TRU Prices

samisma

Has anyone else started their comparison shopping yet?

I do a service for a local mommy's group where they keep a running list of what toys they are looking for and what their budgets are and I find them the best prices I can etc etc.

What I've been noticing is that 9 times out of 10 Toys R Us is less money. The only exception has been occasionally Walmart has been less or within 1 dollar of the TRU price.

This is not something that I'm used to, every other year that I've done this TRU has been one of the higher priced merchants!

And with their big book sale & coupons the price savings can really stack up.

Has anyone else noticed that? I guess I'm just not used to the role reversal. It used to be that I would try to purchase an item anywhere but at TRU because of their inflated prices.

I guess these mommies were asking about the wrong toys then lol

The biggest difference I saw was about these toys called Horseland - the dolls, horses, and barn.

Oh and then the Barbie Diamond Castle deal - but TRU sweetened that with their coupons and promises of free barbie dresses etc. I think most of the mommies in this group would buy the toys in store at TRU if they could.

Amazon is usually my old faithful for shopping for the exact reasons you listed, plus I don't like fighting the crowds or waiting in line. :)

The dollhouse I want for DD5 are different brands between the two but extremely similar in make. TRU is $10 dollars higher but I have $10.00 off if you spend $100. The other things I want to get will be over $75.00 so I get a $10.00 gift card for that. So if I buy the extra furniture and a few other things first I will get the dollhouse $10.00 cheaper than at Walmart. (did that make sense??)

The dollhouse I want for DD5 are different brands between the two but extremely similar in make. TRU is $10 dollars higher but I have $10.00 off if you spend $100. The other things I want to get will be over $75.00 so I get a $10.00 gift card for that. So if I buy the extra furniture and a few other things first I will get the dollhouse $10.00 cheaper than at Walmart. (did that make sense??)

If it's the same 2 dollhouses I've been looking at, I think the one at TRU is much cuter. I've also seen a very cute one at Buy.com and another one on the Penney's website. The price point is about the same (from $80-$100 range) on all of them. It's just a matter of what your preference would be.