Sam's Club 10-Week Membership for $10 Details

Brad

Sam's Club is offering special 10-week memberships for $10 this weekend and next only.

Go to your nearest Sam's Club October 17-19 or October 24-26 and get 10 weeks of membership (that takes you through Black Friday and both pre- and post-Christmas sales) for just $10.

Not a bad way to try out Sam's during the time of the year where they have the best deals, and much better than the free one-day pass where you have to pay the extra upcharge if you buy anything.

actually when you average it out it is a better value just to buy the regular membership unless you are totally sure you would only want it during the holidays, I think the regular fee is like $40-$45 on a rolling calander year so it is about .87 a week at the most..........

That's true, but 87 cents vs a dollar per week isn't much over a 10-week period.

Or look at it this way, instead of signing up for a year right away, do the 10-week "trial" and then sign up for a year for $40 afterwards. So for $50 you get 62 weeks, 2 Black Fridays, 2 holiday "seasons"

I think they are smart for doing this! If someone wanted to go there during this shopping season they would only need to pay $10. I would do it. I don't want to pay $40 just to go there a couple times from now til after xmas and then never go back again. I used to have a memebership at sams. It has expired, but I think the prices are relatively the same as most other stores. I don't think it saves me that much money to shop there and buy in "bulk." And after you add in the $40 fee, for the little amount of times I go there it's not even worth it. But for $10 I might just sign my boyfriend up and we can get a few grocery items for the holidays and still have access during BF and the after xmas sales.

Here is the PR on this promo.

By reading this press release you have to sign up this weekend or the next. You may want to call you local club to ask for details.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/081016/lath035.html?.v=101

Sam's Club® Offers $10 Membership Good for 10 Weeks

Thursday October 16, 6:00 am ET

FINANCE EXPERT PROVIDES FIVE TIPS TO SAVE YEAR ROUND

BENTONVILLE, Ark., Oct. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- For the first time in its history, Sam's Club is offering a $10 membership good for 10 weeks for families and businesses not currently members. Sam's Club will hold two weekend events Oct. 17-19 and Oct. 24-26 for consumers to sign up for this membership during regular club hours.

Sam's Club launched a national radio campaign this week and plans newspaper advertising to support the $10 for 10 weeks campaign, which features 10 reasons for joining. USDA choice meats and $4 generics along with generous food demos at Sam's Club were called out in advertising. Seasonal merchandise and all the decorations required to trim a tree for less than $100 as well as holiday photo cards as low as 35 cents a piece also made the list.

"We know we can easily demonstrate the value at Sam's Club in just one shopping trip," said Mike Turner, Vice President, Membership at Sam's Club. "With a temporary 10 week membership we'll be able to give those who sign up a good chance to see what we can do for them everyday, and through the holidays."

In addition to the radio campaign, Yahoo! Finance columnist Laura Rowley, author of Money and Happiness, visited Sam's Club locations in Baltimore, Chicago and Phoenix this week and suggests consumers should consider five things when looking for ways to save or cut expenses.

1. Start with the Basics -- Housing and utilities, food, transportation and medicine.

-According to the government's survey of costs, these are the top four

budget categories for Americans and there are some easy ways to save big

money over time without reducing quality of life.

2. Household Overhead -- Take a few hours on a Sunday afternoon and review monthly income, outline a household budget and look for ways to "trim around the edges" -- from cable to utilities to a cleaning or lawn service.

3. Hungry for a Deal -- Plan ahead and create a menu for the whole week, which will allow bulk food purchases (which saves significantly off the regular grocery bill).

-When planning a meal, double the recipe and freeze the leftovers, or

consider setting up a meal swap with friends.

-Crunched for time? Shop online. Sam's Club has a service called "Click

'n' Pull" where members can shop online and pick up the assembled order

24 hours later.

4. Transportation Savings -- Start by re-examining the families' auto insurance plan.

-Comparison shop, raise the deductible, eliminate collision coverage on

older cars, fill up at a warehouse club gas station; use gas websites.

5. Cut Health Care Costs -- Only about one-third of prescription drug buys are mostly or fully covered by insurance, according to a recent survey by Consumer Reports.

-Always ask the physician for a generic equivalent of any prescription

and comparison shop online.

About Sam's Club

Sam's Club is a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., (NYSE: WMT - News). The first Sam's Club opened its doors in Midwest City, Okla., in 1983. Today, Sam's Club serves more than 47 million U.S. Members with locations nationwide and in Brazil, Canada, China, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Sam's Club offers exceptional values on merchandise and services for business owners and consumers. Online merchandise and Club information is available at samsclub.com.

I like this because Sams is not close to me and for the past 2 years my husband and I have rotated getting memberships since I do not want to renew memberships when it is 4 to 8 weeks between visits, so we always go right before the membership expires, then wait until we need to go back - usually a month or two and then get new membership since if u renew within a couple of months of expiration you dont get a full 12 months since it expires the next year on the original expiration date which I just find stupid

Is this available through out the US or just in Arkansas?

The reason the press release says BENTONVILLE, Ark because that is where Wal-Mart has there headquarters. Bentonville has grown because of WM. Other compines like Kraft, Kodak, and Fruit of the Loom to name a few have regional offices there to only handle WM/Sams business.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bentonville,_Arkansas