$50 Stocking for my Girlfriend

ElCid2002

My girlfriend and I (Two and a half years / living together) have decided to take it easy this Christmas and only give each other stockings with a $50 MAX (Not including the price of the stocking or shipping on any gifts). So, I'm having a great time with this, but I can always use some help. So far I've spent $10.50 and gotten:

2 Victoria's Secret Bras and 1 Underwear (Thanks to that GREAT deal last week)

2 Dockers Women's Golf Shirts from Bob's (Clearance + Friends & Family + $10 Coupon)

Any help will be greatly appreciated. She is an athletic girl into Soccer and Golf as well as a nursing student so anything practical is good too. Medium Top and Small Bottoms for clothes. Thanks again to all!!! Happy hunting!

~Mike

My girlfriend and I (Two and a half years / living together) have decided to take it easy this Christmas and only give each other stockings with a $50 MAX (Not including the price of the stocking or shipping on any gifts). So, I'm having a great time with this, but I can always use some help. So far I've spent $10.50 and gotten:

2 Victoria's Secret Bras and 1 Underwear (Thanks to that GREAT deal last week)

2 Dockers Women's Golf Shirts from Bob's (Clearance + Friends & Family + $10 Coupon)

Any help will be greatly appreciated. She is an athletic girl into Soccer and Golf as well as a nursing student so anything practical is good too. Medium Top and Small Bottoms for clothes. Thanks again to all!!! Happy hunting!

~Mike

Dang...You already gave her the perfect boyfriend. A bargain shopper!!!! :D That is incredible that you already have that much for $10.50???? I'm impressed!!!! :yup: Wanna teach my husband about finding deals????

if you have ULTA cosmetic stores near you sign up for emails and they will send you in email or snail mail coupons. last year i used the $3.50 coupon and got 10 hot cocoa fragrance hand lotion for under ten dollars with the 3.50 coupon

a charm for her cell phone

a pair of crazy shoelaces

if her hair os long some hair clips or barrettes

target had some nice hand lotions in the %1 spot a while back

if she drinks coffee she can always use mcdonalds gift card for coffee

First of all, you have done extraordinary with what you have bought already! :gdclap:

And perhaps you are not ready to get her a diamond, but jewelry is rarely not wanted...

What is her birthstone? Since you still have 40 to spend, you may be able to find a nice ring or earrings in her birthstone.

The bras should fill up the toe of the stocking well :yup: and the t-shirts too... you could wrap the jewelry in a box a little bigger than needed --to fool her. . .

Who knows-- you could find some jewelry for 25 or 35 on Amazon and still have 5 dollars.

With 5 dollars you could get 5 large candy bars. (Walgreens has Hershey on sale this week, 2/$2 huge bars!) jewelry and chocolate and what you have purchased so far--fantastic!!

Good luck, have fun, she is a lucky gal.

Don't know if you have a Boscovs near you, but they had (2) $10 off $10 coupons in the paper yesterday here, and 75% off fine jewelry. I was able to pick my neice up an $80 gold charm for $10.60 out of pocket! Could only use ONE coupon per purchase. But if you can find some deals like that, you could really get some great jewelry with that leftover money you have.

Good Luck,

P.S. You will have to come back and post after Christmas how she loved the way you were able to stretch your $50! And let us know how she did for you also!

Dang...You already gave her the perfect boyfriend. A bargain shopper!!!! :D That is incredible that you already have that much for $10.50???? I'm impressed!!!! :yup: Wanna teach my husband about finding deals????

Can u teach my dh as well?

Did you check out the Bath and body works thread? If you have other women to buy for, (mom, grandma,sis, etc.) You're girlfriend can get the $100 gift set for $15.

I know this is a little over your budget but it is cute.....It is 55 with Free Shipping at tiffany & co.

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr323/KrystalMae1231/minidoubleheartpendant.jpg

Where did you find that--I love that? I am looking on the site, it can't possibly be THAT cheap.

I found one for $225 dollars, not 55.

Edited by allshoppedout

I am also a nursing student and find these clinical pocket guides very useful. Packed full of info, small enough to fit in the scrub pocket, and they are laminated so if anything gets on it it wipes right off. Its not exactly romantic but you said practical is good. These and a good cup of coffee get me through my clinical rotations.

RNnotes, Medsurg notes etc.. they make them for psych, pediatric and maternity as well

here is a link to them on amazon if your thrifty you can pick up a few for under a 5 apeice

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_0_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rnotes+nurse%27s+clinical+pocket+guide&sprefix=rnotes

I am also a nursing student and find these clinical pocket guides very useful. Packed full of info, small enough to fit in the scrub pocket, and they are laminated so if anything gets on it it wipes right off. Its not exactly romantic but you said practical is good. These and a good cup of coffee get me through my clinical rotations.

RNnotes, Medsurg notes etc.. they make them for psych, pediatric and maternity as well

here is a link to them on amazon if your thrifty you can pick up a few for under a 5 apeice

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_0_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rnotes+nurse%27s+clinical+pocket+guide&sprefix=rnotes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is a GREAT idea. She has pediatrics next semester. Which one exactly do you recommend? (Title). I see a ton and I want to make sure I get a good one. Thanks again to EVERYONE... I'll keep you all posted as I work my way through this little $50 adventure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is a GREAT idea. She has pediatrics next semester. Which one exactly do you recommend? (Title). I see a ton and I want to make sure I get a good one. Thanks again to EVERYONE... I'll keep you all posted as I work my way through this little $50 adventure.

Since she is starting PEDS right after X-mas I would go with... OB/Peds Women's Health Notes: Nurse's Clinical Pocket Guide. It has maternity and peds so its like a bonus if she hasn't had maternity yet or a reference if she has.

Here is the link at amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/OB-Peds-Womens-Health-Notes/dp/0803614667/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226570596&sr=1-3

If she likes it then she can always check out the others. I forgot to add you can write on the pages and erase it.

Also some are geared toward rns and others not so much I doubt she will ever need nutri notes as she is not planning a patients diet.

Other good ones for nurses are

RNotes - vital sign normal ranges and some basic lab values and an overview of what to assess for each body system

MEDsurg notes - specific info about certain illnesses what to assess for

IV med notes or IV therapy notes - one has how to administer iv meds step by step and how to calculate the flow rate

She probably already has a drug book and or drug cards so she may not need the one on MED notes

Just wanted to add you are a great boyfriend and I'm sure she will be happy with your stocking.

Edited by Collinsmommy315
forgot a title

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update, but I think I'm done:

Victoria's Secret Demi Bra - Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Boyshorts - Victoria's Secret

Dockers Golf Shirt - Bob's Stores

Dockers Golf Tank - Bob's Stores

Long Sleeve Knit Shirt - Gap Outlet

Antigua Red Sox Snap Button Polo - JC Penney

Pink Reebok Jacket - Bargain Outfitters

Gray Reebok Jacket - Bargain Outfitters

Reebok T-Shirt - Bob's Stores

VS Henley Sweater - Victoria's Secret

VS Signature Cotton Thong - Victoria's Secret

The total MSRP for all this is $381.98, but I got it all for $49.35 by using a combination of clearance, offers codes, Friends & Family and coupons. I'm not gonna lie... I'm pretty proud of myself.

Just an update, but I think I'm done:

Victoria's Secret Boyshorts - Victoria's Secret

Dockers Golf Shirt - Bob's Stores

Dockers Golf Tank - Bob's Stores

Antigua Red Sox Snap Button Polo - JC Penney

Pink Reebok Jacket - Bargain Outfitters

Gray Reebok Jacket - Bargain Outfitters

Reebok T-Shirt - Bob's Stores

VS Henley Sweater - Victoria's Secret

The total MSRP for all this is $381.98, but I got it all for $49.35 by using a combination of clearance, offers codes, Friends & Family and coupons. I'm not gonna lie... I'm pretty proud of myself.

great job! if she doesn't frequent the site, she is never going to believe you stayed in budget!!

Not to stir the pot, but after 2++ years together and living together---Wouldn't it shocked her if you gave her a diamond ring??? Just a hint.;)

That would bust the $50 budget though. :yup:

We didn't get engaged until after 5+ years. Didn't help that we met in college and we were WAY too young to consider getting married.

BEWARE. This website is FAKE.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/312/RipOff0312547.htm

If the price is too good to be true, it is.