Amazon Frustration-Free™ Packaging

amberc

Saw this on Amazon today and I must say, I'm quite excited about it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_7707862_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000276271&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1AHA7ZBFVCF7V0K4JQ66&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=458645201&pf_rd_i=1234279011

Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging, a multi-year initiative designed to alleviate "wrap rage," features recyclable boxes that are easy to open and free of excess materials such as hard plastic clamshell cases, plastic bindings, and wire ties. The product itself is exactly the same—we’ve just streamlined the packaging.

I don't understand how it got to be such an issue that there needed to be such secure *read PITA* packaging in the first place...my siblings and I all survived childhood just fine being able to get things out of packages ourselves...nowadays, you need a parent, a screwdriver, and an engineering degree...WTF, it's a toy, not a nuclear bomb!

So the point is that if you've ordered it online they know you've paid for it and that it needs less security for the packaging? Great idea! I've got to go check it out. I agree, the plainer packaging might be problematic for gift-giving. Unless you grew up in my family where many gifts came wrapped in an instant oatmeal or cracker box anyway...ha ha...visitors always thought we were odd (dude I thought your mom gave you oatmeal for your birthday!)

I've spent many the christmas eves undoing all the plastic ties and screws on toys and then placing them back in the box (a compromise between 'why don't we just put out the toy' and

'the agony of struggling with packaging is part of the fun'). Two year olds don't see any fun in waiting 20 minutes for you to struggle open a toy. Trust me.

i dont like the plain packaging...sure it's a pain opening the boxes, but it's more exciting for the kids to know what they got!

But they can get into the packages and just dump out the toy to see what it is...and there's no waiting for mom and dad to fight with it while they're whining that they just WANT THAT TOY!!

So the point is that if you've ordered it online they know you've paid for it and that it needs less security for the packaging? Great idea! I've got to go check it out. I agree, the plainer packaging might be problematic for gift-giving. Unless you grew up in my family where many gifts came wrapped in an instant oatmeal or cracker box anyway...ha ha...visitors always thought we were odd (dude I thought your mom gave you oatmeal for your birthday!)

I've spent many the christmas eves undoing all the plastic ties and screws on toys and then placing them back in the box (a compromise between 'why don't we just put out the toy' and

'the agony of struggling with packaging is part of the fun'). Two year olds don't see any fun in waiting 20 minutes for you to struggle open a toy. Trust me.

Of course the old trick of feminine products boxes comes to mind!!:blush:

i dont like the plain packaging...sure it's a pain opening the boxes, but it's more exciting for the kids to know what they got!

I agree. :D

Buy some diagonal cutters. (they are probably already in your tool box). I bought a small tool kit from Target after Christmas last year that I keep in my laundry room. You can cut those little things really easily. You don't have to untie them. It isn't that hard! I keep the kit under my couch while the kids open presents. I know I'll need it. :D

I ordered my niece some Magtastiks from kbtoys last year and they came in a plain box like that. I felt like I was giving her some kinda swap meet clearance toy or something. Kids see a cardboard box and have NO idea what it is. That isn't much fun. Seems like it is easier for them to re-sell previously opened boxes. :eyepoppin