remotes and can alternate them then that avoids wear and tear on a single remote and spreads out the battery usage too...

...and if you are considering Wii Fit, the balance board battery usage is even more impressive - I used it for about 100 days with the original batteries until it signaled me that they were low!

Thanks cokemeyer for that valuable information.

I got the wii fit on amazon week and I so want to open and use it--but am not.

What are all the games/exercises you can do with it? (I'd love it if you had time to PM me, if not I understand.)

no problem - I'm up way too late already anyway! :) I'll just post here so everyone can see. Nintendo ought to pay me for all the nice things I say about Wii Fit. For someone like me who has never been very "active" and hated video games, I'm a believer!

Wii Fit is divided into 4 basic categories as far as exercises go. You can also take balance tests and weigh yourself whenever you feel like it (I never feel like it, lol!) You have to design your own routine but this is how I approach it:

Balance games: I play about 5 mins of balance games to warm up. They are all so much fun! Skiing, Ski-jump, balance rope, snowboarding, penguin slide, and table tilt to name just a few. My favorite is the table tilt, hands down. Just like those games where you have to get marbles into a hole but YOU are the table. :)

Aerobics: This is where I need to spend the most time burning calories so I do at least 30-35 minutes here. The aerobic options are Rhythm Boxing, Step Class (my fave), Running, Hula Hoops. There are variations and levels of each.

Yoga: I usually pick one or two of the many poses to do as a cool down, stretch. They are all the classic poses that you might do in a yoga class. Very neat the way the board measures your balance and form!

Strength training: There are again many to choose from but I usually focus on the sit-up ("jackknife") challenge so that I get the most repetitions (up to 100 so far). Very effective to have someone (the virtual trainer) doing it along with me so I keep up and don't get lazy, lol!

My only complaint about Wii Fit is that after a while you crave more variety in the aerobics portion. I am getting the Jillian Michaels disc for Christmas but the reviews aren't very good. :( I just know Nintendo must have a Wii Fit II on the horizon!

hth!

Thank you cokemeyer, once again. That gave me a great idea of what I am really getting and from what you said I think it was a good choice.

It is a "family gift" to all of us from "santa" so it has to wait until Christmas...

My sons love wii, hope they will love this as we all become too inactive in the winter.

The Penguin slide, skiing and tilt sound like things they'd definitely enjoy! :yup: Sometimes just getting them interested in the beginning is all it takes...

Thank you cokemeyer, once again. That gave me a great idea of what I am really getting and from what you said I think it was a good choice.

It is a "family gift" to all of us from "santa" so it has to wait until Christmas...

My sons love wii, hope they will love this as we all become too inactive in the winter.

The Penguin slide, skiing and tilt sound like things they'd definitely enjoy! :yup: Sometimes just getting them interested in the beginning is all it takes...

yes, I was actually shocked when my kids, aged 6, 4 and 1 all got interested in Wii Fit right along with me. It is more popular with them than even the really fun regular games, like Mariokart. My little one (20 months) even does the exercises right along with me, which is as adorable as it is distracting. I just need to figure out how to not get her to step onto the board while I am exercising because then this message will pop up saying "your weight is a little different than last time, do you want to continue?" "A little different" is putting it VERY nicely, lol.

wow - venusaur - a few hours is all you get on the remotes? I wonder if continuous play of certain types (e.g. games that require lots of buttons to be pushed, etc) wear on them more than the type of games we play. I was very pleasantly surprised at how long we got out of just the starter set of batteries that are included with the remotes. My kids singing toys wear batteries out faster, it seems.... Keep in mind, I did say that we have more than one remote (2) and alternate using them, so if you use the same one all the time, you have to consider that. I will say this - I am all for using rechargeable batteries, but they do tend to lose their efficacy over time, and take shorter and shorter amounts of time to discharge. So keep that in mind... for now we are just using regular alkaline batteries (usually Rayovac)

In any case, thank you OP for this great deal alert - seems like a great accessory to have on hand!