Airsoft rifles or pistols

My son is heavily into them. We got his at Walmart and a hunting/sporting store. We bought one from eBay and it didn't work, luckily we sent it back and the man refunded but I would definitely stick with a local shop in case they don't work. He got what they call an electric one, it takes batteries, shoots the BB's further (plastic ones). They dress up in protective gear and shoot each other like paintball.

My son is heavily into them. We got his at Walmart and a hunting/sporting store. We bought one from eBay and it didn't work, luckily we sent it back and the man refunded but I would definitely stick with a local shop in case they don't work. He got what they call an electric one, it takes batteries, shoots the BB's further (plastic ones). They dress up in protective gear and shoot each other like paintball.

Have you ever had any injuries from them?

Michele

Have you ever had any injuries from them?

Michele

No injuries on the kids but my brother (and this is a DUH moment) picked up my son's gun and shot it into his hand, he didn't know it was loaded up and the batteries were in, it didn't penetrate the skin just stung and of course embarassed him, he should of known better. LOL They should wear protective eye and face gear and generally if they are wearing long sleeve shirts and pants, they really shouldn't feel anything. My son has an old motorcross face mask that works fine for this.

My 17 year old is an expert and he said to tell you to buy an automatic with the ones you put the bb's in the scope. It should say it on the package. He said you do not have to buy an expensive brand either to get good quality. If it is around $40 to $50 it should be a descent gun. Do not buy a single shot. My advice as the mom is-------- I had my son hold his gun up close(to our garage vinyl siding, in a spot on the bottom where it wouldn't show) about 3-5ft away and the bb put a little tiny hole in it. So our rule is SAFETY first, always wear safety glasses or you never play at our house again and you do not shoot towards my house with vinyl siding. They usually play at my cousins farm anyway so it isn't that big of a deal. But they should always wear safety glasses and protect there ears with a hat. They will have a blast if they follow these rules.

okay- this is #1 stuff on my son's list too. We usually shop Sports Authority, Dicks Sporting Goods, Sportsmans Warehouse, also possibly KMart and Big 5. Sports Authority had good coupons on their ad this week- $25 off $100 purchase- you will need lots of the little plastic BBs, and I mean lots, and plan on them all over the house all the time (not from shooting- they just magically end up on the floor and everywhere- remember play-doh and crayons when your kids were younger- about the same concept at our house, just older toys!!!)

Almost forgot- this was last years's # 1 also, and Sports Authority had a BF thing where the first 100 in line got a scratch coupon for anywhere between 10 and 100 dollars off (if I remember correctly) so hubby and I went and stood in line at about 5 am, were still first 100 but close to end, hubby got 30 off, I got 10 off, and they had the guns for a percentage off (maybe 25 or 30%????) so we totally got an awesome gun for a great deal.

Oh yeah, another thing, agree with everyone saying get electric- that is the big deal about a new gun this year- you can get ones with rechargeable batteries. The single shot spring ones are okay too, but they like to have one electric one. Goggles and stuff are a must for sure!

Edited by rachealb

Here are a bunch of them, they are mixed in with a few BB guns so you have to look through them. The automatics are nice BUT the airsoft pellets are expensive and you could empty a clip quick! This site is awesome and even has target traps for airguns. I just bought a BB gun target that you shoot 4 targets then the top target resets them for you.

+ I found you a $5 off coupon to help with shipping,lol. SH587 = $5 off!

rifles:

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/browse.aspx?c=1&s=29

pistols

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/browse.aspx?c=1&s=28