Getting BF prices on Wednesday PM?

Phx115

Maybe the Kohl's experts can clarify this?

Last BF while waiting in the hour-long line;) I overheard one of the associates tell another one that some customers came into the store right before closing on Wednesday claiming they could purchase items at BF prices. The associate, who appeared to be annoyed about it, said the store had to honor those prices?!

Does anyone know about this kind of thing?

I did the same thing last year. The Wednesday before BF my friend and I went to Kohls. I wanted some of the rugs that were on sale on BF and didn't want to be bothered about how to lug an 8x10 rug around the store, while I was trying to shop for all my other stuff, plus stand in the ridiculously long line. They were posting all the signs while we shopped and we were able to get the BF sale price when we left. It was wonderful. (We did the same thing at Target also, and then on BF I took my receipt in and got a price adjustment.) I plan to do the same thing this year. It's just one less place to worry about getting what you want before it's gone, or beating the crowd.

• 5 weeks later...
Last year I did my Kohl's and Target shopping early too and then just did price adjusting on BF. Kohl's always has such long lines on BF, it's crazy! Last year at Kohl's, when I did my price adjustments, the girl checked them all to see which ones were better deals and then she just returned those items and re-rang them, and I got the Kohl's cash then. She also honored the 15% off that I had used on the receipt too. So, you could always ask them to ring it that way...

I had no idea you culd get BF deals on Wednesday PM. Thanks for the post. Dos anyone know if you can put BF items on hold Wednesday PM to pick up on Friday AM? Obviously not the Doorbuster items since they won't be out, but might save some time. . .

Thanks for your help!

I have purchased on Wednesday and went back for a price adjustment on Friday. The only problem is that you don't get Kohl's Cash if you do this. I was thinking about going and putting stuff on hold on Wednesday though.

Just sharing: In my area, my local supermarkets sell giftcards that we get fuel perk points from and you cannot use the GC I'd buy and still get the Kohl's cash, (you must use charge.)

So I mostly pass on the Kohl's cash because as I remember it, you have to use the "cash" by a certain date and I am often done once the BF experience has ended. :cheesy:

I called my Kohls and asked about the price adjustments on BF. She said she "thought they might" so I asked if there was a way to know for sure... so she checked and they will do it but not for the doorbuster things. So, if you want a chance to have more selection/size options etc... on non-doorbusters it would probably be worth it (I rarely ever shop at Kohls and after these holidays I will be broke so not shopping much) so the Kohls cash is less important to me.

The Kohls cash is equal to an additional discount in my book. That's really what pulls me into the store on BF. We'll spend about 250-300, use the 15% 1 day card, and get 40-50 off another purchase. There's always gift exchanges, teacher presents, or unexpected gifts to buy, that's what makes the Kohls cash great here.

We do visit the store late Wed on a recon mission to find out where everything is at for Friday morning,

I went to Kohls tonight (Wednesday) and got every Black Friday price. I wrote the Early Bird pricing down on paper as I shopped. Nothing was ringing up at the sale price, but the associate used the prices I had written down and made price adjustments on every item! However, there were no DoorBuster signs out at my store when I left at 11:50 PM EST.

So I went in to Kohl's tonight to scope out and plan my attack for Friday morning. There were signs everywhere for the sale on Friday, but unfortunately, my store would not let me purchase anything at the Friday sale price. I was bummed, but I understood.

Can't wait for Friday!

I got the Geo Trax that I was after, and that appeared to be the only thing that had the signage up, out of all of the stuff that I wanted, but that's OK...if I get nothing else tomorrow, I'm good, I just REALLY needed the Geo Trax stuff...it was hard to decide if I should use my pick-a-day last night, or hold on to it, but I decided to use it, because I figured if I don't get the stuff I'm after tomorrow, then it was really a waste, because I was going to save $16 last night...

i got everything for bF prices around 11 pm.. signs were up for everything.. manager tried to tell a lady they cant do BF pricing yet but then the lady said "signs are up and you must acknowledge prices" and she did it for her! Luckily my cashier went with all the BF price adjustments I told her!