Stuffing Recipes

hjones47

I do an apple and sausage one that is pretty good and simple......combine apples (i use green) and sausage ( i use turkey) in a pan and cook, then add to a mixture of seasoned croutons, chicken broth and shredded carrots making sure everything is moist and bake until the right consisitancy.....

this is my grandmas recipe if you can call it a recipe:)

Tear up a bunch of bread into bite size pieces let them set over night to harden.

chop up some celery and onion and cook them in some chicken broth until tender.

Pour the chicken broth and celery and onion over the bread and add some of the turkey broth until mushy. Then you add poultry seasoning and stir. Put in oven and cook for around an hour. I love this stuffing but she isn't around to make it anymore. We all try but its never like grandmas:) You could also add some cut up turkey in it if you want.

Jalepeno and Sausage Stuffing

3/4 cup butter, divided

1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onion

2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced

1/2 pound spicy Italian sausage, casing removed

1 box cornbread stuffing mix

3 cups dry bread crumbs

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

2 cups warm chicken stock

1 egg, beaten

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9x9 inch pan.

2. In a heavy skillet, melt 8 tablespoons butter over low heat. Saute the onion and peppers until soft. Place sausage in skillet; crumble and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and transfer to a large bowl.

3. Combine sausage mixture with stuffing mix, bread crumbs, chicken stock, egg, and salt and pepper. Mix well, and transfer dressing to prepared pan. Dot with remaining butter.

4. Bake for 45 minutes.

This is sooo good, nice spicy flavor but not too hot. Never any leftovers and I usually double the recipe.

I make oyster stuffing every year. If you like oysters you'll love this, and it's easy!

1 Box Stove Top Chicken Stuffing

1 Cup Fresh Oysters

1 Egg

Prepare as directed on box, substitute water with the oyster liqeur. Add oysters to when fluffing the stuffing, allow to cool slightly. Whip your egg, then add to stuffing. Blend well. Bake until top is crunchy. Delicious :yup:

if your talking bout white castle as in the burger joint the recipe is on their site as follows

White Castle Turkey Stuffing

INGREDIENTS INGREDIENTS

10 White Castle hamburgers, no pickles

1 1/2 cups celery, diced

1 1/4 tsp. ground thyme

1 1/2 tsp. ground sage

3/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper

1/4 cup chicken broth

INSTRUCTIONS INSTRUCTIONS

In a large mixing bowl, tear the burgers into pieces and add diced celery and seasonings. Toss and add chicken broth. Toss well. Stuff cavity of turkey just before roasting. Makes about 9 cups (enough for a 10- to 12-pound turkey). Note: Allow 1 hamburger for each pound of turkey, which will be the equivalent of 3/4 cup of stuffing per pound.

this is my grandmas recipe if you can call it a recipe:)

Tear up a bunch of bread into bite size pieces let them set over night to harden.

chop up some celery and onion and cook them in some chicken broth until tender.

Pour the chicken broth and celery and onion over the bread and add some of the turkey broth until mushy. Then you add poultry seasoning and stir. Put in oven and cook for around an hour. I love this stuffing but she isn't around to make it anymore. We all try but its never like grandmas:) You could also add some cut up turkey in it if you want.

That is close to how I make mine except I add egg, salt, pepper, celery, onion, poultry seasoning and it was my grandmas recipe that my mom started making then she taught me how to make it.

That is close to how I make mine except I add egg, salt, pepper, celery, onion, poultry seasoning and it was my grandmas recipe that my mom started making then she taught me how to make it.

for a sweater version--I'll sometimes add raisins too.