Employee service on black friday??

glm777

I'm looking to buy a 42 in LCD and three 22 inch ones this year. I know I will not be able to lug 4 tvs out of the store myself! Do you all think that there will be employees available to grab what I need and bring it to the checkout? I was actually thinking about getting some "SOLD" stickers (the really big ones) and running over to the TVs, putting sold stickers on theones I want , THEN looking around for an available employee to help me.

Of course, if Target has what I'm looking for I'm going to get them a few days before and then price adjust - but you never know what stores will have what bargains.

any suggestions on the best way to handle this??

Edited by bigjimslade
making title into a question and not a statement

Welcome to the community!

I highly doubt that there will be extra employees that will be there to help and such. Most of them will be doing crowd control and check out. What store are you looking to go at? Also if you are looking into doing price matching I would check with the store before hand just in case they dont do it this year. Stores are putting in price matching clauses in there rules for Black Friday.

I'm looking to buy a 42 in LCD and three 22 inch ones this year. I know I will not be able to lug 4 tvs out of the store myself! Do you all think that there will be employees available to grab what I need and bring it to the checkout? I was actually thinking about getting some "SOLD" stickers (the really big ones) and running over to the TVs, putting sold stickers on theones I want , THEN looking around for an available employee to help me.

Of course, if Target has what I'm looking for I'm going to get them a few days before and then price adjust - but you never know what stores will have what bargains.

Well the three 22' inch TVs should fit in a shopping cart.

Depending on where you go you might have to pick up the 42' inch TV or somebody will bring it to you.

You might want to find somebody to come with you.

I got a TV one year at walmart and they gave out tickets to take to register to pay for it and then drive around back to get TV.

Sears was basically the same, paid for it and drove around back to pick it up.

If you will be by yourself try to find out which stores have pickup in back last thing on stores minds on BF will be helping people who cant carry items. If the stores dont have it to where you pick up items in back you better have 4 people and 4 buggies ready to get what you want on that day. Good luck and dont hurt yourself picking up something heavy.

If all you are getting are the TV's, I would just stand in line and when you get to the register tell them what you want and pay for them. More than likely, they would have someone to help out. I would be very surprised if they did not. I also agree with taking someone with you. It could never hurt to have help.

WOW what walmart was that ? i love the ticket idea and it helps at most stores, even kmart does it. Our walmart is crazy, they refuse to do tickets. thats why I avoid it.

It was in cookeville TN, Tv's were the only items they handed out slips for, and you had to stand in a line for them. They didnt give them out until the sale started. They had a table set up and a line formed beside the table.

The last two years I started my shopping at BestBuy stores in different cities and in both cases I was very pleasantly surprised how helpful their staff were considering the crowds. In both cases when i asked an employee where something was (expecting only to be sent in the right direction), they personally took me to the place and assisted in getting the item--and then went for a second item I wanted.

If they have a deal you are interested in and you are willing to brave their early crowds, BB will probably help you.

I'm gonna throw this out there.... The Apple Store and their Employees on BF are the COOLEST people you will ever meet. They hand out T-Shirts when they first open, AND they hand out little gifts throughout the day. Last year, I got a T-Shirt, and a $5 iTunes Gift Card! I LOVE APPLE! I'm a geek.. so sue me. LOL.