How does Black Friday shopping online work for BB?

biggerbear16

I was just curious, I know they start usually at midnight TG day, but how do you get the items for sure? When you add them to your cart can you go shop for another online doorbuster or do you have to quickly pay for that item and then go try to find another one just to be sure you get it? I'm a little confused if they count the quantity currently in people's carts as quantity already accounted and don't try to sell it again.

Thanks,

David

If you put something in your cart, it's not truly reserved until you complete the purchase. So if there is one thing you really want, buy it first and then go back for another order. If something sells out while it's in your cart, either it will get removed automatically or an error will pop up.

Some people have had luck placing items in their carts ahead of time and just waiting for the prices to change, but that doesn't always work for a variety of reasons.

And of course, make sure everything is correct in your account - addresses, credit card info, etc...

if i buy something online at the regular price (say on thanksgiving day), and the price drops in a few hours due to black friday - would the retailer refund the difference / price match it (assuming the retailer has a price guarantee policy)? or is black friday considered a special day where they dont do price matching? thanks

E - i guess this question can be specific to best buy or to any other retailer

Welcome to the community! BB does not price match on Black Friday. It falls under there special events clause and also BB goes the extra mile of closing there guest services/return lines on BF.

if i buy something online at the regular price (say on thanksgiving day), and the price drops in a few hours due to black friday - would the retailer refund the difference / price match it (assuming the retailer has a price guarantee policy)? or is black friday considered a special day where they dont do price matching? thanks

E - i guess this question can be specific to best buy or to any other retailer

I bought a whole lot of stuff off their website at Midnight last year (I believe the BF ad + unadvertised deals went live on Thanksgiving Day if I remember right). I had no problem buying most of the things I wanted, though it did take awhile for the price changes to upload to their website. BB.com did a good job of having all the must have items with a large inventory, it took awhile for anything to actually sell out.

Best advice is to have your credit card info saved to your BB.com account ahead of time. That way the only piece of info you need to order is the 3 digit CID number on the back of your card. You don't want to be furiously trying to enter your info when the sale begins.