Associate Q&A's

Guest RealLivePrinces

I'm sorry, I wish I had better news. :( There is no way to look that up. You can try taking your receipt to customer service and pleading your case... but that's just money out the door for the company and completely up to whatever mood the manager is in. Good luck!

*sigh*, That's what I thought. I won't bother argueing the case. My kids LOVE new clothes and that's what we had just bought so there's a good chance they got into the bag and lost the "cash". Oh well. Thank you RLP!

I have had kohls be able to reprint my Kohls Cash before - they look up the receipt and get the # tied to the kohls cash that was issued. If someone else tries to use that kohls case, it will show up as already redeemed. It works really a lot like gift cards.

I got a gift card for $10 in the mail from Kohl's today for use starting Nov 5th, wish it was extended to use for black friday. Just a quick question do you get more discounts on bf by having a Kohl's credit card. Was thinking about applying for one this weekend to use then and see if I can get any other discount coupons for bf?

I have had kohls be able to reprint my Kohls Cash before - they look up the receipt and get the # tied to the kohls cash that was issued. If someone else tries to use that kohls case, it will show up as already redeemed. It works really a lot like gift cards.

Lucky you!!! I called this morning to see if they could do that at my store and the cs ee told me to just bring in the receipt and they can track it so I did and the cs ee who was at the desk looked at me like I was crazy and told me there was no way they can do that. Kinda ticked me off but what are you gonna do.

Guest RealLivePrinces

We can sometimes look up receipts, but it is a lot easier if it's the same day. For Kohl's cash, if we are not yet in the redeeming period, sometimes they can just print a new one. But if it's in the redeeming period, we can't do that. Hence my answer to you the first time. I've never heard of what Djinnmage described and with what I do, I should've if it exists...

RBWilliams, I don't know if there will be Kohl's charge discounts on BF yet... probably, but I can't say for sure. However, if you're thinking about applying, wait for BF. Some stores set up registers just for that, which means you get a discount AND skip the giant heart-shaped line.

We can sometimes look up receipts, but it is a lot easier if it's the same day. For Kohl's cash, if we are not yet in the redeeming period, sometimes they can just print a new one. But if it's in the redeeming period, we can't do that. Hence my answer to you the first time. I've never heard of what Djinnmage described and with what I do, I should've if it exists...

I was surprised at Djinnmage answer too. I wasn't gonna even bother with it. I thought I maybe had a chance because one time I returned something and I didn't realize it voided the Kohl's Cash. DH went to redeem it and the register said it had already been redeemed. The head cashier looked it up and told him the date and time it was "redeemed".

I'm not ticked at Kohl's at all. I actually felt bad for the CS woman because she kept apologizing for having me come out for nothing. I told her it wasn't her fault I couldn't find the darn thing and it wasn't her that told me to come in so but she still felt bad :(.

Guest RealLivePrinces
Aww, I'm sorry you had to come out too, especially with the price of gas. :( If there is a way, I'd love to know it because I've forgotten too. It's always a day-ruiner when you find free money in your wallet and you can't use it because you forgot where it was and now it's expired!

Guest RealLivePrinces

No Kohl's charge discount is currently planned to occur on Black Friday.

There will be another Friends and Family sale the weekend before.

If you have a Kohl's charge, check the due dates on your bill EVERY month. Chase is instituting a 25 day billing cycle (began in Oct) and your date will change every month. If you are amongst the majority of chargeholders due the first week, you may already be late because the date changed to Oct. 31.

No Kohl's charge discount is currently planned to occur on Black Friday.

There will be another Friends and Family sale the weekend before.

If you have a Kohl's charge, check the due dates on your bill EVERY month. Chase is instituting a 25 day billing cycle (began in Oct) and your date will change every month. If you are amongst the majority of chargeholders due the first week, you may already be late because the date changed to Oct. 31.

Thanks for the heads up, mine is later in the month but I went and checked and sure enough it is about 5 days earlier..... That would have been a rude shock!

RealLivePrincess: I was hoping you could help answer a question for me. My mom recently opened an account at Kohls and they gave her a few of the 15% off coupons to use at a later date, but the cashier never put a date on the bottom of any of the coupons. My mom gave me one and I have been holding onto it to use for BF. Will Kohls let me use it?

Thanks for your help!

Guest RealLivePrinces

Do you have a Kohl's charge? If so, yes. They're basically like an extra pick a day coupon.

If not, maybe. It depends on the cashier.

Tazolover - only if you use a Kohls card can you use the 15% off bounce back coupon. As long as there is no name on the coupon you are good. If there is a name the cashier can and should refuse to take it, the coupons state that they are nontransferable. I have worked for Kohl's for several years now, they are getting a bit stiff on the fact that if the coupon says with Kohls card then you need to use the card. Some Kohl's management are more rigid on the rules then others.

On BF when you look for the BF items, there are usually management and some FTimers located by the registers to direct "traffic" so you can ask them were things are located. You can tell if they can help better if you see an earpiece on them. We use walkie talkies to talk to each other. Each department has people with the 2way radios - they are supposed to use them all the time, not just on big sales days. So if there is a black thingy on their ear, grab them.

Hope this helps!

Kohl's will price match. They have an option for price changes at the register that indicates "Match Competition" or some such phrase. As long as you have the advertisement and it is for that day the register operator does not have to call management. They can do it themselves. The cashier may ask to keep the advertisement to show the management team (just to cover themselves).

Tazolover - only if you use a Kohls card can you use the 15% off bounce back coupon. As long as there is no name on the coupon you are good. If there is a name the cashier can and should refuse to take it, the coupons state that they are nontransferable. I have worked for Kohl's for several years now, they are getting a bit stiff on the fact that if the coupon says with Kohls card then you need to use the card. Some Kohl's management are more rigid on the rules then others.

On BF when you look for the BF items, there are usually management and some FTimers located by the registers to direct "traffic" so you can ask them were things are located. You can tell if they can help better if you see an earpiece on them. We use walkie talkies to talk to each other. Each department has people with the 2way radios - they are supposed to use them all the time, not just on big sales days. So if there is a black thingy on their ear, grab them.

Hope this helps!

Welcome Wacked!

Not really a BF question, but did Kohl's quit selling Sonoma jeans?

We always got them for my 8 yr old son, since they were usually cheap and he's growing out of clothes WAY to quick, but we can't find any around here in any Kohl's that we go to?!?!?!

Guest RealLivePrinces

I am so glad I was wrong about the discount for charges on Black Friday! It's weird, because we have a calendar which shows credit promos and that discount wasn't included for some reason. But I was happy to get my coupon a couple days ago!

Sonoma... for really little kids, they phased out Sonoma and brought in Jumping Beans instead. I think some of the big boys also had that done with Croft and Barrow, but I'm not positive. I'll check. :)

Thank you!! I had already scheduled my payment before I read this, and did it for the 20th, when it is normally due...I should've noticed that it defaulted automatically to the 14th when I scheduled the payment, not realizing that that particular day was not the 14th, and it defaulted to that because that is my due date this month! Phew!! I never would've thought to go back and double-check, had I not seen this! Thanks so much!!

Regarding the projector (For people that want to know!)

It's called the "Shift3 XL-90 Entertainment Projector" and here are the full specs from another website...

Shift3 XL-90 Entertainment Projector

* Make every night a movie night with the Shift3 XL-90 Entertainment Projector

* Watch TV, DVDs, home videos, and play video games on a wall display up to 7.5 feet wide

* With onboard inputs, you can easily connect your media with included audio/visual cables

* Projects to any surface, especially designed for white walls, ceilings and screens

* Full color video from TV, DVD players, VCRs, video game consoles, camcorders, and more

Features:

* Three A/V inputs

* Built-in stereo sound with adjustable volume

* Contrast and color controls

* Audio out

* Manual focus lens

* Standard 50 watt, 12-volt MR-16 halogen bulb for hours of use

* Pivoting bracket and carry handle for easy picture adjustment and transport

Technical specifications:

* Dimensions: 23 cm x 22 cm x 8 cm

* Projection distance: 6 feet

* Image size: up to 90 inches (diagonally)

* Audio: stereo input and output to single speaker

* Lighting: MR-16, 12 volts AC, 50 watts

* LCD: 1.7 inches

* Resolution: 480 x 240 DPI

* Radiator fan: 12 volts, 0.2 amps, 6020 5500rpm

Materials: Plastic, electronic components

Model No: 1614974

Dimensions: 9 in. L x 8.75 in. W x 4 in. H

Now I know 480 x 240 resolution isn't that big of a resolution. But in all reality how would that be like in a real-life situation? Like if I hooked up my TV to it for out here at college