Nextar GPS Text to Speech $99.93 QVC.com

allshoppedout

I hope this is hot deal, it sounded good to me

(trying to get pic to show up.)

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.tsv!.tpl.tsv.cm_scid.TSV?cm_re=PROMOTIONS-_-TSV-_-TSV,TSV&cm_sp=TSV-_-HP-_-IMAGE

* Includes GPS unit with built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery, 2GB SD card, suction cup windshield mount, dashboard disk, car adapter, USB cable, stylus, and carrying case

* 3.5" diagonal touchscreen display

* Text-to-speech navigation

* 2-D and 3-D map viewing modes

* Speed alert

* Built-in speaker

* Displays JPEG files

* Plays MP3 files

* SD memory card slot

* NAVTEQ maps of entire USA included on 2GB SD card

* Address book stores up to 300 addresses

* Voice prompts and menus in English, Spanish, and French

* Measures approximately 4"L x 1"W x 3"H

* 1-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty

* Made in China

S & H is 6.97 *You can do easy pay on it too. Working on getting picture up.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.tsv!.tpl.tsv.cm_scid.TSV?cm_re=PROMOTIONS-_-TSV-_-TSV,TSV&cm_sp=TSV-_-HP-_-IMAGE

I just saw the presentation on this one..really nice. It has text to speech so it will name

all the street names. It has free updates on maps plus it has all the usual..restaurants,

hospitals, gas etc etc

It is on 3 easy pays of $33.33 for a total of $99.99

I just saw the presentation on this one..really nice. It has text to speech so it will name

all the street names. It has free updates on maps plus it has all the usual..restaurants,

hospitals, gas etc etc

It is on 3 easy pays of $33.33 for a total of $99.99

Yes and only 7 bucks to ship instead of a looong black Friday line.... I am really thinking about this one for a gift to someone....

( I have a TOM TOM and love it and it isn't even text to speech.)

I have posted images before but cannot seem to get that to work, tried 4 times... gave up

Nextar isn't nearly as popular as TomTom, Garmin and Magellan. I'd pass, unless it was $45.

There really isn't any reassurance that they'll be releasing map updates.

1.6 million POIs is nowhere near the 6 million available on most GPS units. That leads to a lot of tedious searching for and then hand-keying in the addresses for where ever you want to go.

Nextar isn't nearly as popular as TomTom, Garmin and Magellan. I'd pass, unless it was $45.

There really isn't any reassurance that they'll be releasing map updates.

1.6 million POIs is nowhere near the 6 million available on most GPS units. That leads to a lot of tedious searching for and then hand-keying in the addresses for where ever you want to go.

Was wondering too - as my sister and I are getting a GPS for our mom for Christmas. She saw the Nextar on sale at Kmart for $99 (after mir) - and I told her to hold off since it's going to be $79 on Thanksgiving day (after mir).

Now I am thinking the Staples deal - Tom Tom, I think, might be a better fit. I'd hate to give this as a gift and it not be as good as something else that costs about the same. (I didn't know it only had 1.6m POI)

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Was wondering too - as my sister and I are getting a GPS for our mom for Christmas. She saw the Nextar on sale at Kmart for $99 (after mir) - and I told her to hold off since it's going to be $79 on Thanksgiving day (after mir).

Now I am thinking the Staples deal - Tom Tom, I think, might be a better fit. I'd hate to give this as a gift and it not be as good as something else that costs about the same. (I didn't know it only had 1.6m POI)

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

The POI list is very important -- otherwise you have a web-enabled phone and don't mind using Google to search for an address, but even then, it can get really old to have to hand-key addresses for restaurants, hotels, sporting venues, etc. that you want to drive to.

Even 6 million isn't perfect, BTW. There are still things that are missing.

The POI list is very important -- otherwise you have a web-enabled phone and don't mind using Google to search for an address, but even then, it can get really old to have to hand-key addresses for restaurants, hotels, sporting venues, etc. that you want to drive to.

Even 6 million isn't perfect, BTW. There are still things that are missing.

I got the Navigon 2100T deal last BF, and it's a pretty good little machine, but to be honest, I don't really care about the "Traffic" updates as they have never affected me (or where I drive). I do like the text to speech - it's really helpful in areas around here that are confusing. I don't know what the POI count is on that one - but they've already offered 2 updates since last Christmas. My only complaint is that the screen is b/w - except for when you come up to a freeway exit (then it's in color). But for $99 last year, I think I got a pretty good deal.

I am still holding out to see what other stores offer - Nextar is not my first choice.

My only complaint is that the screen is b/w - except for when you come up to a freeway exit (then it's in color). But for $99 last year, I think I got a pretty good deal.

I am still holding out to see what other stores offer - Nextar is not my first choice.

TomTom units have at least 10 color profiles that you can choose from, and you can download more. Or create your own (you can create a new profile on your computer) -- want to make bodies of water purple? Go for it.