Bad experiences with sears last year?

amberjobryant

Did anyone else have a bad experience there last year? We felt like the ad was pretty good last year and made it a fist stop (one of the few stores that we waited outside for) and when we got in they where already sold out of alot of thier doorbusters, expecially toys and when questioned the sales lady told me that they had been at that price for several days before BF, I was so angry that I made my dh stay and check out with the few things that we where able to get while I sprinted down the mall to get to another store and pick up the items that we missed (they other store had plenty) anyhow I vowed never to hit sears first again after that and now once again the ad is looking good this year but I am still not convinced.

I did great! My 1st stop, ran to Elec register & stood online til my turn, 5:30am & camera was OOS . BUT he took my $$$ and ordered a Nikon D40 camera for me. It arrived the next week in plenty of time for Christmas!

I was very pleased. Sorry you did not have the same experience.

I waited in line there early... are you ready to hear why... it sounds silly... a Xmas tree! They have the same tree this year in the ad but only for 40% off, it was $99 last year, it spins. We had bought a new house and have a big front window and there is a yard decorating thing on our cul de sac so we get a lot of holiday traffic and I wanted THAT tree. Anyways, you would think that was not the big draw BF... I got straight to trees, picked up the little piece of paper for the tree and then was going to look at a few things (winter coats for kids) An employee mentioned that you don't have a claim on the tree until you BUY it. So I ran to a register where someone was buying the tree. Turns out there was only 2 in stock!!! I got the other one, but it was close and I was surprised they had the papers out to buy more than they had in stock. I then went to look at kids coats... NO boys coats. None. I doubt they sold out THAT fast, but there were zero boys. They did have some girls. I was not thrilled.

I did Sears last year. Dh wanted a tool set that came with a MIR for a free wrench set. I waited outside for about 15 minutes and there were about 50 people in front of me. The line was really calm. Doors opened, everyone scattered. I went downstairs to tools and the salespeople were lined up in the aisles waiting to help. I told one guy what I wanted, he found it, brought it to the register for me and wrote his name on a post-it. There were 4 registers open and me and 2 others were ready to check out and then the cc machines went down. It took them about 15 minutes to get them back online but people were still okay. By the time I paid and was leaving, about 1/2 of the tool sets were already gone among other things.

Just as an FYI, the tool set I bought was available online for the same price but I didn't want to pay s&h. They were still available by the time I got home.

I waited in line there early... are you ready to hear why... it sounds silly... a Xmas tree! They have the same tree this year in the ad but only for 40% off, it was $99 last year, it spins. We had bought a new house and have a big front window and there is a yard decorating thing on our cul de sac so we get a lot of holiday traffic and I wanted THAT tree. Anyways, you would think that was not the big draw BF... I got straight to trees, picked up the little piece of paper for the tree and then was going to look at a few things (winter coats for kids) An employee mentioned that you don't have a claim on the tree until you BUY it. So I ran to a register where someone was buying the tree. Turns out there was only 2 in stock!!! I got the other one, but it was close and I was surprised they had the papers out to buy more than they had in stock. I then went to look at kids coats... NO boys coats. None. I doubt they sold out THAT fast, but there were zero boys. They did have some girls. I was not thrilled.[/QUOTE]

I was lucky the kids coats where one of the few things that I was able to get both a boys and girls and the kids pj sets......but I grabbed them (literally as I walked by just glancing at sizes) as we came in cause they let us in through the childrens department.

I have never shopped at Sears, it has never had items that peaked my interest enough for me to go. plus most everything I want Walmart price matches the ad, so i get most of my shopping done in 3-4 stores MAX. I have never done the price adjustments though. I think I am definitely going to look into doing that this year. I hope that the items are on the floor prior to BF. My luck they wont be.

I was thinking of trying Sears first this year actually. Have done CC twice in the last 2 years and WM once. Sears had some stuff I wanted last year but I never made it out there. What I am worried about is where to line up if this is attached to a Mall like most are? I heard some people are allowed to lineup in the Mall itself, while many others wait outside in the cold at the front door. I will give them a call I guess beforehand. I am liking those Blu Ray player deals and DVDs. :D

I know last year we visited a mall location and the line was outside (they opened before the rest of the mall accept for pennys) and the "main" outside enterance, we got in line around 4:30 for a 5 am opening and were maybe 20th in line.......not sure this year with the w/d may be crazy, honestly I would check wendsday night because as I was complaining earlier our store had their doorbusters out then at the sale price.

• 2 weeks later...
I have always had good experience with Sears. They have always had what I wanted in stock. Maybe it's just luck or I am not looking for the "hot" ticket items. But we always spread out and one goes for one thing and the others go for something else. Then we meet up to check out.

We had issues of long lines, not having items in stock, and we even had an issue one year of not getting a rebate for an mp3 player that we had bought. Unless they are practically giving stuff away, I will be avoiding Sears on BF. Many other nicer stores to hit.

I should stipulate that all my experience was in the electronics department. I can not speak

for any other departments.

Never had a problem in the tools department. They are often very well stocked. Sears is usually one of the last stores I hit before heading home since all I usually get there are the tools. I have had issues with the rebates though and will not buy any rebate items from Sears in the future because of it.