Cyber Monday

zzyzx

Does the Cyber-Monday sales event rate high enough to get its own Gotta Deal forum? I remember several bargains I got from Staples on Cyber-Monday 2006. I bought my recertified (brand new as far as I could tell) Brother MFC-8640D printer/copier/scanner/FAX online that included a sizable rebate, a free case of printing paper, and several other items. In the end, I remember feeling I got a steal of a deal on that Cyber-Monday. Edited by zzyzx
Spelling Errors

I ordered a Samsung computer monitor from Newegg last CyberMonday on a deal I found through GD, and returned the similar one I had purchased at BB three days earlier on BF. CyberMonday definitely worth checking out, but probably fine if it is just on the main site here. Keep those deals coming. :yup:

Cyber Monday is a gimmick that seems to be all talk and no substance - For the past few years, I haven't seen any deals on cyber monday that were any better than normal sales and nothing anywhere near as good as black friday sales.

I agree completely. Cyber Monday has got to be the most over-hyped, overrated shopping day there is. It is nothing more than a marketing gimmick without any real deals. If you can't find a deal on the item you want on Black Friday the skip Cyber Monday and wait until the last two weeks before Christmas.

Cyber Monday was created by the industry to give the online retailers some press with the thinking that a lot of people order online the Monday after BF. But people order online all throughout the next 2 months, so that doesn't really hold true.

You have these online retailers that think they are putting out these great deals, when in reality they are comparable to deals offered now. Plus most of the online retailers aren't waiting for Cyber Monday and instead have their best deals on Thanksgiving and Black Friday so they can get your money before you go to the stores.

I will say that a few big-name online-only retailers have some big plans for BF/CM. I can't give any more details yet, but there will be some very, very nice deals ;)

Not by choice. For example, Dell is having us sign an NDA to learn about their deals early, so you know they have some big things planned :D

Wish we could say the same about Apple. I REALLY wish they would do something good on BF. Is that too much to ask? :o